DSM

DSM Employee Reviews in Belvidere, NJ

Belvidere, NJ10 reviews

A good contract position

I enjoyed working the contract position I had for DSM. It was an interesting job. I would enjoy similar positions in the future, local to me in Easton, PA.

Company takes it's employees for granted

This company has gone downhill over the past 2 years. They laid off a bunch of people they deemed unnecessary and called it "fit for growth" which in turn just put more work on almost every employee whos department was effected. Upper management has a real disconnect to the lower level employees day to day job and most hard work goes unrecognized. They also have to apply a "bell curve" when ranking employees on their yearly review so even if they are a good employee they need to meet a quota to put people on both the high end and low end and may get stuck with an undeserved low rating. It's very hard to get a decent raise or promotion over time if you are not an upper management pet.

Pros

Benefits, work life balance

Cons

Upper management will put more and more on your plate over time and not compensate you for it.

Good Workplace

It is a good place to work and has an amazing culture. Most new people they hire are contractors. They do not hire the contractors full time unless a permanent employee leaves. However, you will get good experience.

Great manager!

Gio was one of the best managers I've ever worked for - goes over and beyond in supporting his staff. Friendly and approachable - makes his staff want to do that much more in appreciation of him.

Pros

Excellent manager

Cons

no room in the budget to hire me full time

Global corporation with a sense of security.

I was only three 4 years but I learned many things and had an eye opening experience on products, procedures, and implementation of their raw materials. I find it amazing with what we can do now days with technology and engineering. I made many friends and had a great time while employed there. I got involved with he ERT and safety department. I went to fire school and got involved with the volunteer fire department. This was a fun place to work. Good compensation and benefits.

Pros

Compensation and benefits.

Cons

uncomfortable feeling when you are worried of the longevity of your employment.

Nice Place to Work

Nice place to work. Good people, nice conditions, good pay. More training would be nice. Lots going on all the time, always something to do. Got to meet some of the smartest I've ever had the pleasure to work with.

Great place to work. Awesome benefits. Great hours. Management is helpful and listens. Coworkers are awesome people to work with. A+++ company! Highly recommmended.

Awesome place

The company is really big on safety which is very important, very conducive place to work and interact with co-workers

Pros

High safety

Cons

N/a

excellent work place enviroment

plenty of safety excellent pay wonderful vacation time workers comp and benefits plus many perks. it is hands down one amazing company to work for if you can get in

Decent Place to work with good pay

I learned a lot at DSM, great place to work in the nutritional field, I worked closely with people whom I liked very much, although ive had a bad experience with the management within the company, the hardest part of this job was to keep u[p with the ever changing schedule and still have family time. The most important part of the job is consistency, you have to take yourself out of the equation incase something went wrong with the fermentation, you had to know that it was not something that you had changed from the previous time.

Pros

pay, distance from hom

Cons

benefits, hours, schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DSM