Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust

Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

I learned lots of new admin skills on free courses which were provided and encouraged. A warm and friendly workplace with approachable management in a relaxed but hard working environment.
Do not recommend this place at all, if you using your brain you not suitable for this culture, if you are full of compassion and don't allow any neusanse towards patients you will be bully by management. I feel like they work against patients and the families.Absolutely hate working for this company.
Pros
Don't see any
Cons
Bulling and neglecting culture.
I covered maternity leave, brilliant experience of working for the NHS, only position I felt I was doing something worthwhile. Friendly and welcoming team.
Cons
Terrible matron that slags about patients and staff members behing their backs. Expects things that are impossible. Refers RN's to the NMC without a proper investigation. Bye bye NHS so much better without you!
They will find a way to take you out. I witnessed this happen around me.and low and behold the day came for me to be accused of something I hadn't done. They do this alot, it destroys peoples lives. They financially compensate with public money.
Most staff were friendly and welcoming, lots of different wards/ units to work on if you join the trust bank. Mental health inpatient setting. Staff facilities moderate to good.
Poor workplace in main administrative building in spite of refurbishment. Work content and satisfaction can be variable depending on line manager and department you are working in. Still some evidence of 'old fashioned' task-focussed management amongst the more modern leaders.
depends on area of working. Depends on your management and support offered. Plenty of training online. Good development oppurtunitys. Flexible working depending on area.
Friendly staff. Hours were difficult due to lack of public transport and not being able to drive. A good variety of jobs and happy to help others at busy times
Pros
Holidays and discounts
Cons
Travelling
Really good trust to work with high standards of service, professional and focused on helping people always look for progress and improving service in my opinion.
I work in a good team with good and friendly people. Most will stop and chat briefly which makes the day go better. I have a good boss who listens. My job is only temporary and it can be tedious. For me the hardest part is now working non-clinical when I have had so many years clinical.
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Job can be tedious
I worked for Trust Temps, the admin temp bank. On the plus side they kept me pretty well employed but on the downside the pay scale for admin staff was really low. I worked in Sentinel House which was not the friendliest place. Bit of a strange culture and hard to think of any perks apart from free parking (which is a massive advantage, to be fair).
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Unfriendly environment, some of the work I was given was more suited to a school leaver needing a bit of experience.
Dorset Healthcare takes pride over both its patients and staff. Managers are flexible and supportive when staff have problems. The staff benefits are amazing. Amazing place to work and will thoroughly miss it.
Pros
Staff benefits
Don’t do this job if your an experienced carer. Most of staff friendly a few let the trust down . Not much thought gone into role you need rehab skills as well as care skills, hard to keep everyone happy . Lack of support from managers.
Pros
Some friendly staff
Cons
New role not thought out
Good enironment for allowing staff to be creative and innovative in service delivery. Good opportunity for learning and professional development. i would work for this trust again.
Pros
training
Cons
poor line management
I have been working as a 1st level technician on the IT service desk at Dorset Healthcare for two years. I have learned so much in this job and have generally been very happy. It is a good entry level job but it is difficult to progress due to a lack of vacancies. It's really a shame because I would love to stay in this organisation but there are just no 2nd line vacancies and 1st line becomes very monotonous after a while. If you are looking to apply for this job the thing they value the most is customer service. Plenty of us had no experience in IT and were able to learn on the job so do not let that put you off.
This has really been helpful to me building a CV. From being in work last 17 years been exciting knowing and how to build this up after all this time. Thankyou so much
Managers are Stressed and some uncaring and do not support staff all they are concerned about are rating and looking good for the CQC and not patient staff caring Staff at ground level are caring hard working and very supportive of each other and are often under pressure to meet targets and deal with difficult clients and often go above and beyond often and getting no thanks for what they do
Pros
Colleges support pay pensions
Cons
Not feeling support or valued and will dismiss you at a drop of a hat
I have had many opportunties working with Dorset Healthcare which has increased my skills and knowledge. There are always chances to learn new skills.
demands on NHS does affect the staff trying to give care to patients as paperwork required ever growing and stops staff seeing patients and carers as often as they would like
Pros
staff friendly
Cons
demands of paperwork
I love my job but I am aware and can feel the strains on the NHS and in particular CAMHS. My team are amazing at their jobs and very supportive and the clients that are in the system receive great care but unfortunately the waiting times are so long that people loose faith before they begin treatment.