DSM

DSM Employee Reviews in Ontario, CA

Ontario, CA4 reviews

Good place for work

Good company whit oportunities to learn about diferents chemicals and prosses and combination of chemicals I was learning a lot in this company I recomend to anny person this place.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Comunication

Glad i left this job

It's a dead end job that gives you a 20 cent increase every year with things you can improve on no matter how good you are. Expectations will increase alot but not the money. You can't grow in the company unless you work in the company for 5 years then they'll consider promoting you to a senior operator that makes $21 an hour. Right now they are offering $19 starting pay because they are desperate. You can go work there but you won't wanna stay.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

No growth

cool people ok management

the people there good for the most part management need a lot of work their is some good this like company party's. but there is no job security if i can give -stars i will, management talks down to employees and only promont people who kiss up to them. as we became more part of dsm management has no idea how to handle things, and if you want to talk to a hr person you have to call a 1800 number but the 1800 number only handles payroll the 1800 number gives you a email adders to contact.they was always on you to produce even if there was little to no jobs to do.

Pros

good 401k ok Benefits

Cons

no Job Security/Advancement

Good people around you, NOT management.

Worked there (Fortitech) several years before it got acquired by DSM in 2014 and until that point it was running smooth. Once DSM steped in and gave the plant manager power, then all productivity levels came to a fall. Manager hand picked her best friend to be her right hand (assistant manager) in accordance with HR person. Bad decisions lead to good workers leaving and getting fired left and right and no longer looked forward going to work. Constantly firing and hiring new people all the time because that is how management the ONT facility make it work. If DSM were to appoint a new manager today, I will honestly go back because there is a lot of good people working there.

Pros

Full time job, good 401k and good people around you.

Cons

Management controls this facility their own way, not the DSM way.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DSM?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DSM
  • Ontario, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?