DSM

DSM Employee Reviews

Very productive

Dsm is a company that produces and provides premixed vitamins for the animal industry. Part of the agri foods business. Hard job. Labour and mentally intensive but very rewarding! Good hourly rates of pay. Good holidays.

Pros

Good pay and holidays

Cons

Labour intensive

Geen respect, waardeloos management

People planet en profit is enkel in het belang van de aandeelhouders. Ze geven serieus niets om hun medewerkers. Afstrafcultuur. Er wordt geen rekening gehouden met een gewijzigde thuissituatie. Een ongelofelijk prestatie- en werkdruk waarbij veel van je verwacht wordt tegen een karig loontje. Amper doorgroeimogelijkheden. Het management toont geen empathie aan haar medewerkers en ze denken alleen maar aan zich zelf om hun hachje hoog te houden. Pas op voordat je hier komt te werken, je moet nogal slaafs zijn!

Cons

Werkdruk is hoog, management toont geen empathie, geen doorgroeimogelijkheden, karig loon

Fun place to work but little career advancement opportunities in lab

People are very inclusive and helpful. Lots to do and freedom to work flexible hours. HR is remote and difficult to get clear answers from. Little advancement in the lab. Excellent healthcare options.

Awesome Production Supervisor on 3rd shift

I am a fairly new production operator on the 3rd shift. I was welcomed on board in such a manner that I was super comfortable and felt valued. My supervisor and his assistant are amazing. As a woman in what would be traditionally a masculine type job, I am encouraged to learn and work in any space and perform all tasks. My Supervisor is extremely smart, funny and compassionate. All my coworkers are so friendly and accommodating.

Pros

Really great pay and benefits. Awesome staff and Supervisor.

Cons

Very short 10 minute break and a 30 minute meal break. That’s it.

DSM is okay for short term work.

DSM has a high turn over rate.the pay is okay and the work is usually easy.mandatory overtime. Everyone had attendance problems.At the location I worked at, they really lacked diversity.There was little attention to my training. I ended up being entirely trained on one thing and that was where I was stuck. My training had not been reviewed and my training book was untouched when review time came around.Every worker does things their own way due to the lack of training and structure. This causes constant issues that are not addressed in an effective manner.I was not given clear information on progression and everyone I talked to made a different payrate and had a different story on what they were told in the interview process in regards to raises and progression. I was making more than someone that worked there 2 years, and he told me he got a .20 cent raise during his last review.

Pros

nice people

Cons

managment

Decent salary, TERRIBLE management and HR.

Very high turn around, management only points fingers, never takes accountability. Racist culture exists, and HR covers it up. Very low company morale, management and supervisors make it even harder to be a good employee, as they gossip and hardly ever lend a solution to problems. No HR on site. Employee benefits are decent.

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay.

Cons

Poor management, training, and HR is almost non existent.

Great Place to Call Home and a New Family

DSM cares about who you are and how to grow your career professional. The ownership is on the individual to thrive in this environment, it is challenging and the effort is high but the rewards are worth this higher level of effort.

Pros

Career growth and Comps and Benefits

Cons

Lean Company

Competitive and collaborative

DSM is one of largest company to provide Pharma materials in industry. The products is great quality and served the customers with excellent services, despite of competitor have the same products but DSM proven that their products is competitive in the market.

productive fun

It’s a good place to work, the people are nice, the management and co workers are very pleasant. The work itself is very fun and interesting. It feels good knowing you are helping others.

Pros

easy

No leadership and accountability

Worst company I have worked for. Management did not have leadership or the character needed for this location to function effectively. Safty concerns that were brought up were ignored if it conflicted with the company's safety narrative that they had already decided. This company is missing some imperative things needed for success like leadership and getting out of the way of people who can do the job instead of making excuses and covering for the dangerously incompetent managers that don't have the skillset for their positions.

Pros

I am no longer employed with DSM

Cons

Management /lack of upward advancement/PPE policy over safety

Good company

Has been good to work for so far. Great pay and benefits. Most of the problems are related to meddling by global. Regional team is good and great folks to work with.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Corporate nonsense

Great pay and benefits

The place has great benefits and pay that’s it. Nothing else is good, there everywhere with what needs to be done and you have no balance with work and family time they’ll work you two weeks straight just to be able to have a 3 day weekend on a holiday and sometimes it’s not even 3days.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Everything else

Empresa de ótima atuação, sempre focada na segurança dos colaboradores. Aprendi muito mesmo com grandes astros que iluminaram meus conhecimentos.

Trabalhar na dsm, seguinifica ser o melhor no mercado.

Pros

Refeição das melhores, com muito bom preparo, livres de contaminação. E sem contar o sabor que é nota 1.000

No work/life balance.

Goals are constantly moving so it’s extremely difficult to meet or exceed goals. Very cliquish. If you don’t fit into the group, you will be ignored or worse

Pros

Cons

Management is clueless

Would not recommend

At DSM they expect you to push out large amounts of batches with little to no help and very very old equipment that is wildly outdated. Management/Supervisor also have very old ways of thinking and managing and will not hesitate to fire you on the spot for no reason whatsoever. At DSM you are required to take a shower at the end of every shift because the chemicals you are working with are so deadly. But given the conditions of the showers you have to take another shower once you get home anyway because there is chemicals all over and inside the showers. I worked my but off and still did not receive any wage increases while others who have worked there for many years steady get increases because it’s all in house. Not worth the time.

Pros

Couldn’t think of one

Cons

Deadly/cancerous chemicals

Company takes it's employees for granted

This company has gone downhill over the past 2 years. They laid off a bunch of people they deemed unnecessary and called it "fit for growth" which in turn just put more work on almost every employee whos department was effected. Upper management has a real disconnect to the lower level employees day to day job and most hard work goes unrecognized. They also have to apply a "bell curve" when ranking employees on their yearly review so even if they are a good employee they need to meet a quota to put people on both the high end and low end and may get stuck with an undeserved low rating. It's very hard to get a decent raise or promotion over time if you are not an upper management pet.

Pros

Benefits, work life balance

Cons

Upper management will put more and more on your plate over time and not compensate you for it.

Vision

Good place to work, plenty of opportunities based on the location you are at. Good place to grow and learn if you apply yourself. They are constantly setting the bar higher as it relates to safety and culture

Pros

Movement

Cons

Dsm was an awesomw place to work they take good care of there employee's

DSM was the best company I ever worked for ,great bonuses and work incentives ,benefits and retirement packages, they took great care of all there employee's

Pros

Company parties and picnics and outings

Cons

Shiftwork

Good people to work with

The job itself is not to bad but some of the rules and regulations are silly. It seems like people not in production are just sitting around thinking of ways to make production personnel miserable. For example, we do a lot of sitting during our 12 hour shift and had comfortable chairs at one time and management decided that the chairs were to comfortable so they were replaced with very hard uncomfortable chairs were when I get off work, I have sore back muscles, but the office chairs they sit in are plush and comfy.

Pros

Pay Benefits

Cons

says safety first, but its not

Prettige werksfeer

Fijne werkgever met veel mogelijkheden om jezelf te ontwikkelen en de hulp van dsm hierbij

Good place for work

Good company whit oportunities to learn about diferents chemicals and prosses and combination of chemicals I was learning a lot in this company I recomend to anny person this place.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Comunication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement