Dominique Ansel Bakery

Dominique Ansel Bakery Employee Reviews

Good place to learn

While at Dominique Ansel Bakery I learnt a lot about pastry. However that’s where it ends, the executive chef while I was there showed a lot of favouritism, he was unhelpful, he didn’t train staff he didn’t like, he spoke badly about all the other management staff to junior staff members.

Pros

Meals at work, staff discount

Cons

Long hours, no paid overtime

Nice experience

DAB is a sweet spot! Good product and nice people, the environment is easy going and dynamic! A bright kitchen with windows ❤️ Hours can be long but it s not always... not longer than any other high end shop in london anyway...

Dynamic and open minded workplace

I really enjoy to work at Dominique Ansel bakery. If you are looking for an friendly and open-minded work environment I can highly recommend you the bakery. The mangers are great and they have always time for you if you have any request or some to discuss. The team is multi culture and all super nice, it’s more to work with friends than coworkers

Dynamic workplace

Working here since June, it is my first job, I didn't have any knowledge about pastry and bakery and I learned a lot about everything. I also learned how to work with a team. For the passionate about kitchen is a really good start because we learned about pastry and savoury food. You will need to support the stress during peak hours. .

Terrible place to work

If you care about your mental sanity, don't work here.Long hours, no appreciation for your work, treated like a contemporary slave, no place to evolve in your career, poor management, disorganisation, lack of communication, negative environment, cheap salaries.

Pros

free lunches, decent equipment

Cons

long hours, poor management, unorganised, cheap salaries

Busy and Happy workplace

Dominique Ansel Bakery it's like a family, usually busy but you can learn different FOH positions. Usually you get trained on the new product. A typical day it's quiet from opening to lunch time on the week. week-ends are always super busy. High level of quality for product. The ardest part of the job it's keep high standards when it get's super busy and deal with impossible request. the best part of the job is that we try to help each other and support all the team.

Pros

Staff food every day

Cons

Not enough staff

Fun workplace

Doors open from 8 to 8 and days are pretty busy considering the nature of the products we offered customers. High quality food and clientele. Excellent team work and chefs brigade.

Pros

Staff members

Cons

Was a good first time job

when I was working there it was a 6.30 am - 9 pm sometimes 10 pm job. I have learned a lot from this job and I appreciate what they had taught me in a year. At that time the management was not up to standard so i left the company. The hardest part was definitely the time as i didn't get anytime to myself to do sort out my stuff for college. The enjoyable part was the chefs that taught me how to become a good chef and how not to become a lazy chef. Also I enjoyed being able to become a chef de partie for about 6 months in the savoury kitchen as it taught me a lot about how to kitchen works such as if you do not have enough mise en place or if you did not order enough ingredients the kitchen would not function.

Pros

fun kitchen and good chefs to learn from

Cons

very long hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dominique Ansel Bakery?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominique Ansel Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8