DPD

DPD Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,036 reviews
parcelvandriverdepotroutelorryrubbishodf

Shambles .

Not the most organised place! Some off the management need too have a long hard look at themselves! Lucky dip if your wages are correct every month!!!

worst job ever

If you want to feel hoow a Donkey is, work for DPD.They give you a van for which they ccharge you 1300 , so you need to work 1 week and half to cover that , you have to pay for fuel/ electricity , which cost 300/ 4 weeksyou can still make money , but you will work more then 12 hours, under time pressure , and after taxes, because you need to be self employed , you remain with minimum wage.

Pros

nothing...

Insights into DPD

Based on 1,007 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Worse place to work ever don’t do it to yourself

Management are useless and only care about there bonus treat staff like dirt on there feet they couldn’t care less about you I wouldn't wish working there on a enemy just don’t do it

Pros

No pro

Cons

Everything there is cons

Rewarding pay if you put the time in.

My experience of dpd has been mixed. But so far I would say it’s a fair days work for a fair days pay, it can get a little repetitive at times but what else would you expect?

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Work life balance

Fijne werkgever

Ik heb hier een aantal jaar met plezier gewerkt. Fijne collega's en houden altijd rekening met privé stituatie

Good place to work for

I would recommend anyone too work here as it is a very good company to work for and very polite people and very friendly too and very clean and tidy and they know what they are doing of to.

hard work for a patient drivers

Long hours depending on the route designated for the driver. Stressful because of the time limits and traffic jams during work. Job definitely for hard workers

Very active and busy environment

The main manager himself is a legend. The second in commands don't care don't help and put you under a lot of stress. The place itself is extremely busy. Working there is ok if they help and guide you but they don't! You get put on a chute and don't get an help. Half an hour with a dpd worker. There is over 20 locations on your chute and you are left to work our where they go as there is no designated locations apart from on the doors. If you blue light 2.I.C walk past and don't help you which is stressful as if you blue light your parcels go to the next chute and the other person is left under a lot of stress also. They will replace you for silly things like complaining about how hard it is and if you need help. The heavy lifting itself isn't a problem. If you want to lose weight it's a great place to work as after 3 to 4 weeks I lost a stone. Burning from 15000 to 2500+ calories a shift. They are quite relaxed in the sense you can listen to music and drink and eat whilst working. Which after you work there for one shift you realise why! Definitely needed. You will also get moaned and stressed at from the drivers when they come in the morning if your parcels aren't in the right location. Very stressful and fast paced environment. Also you can be told you have work go in and find out they have cancelled you without letting agency or yourselves know. With the time u start it's a taxi job back so you can lose a lot. Also be prepared to get underpaid and have to wait weeks/months for what they owe you!

Pros

Music drink and food on warehouse floor

Cons

Second in command's. (2.i.c) rude lazy and don't care

Keep your wages

I worked hard and worked for dpd for at least a year and before I left they didn't pay my last month's wage, conniving and fraudulent company to work for.

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, low pay, thief's.

Be warned

If you want a job where you don’t feel valued, can’t do anything right, and don’t want any time with your family then this is the job for you. 7:45 starts and finish around 7:30pm for £100. Which works out less than minimum wage. Although you’re self employed you can’t have any time off. You will ALWAYS have someone on your back about something. Would strongly recommend you don’t waste your time

Pros

Cons

Long hours, pay, management, DPD as a whole

hate this place

secruity is a joke as well as the job, it is too much for normal human being to handle. cuz of the shift my sleep was destroyed i couldnt get back to normal life for 2 months.

Pros

Cons

everything

Difficult

This job payed quite well however the hours go very slow and the work is extremely difficult and involves a lot more heavy lifting than specified, its okay for a little amount of time.

Sécurité de l'emploi

Évolution possible, cadre agréable quand manager compétant

Good fast paced place to work

As a collections driver my job was to collect parcels from various company's who are clients of DPD & drive back to the depot & unload once the van was full or nearly full. We have our allocated jobs already on our scanners when we start in the morning which are well organised & planned providing us driver's with roughly the right amount of time to get everything covered.

Perfect job

Perfect job but it takes long hours and hard hard hard job not everyone can do the job. Managers are nicely dealing and helpful, they are strong people can give an order to get anything done. Strong o mean personality.

Keine

Keine eigenen Ideen einbringen. Veraltete Technik, zu wenig Personal.

Pros

Keine

Cons

Zu viele

Stay away horrible place to work

Horrible place to work management dont care one bit about you they expect you to be a robot stay far away from this company as your mental health is badly affected

Pros

Cons

2 many

Busy

Great place to work and good managnent and there always teaching ya new ways to improve. Wages always paid on time and good working co ditions

Pros

Good money

Avoid

Just avoid it. As an experienced delivery driver I would advise to avoid this company all round long days starting at 5:30 just to have to wait till 7 anyway. Standoffish vibe from everyone seems like everyone is on some sort of defense avoiddddd

Fun working approach. Plus looked after .

Seams like you are just used for busy periods then got rid of after all your hard work is finished within the company. I worked there before as full time all woz good. But went back on agency then layed off . Not happy as I am 100% qualified for the job and put all the overtime in for them .

Pros

Cons

A lot of overtime

Productive and fun place

Good company to work for. Good pay if u do over time. Some time it can be hard work because you have to lift heavy boxes. Get bonus every year. Overall good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DPD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare DPD with

Learn about DPD in popular locations

• DPD