Doncaster College
Doncaster College Employee Review

secure place to work

1 February 2017
I felt tutors were not as helpful as they could have been. I loved the work and enjoyed being part of the college culture. I had the support I needed and in general the staff were very accommodating with my needs. I made long lasting friends and achieved a high standard qualification.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
The culture and focus on learning
Cons
course not what I expected and tutoring very sloppy
5 October 2020
Lecturer Higher Education (Current Employee) - Doncaster
The Academic leadership in the University Centre is incompetent. Staff are routinely timetabled disproportionately and some staff hardly work and others pick up the pieces. Problems with finance mean the college can no longer affordto run courses properly staffed and staff are overstretched and many near breakdowns
Pros
Cons
Mental Health likely to fail if take job here
7 April 2020
Programme Leader (Former Employee) - Doncaster, South Yorkshire
I worked in the Performing Arts and Media department as a Program Leader / Lecturer. Doncaster College has an excellent culture in general with a good team spirit. I only left for a better position which cut my travelling time, had higher benefits and salary.
29 October 2019
Tutor (Former Employee) - Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Working at Doncaster College I quickly noticed that the more capable you are, the more your job role/responsibilities increased without an increase in pay/salary. Majority of the staff are unhappy and will openly express this to you in conversation, which explains the high turn over rate at the lower end of the hierarchy. Poor management that is very disorganised and always tend to be last minute without consideration which, creates an overall stressful environment to work in.