DPD

United Kingdom1,325 reviews

Found 1,325 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,875 reviews
parcelvandriverdepotroutelorryrubbishodf

Good company

An okay place to work. Pay for the initial 8 hours disappointing. Good money kicks in after 8 hours 45 minutes (due to deducted break) if you are lucky to get more hours.

Horrible place and even worse peopl

Management only care about hitting bonus and management in the office talk to everyone like dirty. Keep adding more work everyday and most of the time you dont get a break but still expect you to work the extra half hour a day. Place is a joke and wont be around in 5 years

Insights into DPD

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Some managers make it intolerable

I had a great job in dpd until one manager seemed to take a disliking to me and felt i had no option but to leave , other than that the job was ok , but be aware there are far to many people who try and get above their station !!

Quite stressful

Worked for franchise. The job when delivering I am paid £1 a stop, averaging around 100 parcels a day. DPD do not care about drivers or inconvenience that they cause from my experience. They seem to care only about your window, if you get delayed for whatever reason they do not care, or if you end up working 16 hours a day for less than minimum wage. A LOT depends on your route though, a good condensed route in an area you know then can make it a very enjoyable job. You get decent money and fairly quickly. They do not care about weight and size of parcels. Multiple times i have been sent out with two man needed parcels

Cons

long hour

Company has lost its way since Dwain left

Company has spiralled down hill since ex ceo Dwain left. Feels like people are not valued as much as they used to be and it’s all about cost targets now. Can’t see it improving.

From best delivering company in UK become the worst

It was great 7 years ago. Management was treating personel with respect and dignity. Slowly with the timethey started cutting wages putting their needs on top of everything and everybody. Communication between company and drivers was interrupted and valuable people left

Dont bother

Start at 05.00 finish at 18006 days a week for approximately £350 a week prior to deduction Mislaid a parcel, was notified 2 weeks later, no evidence shown to prove it but was stopped over £200 from wages. Absolutely terible firm to work for. Shame as the job is a good job, but run by management that have no idea what so ever on the logistics of road haulage other than what they have read in a book.

Pros

Its work

Cons

To many to list

Nice

Flexible work and it’s nice to meet colleagues from different walks of life. The staff support is great and any queries are responses to immediately. The work life balance is perfect if you are student or have another main job.

Very happy to work for then

DRIVE and collection very good work and the staff very helpfully. great commuication. very friendly .that all i can saidcan i working for this company again.

Fun place at times

Helpful colleagues, work fast- paced but not too stressful, shifts pretty predictable, but finishing times can vary a bit. Orientation was quick but good. Could have done with more training on handheld scanner gadget.

Stressfull

Absolutely avoid at all costManagement haven’t got a clueBest part of job are the driversWorst part are managementUnfortunately there’s a bullying culture there by management

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

Poor management

Not great

Not the best place to work. Extremely unorganised and chaotic. Not much help in place for drivers should they encounter problems and management are not great.

If your face fits then fine

Just don't bother compony it terrible night shift management is Appling to work with rude managers towards his staff so think twice before working for this company

Pros

End of shift

Cons

There two faced to meny chiefs though out nite shifts

Odf

do not work for this company, they will try every day to still your money ,they will told you that parcel disappear a moth or 2 early and force you to pay, jobs is never guaranteed you will turn back home 2 to 3 days a week or the let you go out on a route of 120/150 miles that if you are lucky you will finish around 10pm, they tell you to start at 7 am and sometimes you have to wait until 9;30 for start load your van.....worst company ever......

Just get them out

You get a little support as a new driver, if you're lucky to work for the right franchise. Less stops too, but you need to learn fast.the minute they need you to take 100 out, you'll take a hundred out, finishing at 9pm won't bother them. The depot has got one hour when nobody answers the phone... You may be coming in at 8 and finish at 8 on a regular basis. You can make money, but the price is high

Great work force.

Great company to work for. Great management. Great bunch of lads to work with. It's hard graft. Unloading trailers. Scanning parcels.loading vans to go out for delivery's.

Pros

Early hours

Cons

Average wage

Worst place I ever worked

No communication with people and treating people as numbers. The management is all about good relationship with the higher manager or family or friends. Too much work compare to money and not thinking about the people.all they thinking about is spending less money for labour and more money for the company

Demanding but fair pay

Job can be demanding and busy.Some franchises expect to much of you as a driverSELF EMPLOYED so you can work as you wish but it seems this only applied to weekends as they require you to work in the week..

I worked night before they moved to Glenfield and it was a good place to work.My manager and 2ic were very helpful most kf the time when it came to my job and cheered me up when times were really pressured.The only problem was I was homeless at the time and already worked for them on agency for about a year, was also looking for a place to live and needed a contracted job so I could look for places. I asked for my contract and filled in and application form which never got handed in.When it came to my CRB check they was trying to get me to pay for it even though it was the agencies responsibility to do so. I refused to pay and that was when they let me go.Also got a call off my agency (pertemps) getting shamed saying how much I disappointed them and let them down even though they were the company that let me down.

Pros

Lots of things to learn, and different types of different work to do. The staff is relaxed too.

Cons

Bit of a walk to smoking area and no hot food options other than vending machines

Worked

It's a demanding job I side warehouse if you have strong body go for it also don't miss on day sleep and proper meals as the job is pretty demanding ......

Pros

Free ice-cream when is very hot

Cons

Very hard

Don't do it

Everything falls onto you the driver, from the state of the parcels to damage to your vehicle, dpd will never take the blame for anything and they are very quick to charge you for anything, you are not guaranteed work and they can put you on any route they want.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DPD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare DPD with

Learn about DPD in popular locations

• DPD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?