DSM

Freeport, TX9 reviews

Insights into DSM

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Vision

Good place to work, plenty of opportunities based on the location you are at. Good place to grow and learn if you apply yourself. They are constantly setting the bar higher as it relates to safety and culture

Pros

Movement

Cons

Decent salary, TERRIBLE management and HR.

Very high turn around, management only points fingers, never takes accountability. Racist culture exists, and HR covers it up. Very low company morale, management and supervisors make it even harder to be a good employee, as they gossip and hardly ever lend a solution to problems. No HR on site. Employee benefits are decent.

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay.

Cons

Poor management, training, and HR is almost non existent.

DSM is an odd company

Working at DSM was strange. The "leadership" was very inexperienced and placed the blame on the employees, not their lack of experience. It was an odd environment to work.

Pros

Pay was decent

Cons

very unsure of goals and guidance

very flexibale with lots of opportunity to gro and expand skill set

very flexibale with lots of opportunity to gro and expand skill set, we worked in cross functional teams which allowed us to see the work from everyone's perspective

Great people to work with.

The people are great to work with. Family environment. The Freeport site is used as a training ground for DSM management. The turnover rate is 2-3 years per manager. There are 7 managers at any given time. They are there to prove themselves to corporate leadership and many times the ego gets in the way for the good of the plant.

Worked for company for six years

Great opportunity to learn. And one of the safest places I have worked at. Great people that will help you with the shirt off their own back. And will change the way you think and act. They will consciously have you thinking about safety in everything that you do. Has opened my eyes to a new world. To me the hardest part about the job is the Texas weather. Its very hot. But they take care of you with goodies and cold treats. The most enjoyable part of my job is the pay my co-workers, the incentives, the NBA and NFL tickets. Christmas party's and picnics. They are all about family, but there is work to be done in order to make money and keep the business and are family life going. So sometimes your job may need you as this is a 24/7 facility. The training is excellent. You can learn a lot about the industry from this place.

Pros

Houston Rockets tickects, Texans tickects, give aways, Bonuses.

Cons

The heat.

Good Company, good people

I worked at DSM Freeport facility. This is an excellent company to work for and provide growth opportunities if your willing to be mobile. Also provide good training to perform your job. Good safety culture.

wage and benefit manipulation depleted job

Job is a decent job, constant adding of duties with less pay. Company adjusts schedules to create work coverages for no overtime. Have to work 16 overtime at straight pay before you are eligible actually paid overtime. On call is not beneficial or lucretive benefit.

Pros

nice people

Cons

constant squeezing of wages and benefits

n/a

No advancement opportunities and time off was not valued by employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement