Doncaster College

Doncaster College Employee Reviews for Lecturer

I have enjoyed my time at Doncaster College and have met some great people. A lot of the staff are extremely supportive and encouraging. I would recommend the college as a place to work.
Not good , management were poor and the resource for teaching and students were poor and lacking . No life balance though coffee shop was good . The team in student support were very nice and friendly .
Pros
None oh, student card and rail card
Cons
Long way hard to park and cold moment and no gym near by other than pure gym off site.
The Academic leadership in the University Centre is incompetent. Staff are routinely timetabled disproportionately and some staff hardly work and others pick up the pieces. Problems with finance mean the college can no longer affordto run courses properly staffed and staff are overstretched and many near breakdowns
Pros
Cons
Mental Health likely to fail if take job here
Great team work and support. Good training benefits. Managers supportive and encouraging. Excellent salary and benefits. Enjoyed working for them, only left as needed more hours.
I prefer not to complete this section at the moment as I feel that my particular set of circumstances may unfairly colour my feedback despite what has been a generally good working life!
Wake at 5.20am at work for 8am: long commute. Resources were poor, room without windows. Atmosphere was closed and uninspiring, feedback did not follow a positive support pattern. One or two of the co-workers were less than supportive and downright confrontational. Would find meetings arranged for when I was working, meanial tasks would be given to me. There was open talk by the co-ordinator that she was 'cherry-picking' her cohorts and leaving the rest of the staff to fight over what was left. I found that I wasn't given a cohort but expected to accept learners that other tutors were having trouble with: this was still going on in February. This obviously led to difficulties with class management.
Pros
Full-time Salary
Cons
Insipid working atmosphere
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Doncaster College?