DSM

DSM Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Laboratory Technician6 reviews

Good Workplace

It is a good place to work and has an amazing culture. Most new people they hire are contractors. They do not hire the contractors full time unless a permanent employee leaves. However, you will get good experience.

Dangerous place to work

During my time working at the DSM site in Augusta, GA I always felt unsafe working there. The chemicals are very dangerous and so many people that have worked there have developed cancer. Although safety was a outstanding, the chemical exposure was awful.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Chemical Exposure

Laboratory Technician

This was my first job out of college. I loved the environment and the people I worked with. Global company that tries to do the right thing. As a contracted employee I was let go because I tore the meniscus in my left knee. As far as I know they really liked me. Was very surprised that they cut bait with me like that and sort of tarnished the experience a bit.

Pros

Culture, family oriented, relaxed, but very organized

Cons

poor contracts

Decent

The management is decent along with the job security. HR and IT is terrible following a downsizing. Pay is more or less competitive but ability to advance is very low. You can horizontally advance by relocating to another division.

Place or opportunity

I loved working at DSM. They offered advancements all the time. I was able to move around to a few different jobs there. I would take to opportunity to work there again if I could.

The old timers are so set in their mind sets that it is disrespectful for women in the work force.

I disliked working for this company more than any other one I have worked for. The management believe your life belongs to them and they do no like women in the work force, at least my supervisor didn't. They are not family oriented at all and will make you work 70 hours a week with only 1 day off a week. that's working 12 hour days and swing shift. I learned that I do not do well with little sleep and to much stress. they would always threaten your job daily. half of my shift was on prozac. the most enjoyable part of my job was a few of my coworkers and learning new things.

Pros

no pros

Cons

sometimes no breaks and taking on the work of several coworkers at a time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement
  • DSM
  • Laboratory Technician
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?