DOLCE LTD

DOLCE LTD Management reviews

Good company to for. Well looked after an supported. Good management of staff. Plenty of time off during school holidays. Work and home life balance is good.
I would highly recommend working for dolce, the management team are one of the best I’ve worked for and you can contact them anytime with any issue and it will be resolved straight away. Communication between staff and management is brilliant. I can’t fault this company. I have always been paid correctly and on time. Working hours are excellent especially if you have a family.
Pros
Free lunches
Dolce do not care about their employees. The Area manager is aggressive and unprofessional let alone unapproachable! If you tell her you are not coping you simply get “well other sites are managing ok” no support whatsoever! Avoid like the plague if you can!
Pros
Weekends off
Worst company I’ve worked for... and I’ve worked in retail! No support from management. Never want to know about problems you are facing. Never enough time to complete daily tasks. Moan at overtime but this is needed just to complete daily tasks, if we didn’t EHO would not pass us. They say their staff are important but we never feel it.
Where do I start!! Absolute shambles of a company. Started off full of promises and fantastic quality food and portion size with plenty of choice the fruit was kiwi,banana,cherries,pears,melon, grapes,pineapple, apple & oranges to begin with, the last 2 years it has been apple or orange that’s it! Drinks was milkshakes, milk, juice & water this soon changed to just water! Cheap food used & portion sizes same for reception & year 6. Management should be renamed Bullies, they make threats you will lose your job if you don’t abide by what they ask of you even if it’s against health & safety. They have no concern if you are short staffed tell you to get on with it, cut hours and pay whenever they feel like it and if your sick they say you can’t have time off and pressure you into returning if you are off. Grievance procedure! What is that??? HR brush everything under the carpet & ignore any complaints. Area manager is a bully & a drama Queen, bullies staff in all schools and makes idle threats to them all. Takes food from your kitchen without budgeting for it and tells you to cook meat from frozen if its brought in frozen but should be cooked from defrost! No management skills what so ever & talks her way out of any complaints. She is banned from the majority of her schools so how HR do not accept she is a problem is beyond me. Either that or they just turn a blind eye to this as well. My advice STEER clear of this appalling company for your own sanity and mental health, slave labour is a thing of the past but not with Dolce
Pros
Cons
not enough hours or staff, treated appallingly
Worked around 7 years at school, 3 years under dolce. Loved my job but ONE error made by a colleague and I'm sacked as supervisor. 5 area managers in 3 years each with different views on the job. No one hardly ever turned up to see how we getting on. Poor support and left to get on with things. When something happens there super quick to get rid. Treated absolutely disgusting and left in a financial mess no thanks to this firm. Be very wary as dumped at drop of a hat at an instant. Appalling.
Pros
Cons
Treated you like rubbish
Tie you into a 1 year probationary period, want to leave they require training costs back. But won't think twice about letting you go without reason!
Pros
fits around your children, schools holidays off-paid, free meals, training
Cons
Don't care about their staff only management, min wage, other staff do sloppy job, not enough time to complete job
Really good family owned company to work for. Hard work gets rewarded with promotion and salary increase. Feel valued and like the fact the management can be approached right up to the managing director himself.
I have worked at Dolce for almost 2 years now and I thoroughly enjoy my job! The culture is great and you really feel like you make a difference. Management are very supportive and encouraging. The company has a great training sponsorship programme to help you achieve your career goals.
A lot to do but a good offer Good management support Paid Christmas meal out by company Monthly paid Chances to win kitchen prizes Support from other kitchens via school grid chat
Pros
Free uniform, lunch, Christmas meal out, training
Cons
Large food offer
really bad company to work for.they don't care about there employs.only those tat are willing to sell there soul. they cut hours and expect you to do same amount of work and more.
The management of this company are a disgrace, all they do is put more work load on you without any extra hours to do it in,if you are brave enough to confront them about it you end up losing your job,they dont care,i wouldnt recomend working or hiring this company to anyone,all the staff at DOLCE are rude and ill mannered and treat you like dirt,DONT WORK THERE!!!
AVOID AVOID AVOID Management are shocking talk down to everyone, no support, constantly work understaffed, ive never worked for such a horrible company that have no consideration for there staff. If they dont like your opinions they will work you out of the company cut your hrs down til you can no longer survive on the shocking wage. If you value your sanity stay away from this company
I've been working for this company for a year now. They work you hard and don't appreciate the work you do for them. They also don't like to pay you for overtime worked. They over look you for promotion and bring in people that have never done the job and straightaway put them in as a supervisor. I wouldnt recommend them acompany
Worked for dolce for five years at first they were good and area managers were good and they cared about their staff but they changed the managers and it went down ,all they care about is making a profit,not about staff that are worked to the limit with not enough staff ,managers never came near
Was set on and faced with the most disgusting place of work ever encountered. All equipment included didn't work eg no scales no mixer no hotcupboard list is endless. No menus to follow off there system. Area manager was a disgrace. No uniform provided. Poor quality and pay never again.
Dolce is a great company the leading brand!! However they got very big too quick which has resulted in extremely poor area management this company has a leading example and the potential to be exceptional however better employee care and more attention to detail is paramount until they correct this company is extremely poor to work for. Understaffed poorly paid no gratitude the list is endless. High staff turn over there’s big changes to be made it’s getting there but no where near just yet. Such a shame really as enitile
Dolce will hire anybody, if you have no experience in a kitchen or have never worked a day in your life, Dolce will hire you, they are not picky! This reflects on the day to day runnings of the kitchen, your pushed to your limits and expected to go above and beyond. Management are a bunch of wet wipes that are also winging it but like to think they are something. If your really desperate and prepared to loose all self respect, this is the job for you
Cons
Awful company to work for. No support from managers. Too many bosses with different opinions. Unqualified staff running kitchens and no training offered to staff.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Too many to list
I enjoyed my time working for DOLCE at Alecdon Primary School. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children at dinner time. Management was good and the cook was excellent to work for.
Worked with dolce for 3 years until our school Tupe to another company last year, dolce are a fantastic company to work for I always found management down to earth and approachable in every way, very professional and know how to run a business and the computer system is amazing. I would not hesitate to work for them again in the future.
Pros
Good life/work balance and supportive