DSM

Greenville, NC14 reviews

Insights into DSM

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Good people to work with

The job itself is not to bad but some of the rules and regulations are silly. It seems like people not in production are just sitting around thinking of ways to make production personnel miserable. For example, we do a lot of sitting during our 12 hour shift and had comfortable chairs at one time and management decided that the chairs were to comfortable so they were replaced with very hard uncomfortable chairs were when I get off work, I have sore back muscles, but the office chairs they sit in are plush and comfy.

Pros

Pay Benefits

Cons

says safety first, but its not

Excellent Company to Work For

I worked for DSM for almost 19 years. I found them to be a great company to work for, and my colleagues were more like family than co-workers. I lost my job as a result of company restructuring. I spent many happy years with DSM and would encourage anyone to consider a career with them even though my story did not end as I would have hoped. I suspect there are a lot of companies that are evaluating head count due to COVID and other considerations, but on balance, I cannot give them an unfavorable review based on a business decision that they regretfully had to make. If given the opportunity, I would consider going back to work for them.

Pros

Excellent compensation and benefits, strong employee focus, strong corporate stewardship

Cons

The nature of my job was sometimes stressful, but my colleagues were always there to help during difficult times

Not enjoyable

I didnt enjoy working there. The management play favorites with certain employees. They have unrealistic goals and standards for employees, that are enforced with some but not others.

Horrible management

Extreme cases of favoritism, supervisors targeting specific individuals for reasons not work related. Senior workers purposely trying to get contracted workers seeking permanent employment fired. I loved my actual job, I was a fiber technician, its everything else surrounding the job that made me miserable.

Was a great place to work, not so much anymore!

Several years ago was a great place to work but not any more. No trust in management, no support, issues never resolved, constant issues with pay and not compensated accurately, and no accountability for performance. Very stressful company overall to work for.

Pros

Some coworkers great to work with.

Good company, reasonable workload

once this was a great place to work, it's still good but no longer great. Going from temp to perm can take up to 2 years and even after you receive your offer it may take months to actually "get hired".

Pros

bonus potential, very reasonable work load good insurance

Cons

can never reach HR, and they never return calls, Company really drags about the hiring process, with the goal of not hiring you in time for the bonus, causing you to wait as long as twenty months for a raise.

Use of my skills was appreicated

Work with talented co-workers. A very people oriented environment. A typical work day was never the same. Most enjoyable of the job was support of management and my team.

Pros

Training was stressed and managmented very well

Cons

Short of staff

great place

very fun place to work meet new people as well and the hardest part of the day is leaving i love my managers and co workers. I Learned how to welcome people and show them that they matter to us and encourage them to do their best.

Pros

short lunches

Cons

short breaks

production

the employee performs the job task in a timely manner and the task gets done with out excuesses

good work place with many job oppurtunitys

enjoyed my time there. My job title was an inspector. There we inspected meds for defects. Making sure customers only gets the best products.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DSM?

A company with a team based evironment

My main task was reformatting manufacturing and filling work orders using Microsoft Word. I also attended several project meetings and helped the project management team with miscellanous tasks. The people I worked with were friendly and very helpful in teaching me about how things work in idustry.

Avoid DSM at all costs

I wish there were negative numbers available in the ratings for culture/vales and management. Senior management supports mid-level management in poor decision making and discriminatory behaviors. They do not know how to "do the right thing." It appears to be too much trouble. Many "managers" are not properly trained to direct people. Most of all, no teamwork concepts actually lived out in reality.

Pros

there are some committed and honest employees

Cons

dsm will use you and then throw you out like garbage when they're through with you.

Don't get trapped!

Once you get in you can easily get in a rut. If you are in production, oftentimes management will not let you leave their areas because you are "too valuable" yet they don't want to pay you like you are valuable. There shouldn't be this much turnover in a department (O&T) that pays fairly well. Pettiness run rampant in management. Complain about anything and you have a bullseye on your back and you can forget about trying to move to another department...trapped.

Pros

you get a paycheck

Cons

dsm=don't spend money...need i say more?

Have fun make money and learn a lot.

A good company to work for if you deal with the hours. You can make a ton of money and enjoy yourself while making it.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

long hours, rotating shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DSM
  • Greenville, NC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?