Dr Kershaw's Hospice

Working at Dr Kershaw's Hospice: Latest Dr Kershaw's Hospice Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

Amazing

To work knowing you are helping the hospice provide quality care for those who are terminally ill is so rewarding it has to be one of the best Companies I have worked for I have changed my role due to family commitments but if I could go back I would definitely

Stay away

Do not wirk here, I worked in the office and its awful, the bosses are hateful and spiteful. More of a business than a charity and has lost its soul as a charity to be proud of in the local area

brilliant work experice

enjoyed learning new skills the staff was very friendly i loved spending my Thursday working in both shops i enjoyed the till work better then the self fliing

Pros

learning

Cons

long days

Sweethearts

The staff were lovely and were always there and prepared to assist with any issues that somebody may have had, a truly excellent place to work; very disappointed that I had to leave.

Poor culture

Some members of senior management totally rude to volunteers, avoiding them or ignoring them completely. Some junior members of the team copy this and it leads to volunteering in the hospice feeling pointless. I would not recommend it.

Very friendly atmosphere full of interesting people

Sign in, greet the nurses, receptionist and any one else nearby. Nothing strenuous had someone my age to help and serve tea and cakes to patients. I learned to be more sympathetic as there was a day when a patient sadly passed away and how to be more confident and communicate with new people. Very enjoyable nothing bad about it.

Pros

Free cakes

Used to be pleasant place to work before changes to policies

Working as a staff nurse at present. I enjoy working in a caring environment. However, I am getting bored and need a new challenge. I am finding the changing shift patterns very unsatisfactory and these are having an impact on work life balance.

Pros

Pleasant working environment and working with good people

Cons

Shift patterns and increased pressure from NHS policies

this work experience is very productive and fun

i enjoy this work experience very much it is extremely helpful, a friendly environment and it is very productive with lots of things to learn and helps develop my skills in all areas.

Pros

making friends

Cons

Great and fun enviroment to be contributing time to.

Customers approach you for a conversation It's great helping them, accepting donations Staff are great to work with Shifts are great, they work around your time. breaks available upon request

volunterr

All the duties that was require to do. This helped me on my organisation skills, my communication skills and computer skills. The manager and co worker was really good. The enjoyable part of the job was the company that I had from my co workers of my.

A quiet day

A typical day at work would include hoovering and maintaining the building, it was quite straight forward actually. I learned how to work an old till with the help of the lovely co workers. The hardest part of the job was finding something to do because it was very quiet. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different backgrounds everyday.

productive place

excellent service which is being provided at this charity organisation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dr Kershaw's Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement