Drain Doctor

Drain Doctor Employee Reviews

Good company to work for, lovely co workers. Management need to be more honest with staff, face to face rather than letter. I unfortunately was disabled and told I may need further surgery, I was completely honest with management at all times and they ended my contract via letter with no notice. I understand why they did this but very unfair on the way it was done.
Pros
Lovely co workers
Cons
Not completely honest with staff
If you like being forced to work over and forced to cover other employees on call even when you have plans, and get your flat rate pay then get paid hourly per job or per job which ever is cheapest to pay you, or simply driving around giving quotes and if customers don't accept the price then you not getting paid, you work From a book giving prices for private and commercial and if it's a private well off customer or elderly they recommend using the commercial price to make them more money. It's a joke flog your guts out and get paid what ever the boss thinks your worth, not forgetting you get no respect at all unless you managed to get a high price job then they like you, just wait till pay day tho because you still work less than minimum wage for all them hours you grafted trying to feed your family where your wife's on your back, your never home, we have no money etc etc
Pros
Company van to take home, saves you costs in going to work
Cons
Company van to take home, except to fill the water tank for jetting, even if your on a water meter, and in winter your paying the electric for a heater to stop that water tank freezing
Began working for them under the assumption as promised by rob Simpson that although I have no experience they will train me fully and I will be supported throughout. After 4 months of working with them with little to no training they made it perfectly clear that they didn’t want me there anymore and made my life a misery at every opportunity until I was forced to quit to save myself the embarrassment of being fired. They expected me to work 18 days of the month on call with no extra benefits for doing this and if I complained about this I was told to get on with it or find another job. Completely unprofessional.
Cons
Typical day at work consisted of listening to really unprofessional backbiting, shouting, racism and moaning from the management, who don't seem to know their a**e from their elbows and do not seem able to come up with a working plan for the good of all. Some of the girls in the office were nice and most of the lads out in the field were good to get on with. It seemed the longer a member of staff had worked there the bigger snide they were. Horrible place to work with a core group of older staff who make it their daily task to make sure you are as miserable as possible. You get taken advantage of and your wages are never right, I was ripped off on several occasions but it got to the point where I felt I couldn't say anything about it for fear of being accused of troublemaking or undermining (or as one member of senior management said 'knocking spots off') the wages department. One male member of office staff was very aggressive towards me and the was never disciplined because he had been there for years, had this been a professional company he would have been sacked or at the very least suspended, I was made to feel like dirt and undervalued, with jokes thrown at me about my political views - it was an absolute travesty. Don't bother going to management with any problems you will just get told 'if you don't like it, you know where the door is'. They prefer to work underhand, there is no transparency in their actions. If you want a position with no training, no consideration and no hope of ever getting promoted or appreciated then this is the ideal place for - more...
Pros
Some nice staff members
Cons
Management & HR - terrible
The Average day was unclear really as the work came in we where sent out to do it . I learnt about lining drains as well as patch repairs. Management was constructive but hard were receiving and sending the out come back to the office was not the easiest thing. My co-worker was a very able and friendly engineer but we mainly worked alone . For me the hardest part was giving the customer the correct price as if the customer was not happy we had to work out with the manager a price that they were happy with and the boss was happy with to.The most enjoyable part was leaving the customer satisfied and back to normal.
Pros
Cons
hrs were varied and not set
Duties consisted of carrying out repair work on Plumbing Installations, Emergency call out work, Drainage which included Lining, High pressure jetting, C.C.T.V surveys, patch repairs and Pipe laying / Ground works. I was responsible for keeping a company vehicle and working in the Gloucestershire and Hereford shire area.
hard working good place to work good rates of pay you get your own transport get to go on courses to learn lining and patches also to get a HPWJ card, lots of learning ability's working within a team, work all round london. also worked in office completing survey reports and quotations which is great