DOLCE LTD

DOLCE LTD Job security & advancement reviews

Good company to for. Well looked after an supported. Good management of staff. Plenty of time off during school holidays. Work and home life balance is good.
Really great business to work for - everyone I work with is professional and easy to get along with and we can easily all work together to get through a busy day! The family who own Dolce are always really involved in every aspect of the business, which is not very common.
Pros
Training on the job, Good work/life balance
Worked around 7 years at school, 3 years under dolce. Loved my job but ONE error made by a colleague and I'm sacked as supervisor. 5 area managers in 3 years each with different views on the job. No one hardly ever turned up to see how we getting on. Poor support and left to get on with things. When something happens there super quick to get rid. Treated absolutely disgusting and left in a financial mess no thanks to this firm. Be very wary as dumped at drop of a hat at an instant. Appalling.
Pros
Cons
Treated you like rubbish
Great family business, everyone is very friendly and welcoming. Term time hours are great meaning I have a good work and home life balance. Amazing company to work for.
Pros
School holidays, good work life balance, friendly Dolce team.
Cons
Excellent company to worl.for if your a cook but wouldnt try and progress as higher up the company have some strange rules going on. Very organised ordering system and kids pre.order food so less wastage.
I have worked for Dolce for just over 2 years now, and in my opinion having worked for other contract caterers to be the best i have worked for. There is a great support network and i really enjoy working with all the different teams and clients.
Really good family owned company to work for. Hard work gets rewarded with promotion and salary increase. Feel valued and like the fact the management can be approached right up to the managing director himself.
I have worked at Dolce for almost 2 years now and I thoroughly enjoy my job! The culture is great and you really feel like you make a difference. Management are very supportive and encouraging. The company has a great training sponsorship programme to help you achieve your career goals.
I have worked for Dolce for 15 months and can honestly say it is a great company to work for. All staff are friendly and welcoming. The job can be hard work at times but that is the nature of of the business.
Pros
Term time working
Cons
Enjoyed working for employer. would recommend working for them in the future. I was in the role for 7 years and chose to pursue a different career field
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DOLCE LTD?
I've been working for this company for a year now. They work you hard and don't appreciate the work you do for them. They also don't like to pay you for overtime worked. They over look you for promotion and bring in people that have never done the job and straightaway put them in as a supervisor. I wouldnt recommend them acompany
best job I've had, loved my school, had 4 great years until typed over to another company only to be made redundant all my hard put into the school and now the school meals have gone down down down, was even asked by the kids if I'd come back to school, heartbroken to tell them I wasnt employed by the company no more but still the work life balance was great really enjoyed my staff of 7 ladies who worked day in day out.
Worked with dolce for 3 years until our school Tupe to another company last year, dolce are a fantastic company to work for I always found management down to earth and approachable in every way, very professional and know how to run a business and the computer system is amazing. I would not hesitate to work for them again in the future.
Pros
Good life/work balance and supportive
I worked for them as a chef manager most unprofessional and unsupportive company. The pay is low for the amount of work required payroll rude and unhelpful. Still waiting for my P45 after I left.
Pros
Term time
Cons
Plenty
Good work environment & team Can be long days but balances with the time off we get for half terms Management approachable & supportive Recommended for hard working people who have the same values as the company
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Long drives
Lots of opportunities to progress within the company. They have a great service and good steady growth so internal promotion opportunities are common.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Hard work
Having worked for large, corporate companies prior to joining Dolce I was refreshed to find a company that welcomes you instantly. Team & Management are great, work life balance is the best I've encountered and you get out what you put in.
Pros
Happy environment, great team ethic, ample holidays
Worked for the company very good company at the beginning of my 5 years with them,the managers were changed and so was everything else,why change something that worked
Pros
time off in school hols
Cons
prorated pay
Dolce limited great well run company, friendly staff, give staff training and a chance to prove themselves prove themselves prove themselves