Dow Jones

Dow Jones Employee Reviews

I can't really give a review on this company as I was employed on a rolling contract which didn't last very long. In the short time I was employed with them the people were very easy to get along with.
good atmosphere - workflow fine - all good yes very nice all nice easy job - not demanding - cultured folk and all that and all the rest of that and stuff yes
Great place to work, a lot of flexibility but at the same time produttive environment as well. Great office in a great location.
Pros
Flexibiliy
Cons
Career progression
Raising Invoices Sending invoices out via crystal reports Refunds and credit notes Self management Running WIP Report
1994-2002 BRIDGE INFORMATION SYSTEMS/DOW JONES TELEPHONIST/RECEPTIONIST • Maintained the reception area to a very high standard • Answered a very busy computerised switchboard. The main type of calls I took were to accounts payable, and we had two different departments which dealt with incoming and outgoing invoices. We also had a marketing department, which dealt with marketing their own workstations • Updated information on the computerised switchboard and made sure all the correct fields were filled in, and double checked the information was correct • Signed for documentation and ensured deliveries were received promptly • Booked conference rooms via a computerised system and arranged catering. • Dealt with employment agencies as and when temporary staff were required • Compiled instructions on how to use the Lucent Switchboard and trained temporary staff for our reception area • Processed cost coding/checking invoices for couriers and taxis • Dealt with the overflow of administration work from the Facilities Manager that involved some copy typing, and checking and reconciling invoices.
Pros
It was far easier to take annual leave.
Cons
There was no in-house canteen.
This company doesn´t keep talent. If you are hard working professional, committed to perform this is not your place to work. If you like to chill around, gossiping and stuff ... then go ahead. The decisions come from US and often very inconsistent, and of course, people doesn´t count. Over 10 years + this was potentially the worst work experience. Managers lie and hide relevant decisions that affect directly people. The HR is incompetent and lacks transparency. Be aware!
Pros
free bananas
Cons
A lot, doesn´t have time to explore deeper.
Dow Jones (Europe) was a progressive company, with great products and people. I felt the business would have been more innovative and faster-paced had it not been run quite so much from the center (New York). Employees were valued and treated fairly, with lots of opportunity for promotion, to work across different product areas and to work in different geographies.
Pros
Great infrastructure and support
Cons
Risk adverse
All based in sales and profits, dot eat dog environment, lack of good skill and real good employees, managers have no idea about what direction to take, progression take ages, equipments are outdated, it's a bit like a High School for people with the brain screwed.
Pros
Free snacks/fruit/ good location
Cons
Lack of internal communication, Lack of work ethic, lack of good equipments, lack of good management
As a research intern, I was on a team with other interns, where we analyzed the entries in the Factiva Database an edited them to allow the database to run smoother. Additionally I worked briefly on the Connotate Database, where I worked on a social media platform.
Co-workers were extremely helpful and were the most enjoyable part of the job. Coffee breaks and team building exercises were frequent.
Pros
Healthcare, long breaks
Cons
Pay
For my week I was there I was kept busy and was made to feel welcome within the company.
i love to work here. as per my experience i am happy. its a great experience with this company to work with a lovely team
Pros
mmm
Cons
nothing
Provided assistance to the Account Executives profiling potential customers for Dow Jones products.