DoubleTree by Hilton

United Kingdom440 reviews

Found 440 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,290 reviews
doubletreehotelrotaguesthospitalityfreestaffgu

Excellent learning environment.

Although it's been a while I remember having a great time there.Warm welcome from other staffmembers and management.Middlemanagements willingness to teach jobskills thoroughly.Great career opportunities if you're willing to work hard.

Pros

Staff accommodation

Cons

Split shifts

Bad experience

Bad place to work , no staff stays more than 4 months working in that environment. Has a bad reputation as well if you ask in town about this job ……..

Insights into DoubleTree by Hilton

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Terrible company

This is a terrible business to work for. General manager is absolutely awful, Two-faced and terrible people manager. Tries to rule by fear and discord.

Extraordinary place to work

I spent more than 12 lovely years in this company, unfortunately I had to reconsider my professional plans due the Brexit, therefore I had to move back in EU.

Pros

Everything is pro

Alright

Management could work on being more supportive and understanding of they’re staff. Reception team are fantastic great bunch. All the F&B assistants are an amazing bunch to work with and also the kitchen staff are the best.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad staff food

awful

by far worst place to work, staff are toxic, no help with anything and management are horrendous, not worth waking up for, the pay is good but not good enough for the stuff you put up with in there.

Avoid like the plague

This place is terrible to work if your face doesn't fit and your not willing to stand to attention. Management across all departments are lazy, and two faced. All the good genuine people leave, no support from anywhere doing all the donkey work and getting paid peanuts. What looks good on the outside is a world away from what actually happens inside!!!!

Management are ridiculous

Work there at uni.Got screamed at for not showing up to a shift when my flatmate was having a medical emergency as I was leaving for work. Tried to ring but couldn't get through to anyone so posted online and they dealt with it terribly.Managers were always stressed and constantly shouting.Very late hours and weird shift patterns so they didn't have to give breaks. Not paid enough for the people you had to deal with. Events were horrible.Favourites did barely anything. Only good thing about working there was getting a free cookie every now and then.

Stressfull and understaffed

They don't look after the staff. They are Just about the profit they make even though is obvious to see how the employees are working under poorly conditions.Renewing staff every month as everyone leaves.Management allowing colleagues to scream and be disrespectful to others.9.50 minimum pay when they pay so much better elsewhere.You need to do housekeeping or any other requirements as all the departments are short staffed even though you haven't been employed to do so.

No organization at all.

From being underpaid to having a poor management system. It is not a place I would recommend to work with if you want to grow in this business as they barely recognise your hard work and poor management decision makes your life even harder there.

Pros

Free lunch/dinner, free uniform

Cons

Long hours, underpaid, understaffed and no service charge.

Room attendant

Absolute horrible experience working there as a housekeeper, terrible, rude, unreliable management, staff I worked with at the time were lovely but was overworked and management did nothing when costumers shouted abuse at you due to entitlement.

very friendly staff

I enjoy working at the hilton, only thing is, it’s a hassle to take my nails off, my piercings out and everyone looks the same as we are all told to put our hair up in a bun, another thing is that i am not allowed to wear tan which is quite hard for me as i don’t feel confident without it.

Pros

good break time

Cons

i am 16 and put on finish shifts which can take up to 3am in the morning

Wouldn't work here

Terrible management, constant rota mistakes that employees were expected to fix. Passive aggressive comments made by managers. Pay was horrible and the work load was a lot. Fairly nice co workers though. Hours were ridiculous, 16 year olds shouldn't be working at 5am when they don't live near the area!!

Very disappointed

Very disappointed mainly with supervisors very disrespectful and rude and no respect for the workers manager does not do anything to support this behaviour.

Pros

Lunches if you like it

Cons

Disorganised/ overworked

Not good not bad

Some days busy and stressful but supportive colleagues. Hours can affect work-life balance but that's generally true for most hotel jobs. Not that many company benefits nor advancement routes.

Bad

No staff to acomplish all the tasks required. Stressful enviromentBad organization and no respect for employees. Not fairly paidDoggy hotel to work for as they hide everything

Bust work environment

Good first job, the work can be quite physically demanding and managers can sometimes demand too much. Colleagues were nice however there was competition sometimes

Pros

Free lunch

Horrible place to work

Absolutely horrible place to work. Underpaid and the management team is horrendous. They don't care about staff or guests. I wouldnt stay there if it was free and I definitely wouldn't advise anyone to work there.

Would recommend to anyone!

My interview was really easy, after i got the job everyone was very helpful and patient with me, the atmosphere is amazing! One of my favourite working places so far.

Pros

Food and laundry (for uniform) included

Xx

Good place to work, can be stressful at times. Laid back place to work. Staff friendly. Bad point is having to work unsocialable hours but that comes hand in hand with hospitality

Poor management

It's difficult to give an accurate view on working here as i started November 2019 and left November 2021, so most of that was in lockdown.But the time I did spend here, the staff made it worth it. Management were poor and couldn't organise anything. We used an external housekeeping company which were an absolute abomination. Constant complaints from guests about cleanliness of the hotel. Really high staff turnover as pay wasn't great and hours could be rubbish

Pros

Lunch provided, cookies, discounted hotel travel

Cons

Management, staff turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement