Domino's

Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 3,136 reviews matching the search
Overall I loved the job, sadly I was underpaid for the job I was initially hired for, and unfortunately, Management was only there for their bonuses. I left Domino's of my own accord because shifts were taken away from me, so the shop could focus on training another member of staff who they had transferred from a different franchise. Staff turnover was so high, we had people come in for their first shift and never come back. The job was very stressful and constantly was being told things were wrong. Praise was never given.
Pros
50% discount.
Cons
Management, Promised progression but was held back so I didn't cost the company anymore money.
My main problem was that I ended up getting an hour a week at Doms. It's a good place to work for a student overall though because the people here were pleasant to work with. I did have one bad manager who would constantly want to send me home even if I were doing a late and switch me out without consulting me first and stuff but I heard he's gone now.
Pros
Good friends
Cons
No break, weird hours
the company give 0 care about their employees, they will take advantage of you, they don't care about work/life balance. they advertise 11/h but you would more than likely be earning 9/h before you have fuel costs. they will treat you different to how they treat the people they like at work. management are immature and clueless. and they will sack you for any reason if they don't need you. they will make you go to work and send you straight home if they are not busy and haven't been all day, so you will spend money going to work just to be sent straight home. horrible place to work, managers act like toddlers. avoid like the plague
Pros
Cons
everything
The culture is already defined in the workplace. Friends of management and others of their same backgrounds get priority over staff that actually work hard when it comes to higher pay , more working hours and the opportunity to progress into higher roles.
Cons
Long hours and unfair promotions to lazy staff
I worked for the company for around a year. Largely the management are in too deep, the turnover of drivers was incredible.. their would be somebody new every week. You work your way up and eventually get the most hours then they expect you to continue to be that person for the same money. Their is no further opportunities or progression , tips are a bonus although since the world is going cashless these dwindled. Drivers mileage often covers the fuel + something extra. But of course it doesn’t cover wear and tear of driving 300-400 miles a week.. if your car breaks, you don’t have a job.
Pros
Paid on time every month, meet new people
Cons
Everything else
Easy enough job. Depending on management you got lots of hours or no hours. Normally staff is chill and usually good but managers and area manager ruins it.
Pros
Free or discounted food
Cons
Management can be s**t
Hours are awful- either given 1 a week or way too many. Management doesn’t appear to know how to actually manage. All they care about is money meaning that your hours will be cut. Manager has been caught up in some scandal but company doesn’t appear to care. Minimum wage is not worth it for this job. Only pro is it’s close to me.
Pros
Close to me
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place to work. Not professional at all. No proper training was given. Uniform was too small, used and pulled out from an office drawer. Terrible communication given and didn’t get told about any of my benefits. Probably one of the worst places to get a job.
Cons
Pay is just simply no enough and unfair compared to other fast food/supermarket chains, a more competitive and fair pay across all adult age groups would be more appealing as employees come and go so fast which would indicate a poor employee experience, therefore it should be obvious to the company the staff are not satisfied. As younger staff will get considerably less pay for doing exactly the same job.
Pros
Fairly simple but boring as no incentives for faster delivery times
Cons
Pay
no paid breaks, horrible managers, no sanitation, rush you, no training in church crookham, no free pizzas, let you go after 1 hour of working, very disappointing
Pros
Cons
30 min shifts
Few good people to work with here and there, can get some good hours in if you ask always extra shifts going. Only thing in this store after 11pm you're expected to drive to hartlepool, fishburn, Trimdon, all ranging anywhere from 6 to 30 mile round trips all paid at £1.30 a drop its nowhere near covers the fuel you use which is shocking really with the amount this place makes, so in essence if you like paying out of your own pocket to deliver people's pizza it's great, drivers have brought this up to management but they don't seem to care the drivers are getting massively underpaid on fuel.
