Drake & Morgan
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Drake & Morgan Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews

longservicestaffhourteammanagerlotgood

Not as great as it used to be

I’ve worked for D&M on 2 separate occasions, the first time the business had a great atmosphere, people culture and amazing support structure and senior management team. My second stint with D&M the culture had completely changed. It was more stressful and the support and management structure had changed. The amazing senior management that were there had all left and unfortunately have been replaced by less capable managers that always seem stressed.

Pros

Salary package

Cons

Poor support structure

Horrible

Horrible place to work in. I was the only coloured member of the team and aside from my role I had to help the waitresses despite not being paid to carry extra workload. The managers don’t know what they’re doing so I had three managers that all told me different things and if I started a task one manager told me to do, another one would shout saying I’m doing the incorrect thing.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long standing hours, extra work not paid for, quick to cut pay if late and slow to add pay when working overtime

Insights into Drake & Morgan

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Good people

Good people, Good payment, good bonus.Meals every day, Good discount very good opportunities to grow in the company. Pension scheme, and very flexible with the rota , also birthday gift

Drake and morgan seems a good company,

I did like the whole management of drake and morgan, except my departmental boss. But 92% of work culture was pretty fine. I some how will miss the company...But, I need to. Some head superiors carry there home in work place. And forgot to know that what ever the achive as bosses , is not by there owne might...But the team. Respect is the most important thing in every gathering. When some people are superior to others, the treat them as there personal servants at there home.) I decide to resign to stay out of trouble. And I'm glad the way I've left drake and morgan, shaking hand with the personal manager. There was no problem between me and or the company...Except my departmental boss. All the same! Life keep going. When the going get tough, the tough keep going. There's no goal without bumpy roads. Boots, keep going.

Pros

Sometimes yes, Sometimes not realy...Sometimes no.

Cons

I realise the hours were sometimes given through lobbie..And not long

Good venue, cowboy management.

Good venue, cowboy management.Completely sales driven. Customer and staff experience is an after-thought.Zero training after your initial induction.Hygiene or maintenance never a priority.Over 2 months without servicing the greasetrap, so enjoy working in the smell of putrid food.Extraction fans not working for months.Staff who ought to be self isolating due to covid regulations, rota'd in to work.You can earn good money from the service charge here, but expect to deal with shoddy conditions.

Ottimo ambiente lavorativo

Ambiente di lavoro stimolante , colleghi disponibili ad aiutarti e manager sempre presente , possibilità di crescita interna molto rapida .

Great fun

Great company to work for, it is very supportive and flexible. Great locations. On going trainings. Good company benefits. Amazing team and atmosphere.

Pros

Great atmosphere

The Best Job I have had in hospitality

I have worked for Drake and Morgan over a year now and I'm in love with my job. Management is accommodating and understanding. I'm a student and they will work around my studying and they are fair with taking holidays off. The team is strong and I'm very close to all my work colleagues. The job isn't easy and its long hours but that's what you sign up for when you enter a hospitality role. Training is amazing, you have wine tasting lessons, food tasting with menu changes and coffee training as well. Service charge and tips are also amazing.

Pros

Free food, flexible and amazing work environment.

Cons

Fun and thriving job culture

A team who feels like family. Great company who's invested in it's people. Highly rated job culture within hospitality. Long working hours but flexibility within personal life and responsibilities.

Great opportunities and salary

Great place to work, make friends and progress in your career in hospitality. Competitive salary and great bonuses. Fast paced and intense working enviorment.

High expectations and standards

A London based company who didn't and hevent adapted to the north style of service. Very strict and regimented style of workm figures lead and little importance on the person

productive

nice job in a beautiful place in the city center. You will learn how to operete on a goup. Management always avaible and useful to resolve anty problem or difficulty. The most enjoyable part of the job is carried out during monday to friday, sometimes you have to work in week-end but not always. Young and friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended

ambiente lavorativo stupendo colleghi e menagement fantastici

era sempre un piacere andare a lavoro menagement e colleghi sempre disposti ad aiutarti per non perlare delle challenge proposte per incentivarci ad affrontare le dure giornate con dei premi o bonus

I need a change in my life

A really nice place,great team,amazing bar manager

Ambiente raffinato

Avere contatto con clienti molto disponibili a passare il loro tempo nel locale

Good

Working at the Folly gave me a lot of opportunity to meet new people, gain more knowledge in every different area possible, loads of fun people, and really good time on shift, people are usually very friendly.

Mid range with possibilities

A good place to learn the ropes and advance if you have the hunger for it. A lot of social activities and a vision of a good work culture. Has a long way to go but on the right track for becoming a benchmark for the hospitality scene in London and beyond.

Great, beautifull place filled up with lots of good personal a good working structure.

I have learned how to manage my work and help others in the same time. Also about wines, coffee and that most important for me that boss can be your boss but at first everybody is a friend, family. Everybody deserve respect and being taken in a good fair way. Nice, positive people and yes lot of stress but as a KP for me it doesnt change a lot.

Good for a starting job in the city. Not recommended at all

It's ok for a starting job in the city. But you don't get what you deserve if you focus on your duties and act as a really hard working person. Overall I would say that if you want to grow up as a worker it is not the ideal place for you.

Mixed oppinions

My time at Drake and Morgan was quite fun in the beggining with fun and friendly staff, but people started to change for the worse. Deppending of the day and the branch you are positioned at it can be either a boring or a busy day. You might get low hours deppending on the manager and the number of staff.

very good company

this company helped me a lot in achieving certain goals, since I could fulfill myself there. I was welcomed and helped to develop the talent of a cook. That even a chef cook asked me for a recipe for my specialty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drake & Morgan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement