Doncaster College

Doncaster College Employee Reviews

Studied there overall it was very helpful with my education I learn a lot about motor mechanics and about different parts in and outside of a car, I was a student for a year
Not good , management were poor and the resource for teaching and students were poor and lacking . No life balance though coffee shop was good . The team in student support were very nice and friendly .
Pros
None oh, student card and rail card
Cons
Long way hard to park and cold moment and no gym near by other than pure gym off site.
The Academic leadership in the University Centre is incompetent. Staff are routinely timetabled disproportionately and some staff hardly work and others pick up the pieces. Problems with finance mean the college can no longer affordto run courses properly staffed and staff are overstretched and many near breakdowns
Pros
Cons
Mental Health likely to fail if take job here
I worked in the Performing Arts and Media department as a Program Leader / Lecturer. Doncaster College has an excellent culture in general with a good team spirit. I only left for a better position which cut my travelling time, had higher benefits and salary.
Working at Doncaster College I quickly noticed that the more capable you are, the more your job role/responsibilities increased without an increase in pay/salary. Majority of the staff are unhappy and will openly express this to you in conversation, which explains the high turn over rate at the lower end of the hierarchy. Poor management that is very disorganised and always tend to be last minute without consideration which, creates an overall stressful environment to work in.
Great team work and support. Good training benefits. Managers supportive and encouraging. Excellent salary and benefits. Enjoyed working for them, only left as needed more hours.
working as part of a team to ensure students receive the best quality teaching and learning experience through an exciting and engaging curriculum. retaining students
Pros
Fab team
Cons
expectation to retain students
The day at Doncaster college would be to take learners into class for theory lessons and this lasted around 2 hours then they would be in the workshop for practical classes which involved plastering ,boarding and fibrous work.
Pros
Subsidized canteen.
Cons
Traveling.
a great place to learn and enjoy they give the vital skills you need to prepared for working life the tutors are friendly and staff will help to give you some encouragement
Pros
great working environment
Cons
n/a
was only there on training course for one month , but learn't somethings about warehousing and customer services . my tutors were very good at explaining very thing we needed to know
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Doncaster College?
In at 9am (they would allow 9:10 at a push). No home working option. Not yet forward thinking. Management not pushy. Good team. Hardest part of the job, travelling in the commute every day.
Working on a self employed basis within the college Assisting student to achieve their full learning potential is very rewarding although sometimes frustrating oversll a very enjoyable job but no security .
learnt everything I needed to progress to the next level. Professional and friendly people, always making sure you are at your best and going to achieve the highest.
Pros
Learn everything you need quickly
It is a welcoming and fun work place where we are able to be very productive and work to the best of our ability and get help when it's needed. We are able to work at a steady pace.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Don't start till late
So long as you pick the right course for you, it will be very enjoyable. Have an excellent range of courses available so there's something for everybody. Easy access to college via public transport. Nice, friendly staff.
Pros
Easy access by public transport
Cons
Long days
I have enjoyed my time at Doncaster College and have met some great people. A lot of the staff are extremely supportive and encouraging. I would recommend the college as a place to work.
I prefer not to complete this section at the moment as I feel that my particular set of circumstances may unfairly colour my feedback despite what has been a generally good working life!
A brilliant place to learn and good environment with friendly people. I gained good grades and achieved my maths and English grades which has helped significantly
Pros
good people
Cons
travelling
It was the best job ever had in England, but I had to quit as I start having panic and anxiety attacks..i could not do it again I've cryed my eyes out because I have to leave..it was very unfortunate.
Pros
Good times
Cons
Long shifts and long journeys too, but i enjoyed eorking for iss.
I felt tutors were not as helpful as they could have been. I loved the work and enjoyed being part of the college culture. I had the support I needed and in general the staff were very accommodating with my needs. I made long lasting friends and achieved a high standard qualification.
Pros
The culture and focus on learning
Cons
course not what I expected and tutoring very sloppy
a typical day at college is busy but fun as I was a student there, the classrooms could be bigger and more organised and the food should be less money as not all students have a bursary to help them with the most best part of the day is home time
Pros
postive surroundings
  1. Employee reviews