Pros
Few good people
Cons
Massively underpaid
Excellent place to work. I worked there for almost a year and found the bosses easy to get on with. Paid breaks relaxed place to work. Production was a bit boring. I ran the tray wash. The bosses and lads were a good bunch. I'd go back tomorrow given the chance.
Pros
Free parking, free drinks, Sometimes a free pizza or sandwiches. Free pop
Cons
Can be boring on the reject end.
Working as an in store for dominos pizza was a good first job although pay is minimum wage and the zero hour contract doesn’t ensure good pay. I was often sent home after working for only 1 hour. Meanwhile you can ask to be sent home first or be kept late depending on your preference when on shift. Colleagues are friendly but team work wasn’t great and I often felt pressured by staff members to work quicker rather than ensuring quality and customer satisfaction
Pros
Discount on food. Can eat leftovers when not busy. Nice colleagues
Cons
Unreliable hours, low salary, rushed and unpaid breaks or pressured not to have a break
This was my first ever job and I think it helped me come out of my shell and introduce me to working life. All of the people are so nice and are happy to help you with anything if you are stuck, showing the real family you become a part of.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Not enough hours
Management expect you not to have a life. Even though the job is advertised as flexible and ‘fun’. Very demotivating environment that makes you feel fed up if I’m honest, the bare minimum wage is a bit of a hit when you realise the bonuses available to store manager weekly, hence why most staff are young as they cost less in terms of labour stats.
Pros
£1 per delivery
Cons
All hours are night time, weekends
management was okay but just plain rude at times Hardest part of the job was working with people who don’t listen and think of themselves Best part of job was going home!
Pros
Free food and some nice staff
Cons
Bad staff and management
I worked at the Market Weighton store as a Delivery driver, during the time there I wouldn't be working 30 hours a week, sometimes 20 or even less, which isn't enough as a full time employee, which I was. The contract was 6 hours, and if you were ill at a weekend they would punish you with no hours or maybe 1 or 2 shifts the following week. Due to the big delivery area in this particular store, you would also get paid £1 fuel money for a 7-8 mile delivery, both ways, so 16 miles all together which is honestly stupid, and you would be doing this a lot of times per shift.Management was horrible, workplace, especially management were very toxic, didnt care about their staff just about stats and their labour costs.Wouldn't recommend working there at all, was probably the worst decision I've made job wise. They weren't loyal to their staff at all, the new staff would be on the same hours as their 2-3 year old staff members that were there for a while. Some shifts you wouldn't be working anymore than 3 hours maybe 4, start at 6, finish at 9/10.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, pay, hours, unfair fuel money.
The work was very fast paced and no real training but it wasn’t really needed as the work is easy enough to figure out. The social circle within the store is very hard to be apart of and you’ll most likely be kicked to the side
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Unpredictable finishing time
You can advance through the ranks, but you’ve got to put the effort in, more you put in more you get! drivers and instores are constantly used as gophers of the store. drivers expect to do more than just delivering, you’ll be doing a ton of in store cleaning as everyone else does...you’re a team remember. instores, the hours vary depending on how busy the store is some weeks i could do 10-15 some weeks during christmas and summer i’d hit over 30 a week and then drop right back down. for a more stable wage i’d highly suggest moving through the ranks or finding another job
Pros
Pizza obviously
Cons
it’s harder to have a social life as a driver or instore, a bit easier higher up in the ranks
Horrible place to work if your not a friend you won't get the job and if u don't fit in like some people some people get 70 hours a week when the rest don't get 15 I could name and shame them but I won't woust company to work for in my life they say one they and mean something else
Pros
Have to work 8 hours before a break
Cons
Kills your car
You are always kept busy if you aren’t making pizza you are cleaning the hours can be long depending on what shift your put on for example a close on Friday and Saturday you will have a 8.5 hour shift (5pm-1.30am) which isn’t for everyone
Pros
Free lunch, mostly good management, easy work
Cons
Very unsocial hours 5-1.30 on a Friday or Saturday makes it hard to meet people
  1. Employee reviews