Dreams Ltd

Dreams Ltd Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working for dreams, it was excellent pay and everyone was east to get along with. I really enjoyed getting to know the people who works there but unfortunately had to leave due to lockdown.
Pros
Get to know people
Cons
Tiring
The best team ever and evreybody is friendly. The management is the best i ever had and team effort is the besti dont what to say anything else.apply
Pros
Free at the best
Cons
The same hours.
Great company to work for, right from the CEO to the HR department. The only downside I faced working for Dreams is solely the Colleague(s) I worked alongside. Ranging from micro-aggressive colleagues to the one(s) that thrive from bullying and negativity.
Pros
Flexibility, Great Management & Locality.
Cons
Colleague(s) not carrying out all parts of the job requirements, and just reaping the benefits of selling whilst other(s) carry out tasks.
Interview was with Area Manager then Head of Retail. Managing the shop is not a hard job to do, given the right team. However, you are faced with A LOT of working 10 hour shifts on your own and bearly got to see any staff members to actually do any formal training or reviews. Also had no days off at one point for 28 days straight. When it came to interviewing new staff you were always getting up to speak to shoppers, not a good look for a new employee. It was a fine place to work when it went smoothly, biggest concern was that at 22500 a year after I left job was then advertised at 28000 a year. So will under pay you given the opportunity. Area manager was supportive and other managers in the company would help. you were having to get up and
Pros
Commission, Good Staff discount.
Cons
Long hours, Lone working, no work life balance.
Dreams are a great company to work for believe in promoting from within,great training,fantastic earning potential, great work life balance and fantastic discount.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
good job but some lone working and long hours alot to learn but had alot of changes in management when I was there so that wasn't to good and target driven also is very important when working for a company like this
Dreams was variable as a place to work so I was never bored. It wasn't just a selling job. The manager was brilliant and held the whole team to gether. I was involved in the upkeep and maintenance of the store as well as selling beds and mattresses. I had to have a great deal of product knowledge. The team was fantastic. We were like a family and every day was different. If it was a quiet day for sales, then there would be customer service issues to take up on so never a dull moment.
A long time ago this was a company that I liked working for. It was then sold around a few American investment companies. The money got worse and the stress levels went up. After 15 years of service I didn't even get a thank you for my time time spent with them. I was told many times if I didn't like it, I would be replaced and I should just leave. Don't do it unless you want stress and fear of losing your job at any moment.
You need a natural gift with people you should be hard working. Driven. Self motivated. Want to earn money. Be willing to give and take. Great place to work you can earn alot but you will have to graft.
Started as a Dreams employee this year and it is like no where I have worked before. Very professional, excellent structure, brilliant team. Management are very supportive and the training provided is fantastic.
They're not a bad company to work for, they just have terrible management in the Preston Brook depot! Staff turnover is incredibly high either because they're sacked for minor things (agency being more than 2 minutes late on 2 occasions) or clashes with one particular manager or because the the work life balance is non existent. 12hr days are a regular thing.
I love my job. When I joined the business everyone is very welcoming and the business still upholds it's family feel. Good benefits, room for progression and I still have fun everyday!
Pros
work life balance, good benefits, family feel, good managment
Cons
None i can think of!
Extremely successful company made out of talented hard working and caring people! Everyone I know is honestly, takes massive ownership and pride to make this business as it is. Pay structure for (Store)management could/should be higher, on the other hand job satisfaction and recognition is in heart of this business so I may moan about higher pay but I have never felt more appreciated and supported in retail by colleagues and bed quarter colleagues. What is different about this company: our Management truly takes in consideration, big time all feedback and concerns, like no where else: in terms of working environment, customers journey, products and future proof ideas. Management knows its people, as people in this company is key to everything so you will need to bring honesty and love not only towards your future but whole company as we all One Dream for better (future and sleep). Hardest job is take honest feedback to better yourself as self development is never easy? But boy, this is more than ordinary job can offer as feedback is always towards expanding our attitude and utilising our full capacity of our mind. In store, where I am based we lift mattresses so pump the muscle, we assemble beds ourselves and disassemble and hover and clean at the same time we take massive pride in job well done. Our daily routine is to serve every customer with Journey: Greet, Offer drink and pillow as this is massively important in case you didn't know for good night sleep and much more! We have targets and we are closely monitored to achieve them at the same time we are given so much support - more...
Pros
Golden Envelopnes, VPC on orders, Incentives, Supportive and caring Managment, Passionate Inspiring Leaders, awesome products, Conferences
Cons
Basic / Core pay must be improved and invested into for Store Managers (please)
dreams is a brilliant company to work for, day starts with short team catch up on the tasks for the day. then we great and talk to customers its all very fun and relaxed, the management are all very approachable and encourage you to do well in the company and progress. You learn a lot about the bed industry as a whole and how important a good nights sleep is. its a very friendly place to work. it can be challenging as there is a lot to learn but its also a very enjoyable part of the job learning about all the beds and products and the most enjoyable parts are the company roadshows where you go away for the day to learn about the new products its all very motivational, the commission is very good its just a really good company to work for and if you enjoy talking and meeting new people its perfect.
Pros
staff discount, relaxed friendly environment.
Cons
heavy lifting at times
Dreams have a found a good balance between being staff and customer focused. Great example of a company where you can be professional but allows you to enjoy yourself and have fun at the same time. Very welcoming place to work.
Good work ethics, sales targets & KPI's are realistic and if achieved the rewards are good. Fun place to work if you have the right team in store and you'll have full support from your local Branches if you need it.
Pros
Staff discount excellent
Cons
When I first began working at dreams I was welcome stright away and supported thought my journy of becomeing a sales assistant. No questions was to much trouble for my team they was always more than happy to support me in developing my skills and knowledge. As a team we achive to our full potential.
I've worked for Dreams for over 13 years and can honestly say that they are a great company to work for. The company has the perfect balance of being both professional and a fun place to work. Higher management are very approachable to all employees, and are always looking at ways to ensure that the business puts the customer first. Overall, a great place to work
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Weekends / Bank Holidays working
Worse place i have ever worked at, no health and safety with constant injuries due to very heavy lifting without the correct equipment. Regular punishment for things you have not done because the company believe the customers who are just out for a free home makeover by complaining about false property damage. Management are a complete joke and as a driver would be sent out with an agency assistant that either cant speak English or to weak to pull their own pants up often both.
I have been a driver for dreams for a few years now and I want to give an honest review. My van is my office, out on the road I am my own boss, i have seen some amazing sites and views doing this job, get good laughs, been to places in Scotland I would never have been. Typical day, early starts, vans loaded, van checks go to brief, then with my assistant out on the road. It can be hard and physically demanding. BEDS ARE HEAVY!! I have learned a lot being at Dreams, before knowing the products a mattress was just a matt. Came across people from all walks of life a bit of an eye opener.The management are fine, don't get much hassle, do your job, do it right and just get on with it, not had an issue with them always been supportive, chose your attitude, be nice to people and theyl be nice to you a suppose. All work places have rules. Hardest part is the traffic and awkward deliveries trying to get big products into places.. Like any job has its good days and bad, I have had more good than bad here and for me its the people who i work beside, some i can call friends, the majority are good. Some need to sort themselves out. doesn't matter what job/company you go to, someone will always have a chip on their shoulder or like to moan. Life is to short if you don't like it get a job you do like. Simples
I cannot fault the company. We work very well for each other! I previously left the company for a few weeks and when I realised what I have left I came back and was welcomed with open arms, even directed into a new store. Love my job!
  1. Employee reviews