DPD

United Kingdom81 reviews

Found 81 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,926 reviews
parcelvandriverdepotroutelorryrubbishodf

“Soul-destroying”

The pay is ok after/if you reach the 8 week mark. Not a bad place to work if you don’t mind walking 28 kilometres a night, depression, and scoliosis. As described by an ex-driver and current parcel sorter “soul-destroying”. The job consists of moving parcels from point A to point B, so if you have more than basic motor skills you are over-qualified for this role. Would recommend a monthly trip to a chiropractor and therapist to compliment this role

Ok job for ok money

Ok job if you can keep up with all the physical loading of boxes onto belts. night shift pay extra more than previous warehouse jobs. Some of management nice others bossy

Insights into DPD

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Slave labour don't get any help and the staff want you to do all the work

Same as above the staff are lazy they expect you to do everything no help and quite draining you get one break throughout the night for 30mins management are very lazy too

Pros

Cons

Slavery

Difficult but secure job

The job can be difficult demanding and sometimes stressful. However it is a very secure job that pays well and there is always overtime for those who want to earn more. They give you gifts sometimes and free good and drinks regularly. Overall a good place to work if you want a secure and simple job to pay the bills.

Pros

Good pay, lots of overtime, free food

Cons

Long hours, physically challenging

Fun

Great place to work, solid pay and staff. Sometimes give away free food if the week has gone well. Clean facilities that are easy to navigate and even if you are confused everyone is happy to help you out.

Production is good

I don't like the way the treat me when l was working with them. I worked with them for three months and when the time to give me contact and they remove me without any course

Not a good place to work

Most people who I know including myself wouldn’t stay at dpd longer than 6 months, sometimes you get called in made to wait an hour before your shift where they can just tell you to go home as there’s no work. The sort controllers are very aggressive and have no regard for people as whenever I worked there I felt like I was seen as less of a person as I was constantly looked down on and belittled by sort controllers.

High physical demand

You need to lift heavy parcels non stop by yourselves for hours. Fast pace is needed to avoid conveyor belt congestion. Most of colleagues are nice and willing to help if you ask. It is bad if you need to rely on public transport to commute as you get off at 9pm.

It has some key problems.

DPD is fine if you're great with people. If not you'll find yourself at odds with managers pretty much permanently.The work itself is not hard but it relies on a pretty worn down piece of equipment that despite practically everyone's insistence was broken long before I even started working there.

Pros

The work itself is actually very easy

Cons

The management clashes with the staff nearly endlessly, and it often devolves into yelling

Was good to work for

Great people boss at the time was great to work for huge paced job but was fun and had a laugh early starts heavy lifting of your old I wouldn't bother as it's a young one job

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DPD?

Not a very good work place.

No interview or training just thrown into it an taught by whoever is there, fairly easy once you have the hang of it. Very long shifts with no stops..

Pros

Always leave early with full pay.

Cons

30 min break even for a 12hr shift. No kettle, toaster or microwave, so no warm food or drink. Staff aren’t the nicest.

Standard warehouse job

Fun place to work, people are great, work can get busy at times and be very quiet at others. Hours depend on what suits you as there are many different shift patterns.

Entry level minimum wage job

Low pay and very physical work but the hours are flexible and the managers are not strict. Good for short term work while you search for a higher paid or better long term job.

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly management

Cons

Low pay, physically demanding

productive and workplace

I would like to work in this company because work as like unity in my section sometime I feel like not fair with me my regular manager they always keep on my activities

Fast paced with no help

Awful place to work for, especially with parcel sorting. Permanently under staffed.Angry drivers, never went a day without arguing with someone.They promised a full contract after 3 months, worked there for 7 months and never got the contract.

Pros

Cons

Under staffed.

Slow days/busy days/fun/disappointing

I love working for DPD for specific managers.I have had a problem with a couple of agency staff which one caused my injury to pull out, other than that the staff are awesome to work with and if I ever needed anything they helped.My family and friends love and prefer DPD as they are reliable and they deal with any problems that occurs. The drivers are friendly some have a terrible attitude swearing and blaming night shifts for the dayshifts messing up, and disrespectful to parcels. Dayshifts don’t care about leaving the warehouse in a state leaving pallets all over, empty food packets even though by law it is forbidden to eat out of the canteen especially in industrials. Some staff will leave and not help out when your shift ends so you need to keep your head down and work hard dpd will keep you on until they employ you only if you make the effort.

Pros

Good laugh, friendly and caring staff, busy most days especially the holidays.

warehouse operative

just dont work there the managers are human trash with little to no clue how to run the place and have honestly the worst attitudes ive seen in 30 years , in summery its a total right off .

Pros

constant work

Cons

everything

Management is shocking wouldn't advise working here especially in house as the managers haven't a clue what's going on half the time. The cleaners know more on what's going on and that's saying something wouldn't advise working here.

Pros

Free vending drinks on a weekend

Cons

Poor management

Poor management

The shift managers are immature and lacking life experience to manage a team of people. The warehouse operatives are under paid and overworked whilst the managers enjoy inflated salaries and all the overtime they want. Bullying is rife and staff are overworked.

Pros

Cons

Underpaid poorly managed

Dpd

The company was brilliant to work for but rather work for dpd not agencies as they pick and choose who works or not and could be not for a week or two .

Pros

Dpd friendly

Cons

Agencies

People working there long time and they give fast a contract is well

Everything on the uniform they give .Very good .People there is friendly.Everbody they work together .The Hub is not very clean ,but the try regular clean up the Hub.Shifts is a lots off .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DPD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare DPD with

Learn about DPD in popular locations

• DPD