DoubleTree by Hilton
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

United Kingdom388 reviews

Found 388 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,759 reviews

Can be long hours. Benefits for travel are amazing.

The management can be toxic. Everything must be to their liking and your input is 'considered' but never accepted. If the managers do not like you, your life is hard at work. But, the overall staffing here is friendly. The benefits for travel is good and work-life balance is good.

Don’t work here you won’t be able to afford anything

Not good never got paid the right amount and the people higher up were rude and it was unhygienic but got free food on shift and I never got help when I asked

Pros

Get free food

Cons

Never got paid properly, unhelpful staff

Good place to kick off your career in hospitality

Fast paced kitchen with functions and conference lunches. Worked 55+ hours, work-life balance is not the best. Salary is not reflecting the amount of work you put in

Pros

good place to start your career in the kitchen

Not what I expected

When I first got there I was given the bare minimum training by the other Chefs.I tried to ask questions on how to do certain tasks and they either ignored, scoffed, or argued with me.Most of the Chefs were pretty ignorant and you could tell they didn't want to be there. Overall, it was a pretty draining atmosphere, especially with the long hours. My job was to be an Assistant Chef as I was a Rookie at the time. However, what they didn't mention to me before I started the job was that I would be managing a whole pastry section by myself. Without much help or supervision. And they dared to say I was being "too slow". Although things were pre-bought and didn't require much effort due to Covid. Even then it was a bit much.The only slightly redeeming thing about the place was the most of serving staff, the Head Chef and the KPs.I worked there for 3 months until many issues arose such as the travelling distance became an issue. And speaking of travel distance, I had to commute the longest distance to the place out of all the Chefs and they made little to no effort to let me leave early until 2 months in. Very inconsiderate.

Pros

Nice Serving Staff, Helpful KP's, Decent Pay, Friendly Head Chef

Cons

Unreasonable Chefs, Long hours, Barely any time to take a break, Not cooking, just dishing out pre-prepared food, The ticket Machine in the Pastry section is the worst to deal with, especially when it's rush hour.

Ok,

Very needy staff, expect too much from the staff with very little in return, grumpy and miserable chefs that speak to you and treat you like your a piece of ****

Pros

Dinner was provided

Cons

Long hours, no appraisal or thanks for what ever you do

Fast paced , always helping out different departments so rhat the customers are always satisfied .

At the end of the day the quality of the colleagues make the company to stand out Management is there to support always. Finance department solve all problems.

Pros

Free meals and discounts

Yes and no jobs a job

I was not bad period could have been better better more help you getting was not I hated that because we work too hard over 1000 people at wohnst I watch good at some two points

Pros

That one she's not bad if you got some

Cons

There are no corns

Poor management, no staff rewards, service charge not paid to employees

Highly dysfunctional management, the HR department seems completely clueless and does not act on poor behaviour from colleagues. I was never paid the service charge (tips) nor the incentive they have when your name is mentioned on reviews. I would not recommend working here at all.

Pros

Sometimes you get fed.

Cons

Poor management, you do not feel secure in your job, toxic work environment.

Good atmosphere

A good company to work for who appreciate your efforts . A good team spirit. Good benefits within the company. On site parking. Metro run regularly to and from the airport. Uniforms provided and laundered.

Pros

Uniform provided and cleaned, team work

Relaxed meeting hotel

Working there as bar assistant I learn a loots, you have the power to decides and how to deal with day to day upcoming. Management were ok at that time. Funny colleagues always having a laugh even in peak times. And I hated that gray shirt uniform that makes you look like a clown.

Pros

location

Cons

minimun wage

This work place ruined my confidence

All the managers will speak a different language around you, my only language is English, and it made me feel pushed aside because I didn’t understand

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Fast paced, little work life balance

If you would like to progress then any Hilton brand is a good place. But due to the current climate there is a lot of staff shortages, meaning you are required to work long hours.

Pros

Free lunches, uniform dry cleaned

Cons

No work life balance

boring and no staff

Lovely hotel let down by bad managers. Never enough staff. the staff they do get they don't train properly. High turnover of staff, probably because they don't pay very well.

Pros

free parking

Cons

No food

don't work here

8 hours work shift with 30 mins unpaid lunch. Lunch is provided for free. front desk management is terrible both night and day. work place culture is ok. they through you in the deep end with not much training provided. you can do 10 shifts in a row then 4days off, or 6 days then one day off. the is not 9-5 work week. you will be working on all days of the week. people never stay there for long. Turn over of staff is crazy as about 11 left during my months working there.

Pros

free lunch and dinner

Cons

only half hour unpaid lunch break.

Absolutely depressing

I felt absolutely gutted and disappointed by their poor management, from line manager to HR, The work environment is stressful with no appreciation ever. They lacked staff because all the good people would leave. It was an absolute nightmare working for such incompetent people.

Cons

Exploitation, only one person on shift, no lunch/dinner break. You can’t find time to go to the loo either.

Avoid

Please don’t apply for this job the attitude you get from manager and workers in the spa. The manager will literally tell you to leave whenever. She will also say to you that she will help you to develop but she doesn’t. they also complain about everything. You are not aloud to talk to the client if you do you will get pulled up how she find out is that she’ll put her ear on the door of your treatment room. along with that if you do something wrong the girls will laugh at you especially when you’ve just came out of training and still learning and apparently if you don’t wear uniform or don’t have notes with you or if your notes are written in big descriptions then you will get sent home or the manager will go mental. They took my badge and uniform off me. They certainly don’t know how to treat their staff it’s the worst spa to work in. the manager also said so much cruel stuff to me when telling me to leave.

Excellent place to work

I enjoyed my job as a housekeeper there. I learn new skills everyday.I love to see the guest happy with there rooms.My job was very rewarding and would recommend the hotel to everyone.The staff were very good in helping me and support me in everyway they could.

Toxic atmosphere

No opportunity for training or progression from spa therapist to a supervisor's position or above. Staff who hold these positions are unprofessional and have their favourites. Rota is provided at very short notice and you are expected to accept it. Clients get 50 minute treatment, with a10 minute turn around - too short! 30 minutes lunch, followed by 20 minutes of cleaning duties designated by staff manager. You see 7 clients per shift and go home exhausted

Pros

Great discounts for hotels but they dont set it up for you to get this benefit

Cons

Rife with gossip and unprofessional management

Don't bother

DT in York was a joke. Complete blame game culture, management forever throwing people under the bus for their mistakes. Awful wage and no advancement whatsoever. Very poor environment and run poorly. Staff morale is very low, no real benefits. Only get ahead if you lick rim.

Pros

Cons

boring, poorly run, shocking salary

Making event memorable

It was the best hotel I worked in.I will recommend the hotel for all business companies as well as guests to visit it.Nice staff and Management Flexibility of staff in customer services and supports

Great team and work place

The best place I have worked so far Felt like a second home/family. It's such a shame that the hotel went into liquidation otherwise I would stayed there forever lol.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K