Doncaster College

Doncaster College Employee Reviews

Studied there overall it was very helpful with my education I learn a lot about motor mechanics and about different parts in and outside of a car, I was a student for a year
Great place to learn about subjects relating to the CompTIA A+ test while only going in for 4 hours a week.
Pros
Microsoft Dreamspark Account, Cisco Packet Tracer, Half price exams
Since my 2 years working at Doncaster College, I saw over 20 members of staff leave due to management. The college is a horrible place to work, as management do not care about YOU, only their figures. You have regular meetings with management in which they give you all negative feedback, and do not praise you about anything. The College do not take bullying seriously either - on a number of occasions members of staff have been bullied by the students, and the college suspends the STAFF. The managers at the College treat you like pieces of meat (if you're a girl). I will never reccomend this place of work to anyone.
Wake at 5.20am at work for 8am: long commute. Resources were poor, room without windows. Atmosphere was closed and uninspiring, feedback did not follow a positive support pattern. One or two of the co-workers were less than supportive and downright confrontational. Would find meetings arranged for when I was working, meanial tasks would be given to me. There was open talk by the co-ordinator that she was 'cherry-picking' her cohorts and leaving the rest of the staff to fight over what was left. I found that I wasn't given a cohort but expected to accept learners that other tutors were having trouble with: this was still going on in February. This obviously led to difficulties with class management.
Pros
Full-time Salary
Cons
Insipid working atmosphere
I always look forward to a day at college; I always know I am going to learn new skills and abilities and always be pushed to perform to the best of my ability. My classmates are always willing to lend a helping hand if needed and such great people to be around. The most hardest part of my course was when I had to do my first client, however I was always reassured that I would be okay and was good at what I did. The most enjoyable part of my course would have to be learning new skills as well as knowledge.
it was really fun at this time in my life and was one of the main reasons why i want to get into more of a hands on kind of job.the typical day there was measuring and cutting glass, repairing broken glass at customers properties and cleaning the yard.
Very challenging and demanding role. Minimal job security College staff were great and many good times will be remembered.
Pros
Local to home, challenging and mostly enjoyable
Cons
Lack of appreciation. Huge estate
working here was very fun doing a job I enjoyed and the staff make you feel very welcome and will help you if you are unsure of anything
Pros
loved doing the job i did
Cons
can honestly say i dont have any
great people, great laugh best time of my life. Made loads of friends and earned while I learned
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I enjoyed my work experience within the gym doing 2 hours after each day at college being 3-4 days on typical week. I would have to ensure all the equipment was in working order before opening and the environment was clean ready for safe gym practice. I would have to sign members in and out of the gym and supervise them whilst they was in there ensuring safe use of the equipment when preforming exercises. I found it enjoyable sharing knowledge band helping others train effectively being able to socialise with members discussing their gaols and its interesting to here what ways they train and things they get up to making new friends. I would have to ensure the changing rooms were kept clean and locked after use and the facilities were also clean after use.
i study there for a 2 years and it was hard work but i learnt how 2 cook some new foods and i made some new friends
Cons
I have great tutors that motivate me to work hard and learn at my own pace. I really enjoy the course thanks to the tutors and other students.
Great outdoor, hands-on working environment, with a great staff and friendly support. All work and colleagues are centered around the welfare of animals, going that "Extra Mile" in every task. Every member of the staff were Encouraging and supportive, pushing workers to strive for perfection, without being overbearing or intimidating about it; always willing to help and give support when needed, and willing to hear suggestions on how to improve a task or general workplace. Overall, working here has been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my career
I enjoy studying at Doncaster College very much as its fun whilst you learn, your fellow students are very supportive and help you a lot and the tutors are always there for you as a friend as well as a teacher. You learn more than you could expect there without even realising it and the time you spend there is just amazing and nothing but exciting.
Pros
The facilities availible to you
Cons
Traveling to and from the college campus
I learn and teach at Doncaster College and I am fortunate enough to be linked to both the Hub and High Melton site. The learning and teaching environments are professional, inviting and engaging. Staff are helpful and informative and in my experience go the extra mile where possible. I would not hesitate to recommend Doncaster College as either a learning or working establishment.
Pros
good locations, helpfull staff, good learning environment.
Cons
High Melton site has limited resources such as supermarket etc for those living on campus
best thing I've ever done in my lifetime so far. brilliant place to work and met alot of inspiring people
great place to work, shame I had to leave due to job cuts. co-workers were great to work with, learned a lot about IT while I was there and taking minutes in meetings which was a challenge I enjoyed.
Pros
amazing canteen and soicable hours
Cons
All enjoyableHecticGreat colleagues8 0 Clock - 5 0 clockEmergency decisionsHow to co opt with colleguesWhen a plan comes together
Pros
good working practices
Cons
need more challenges