DSM

Operator5 reviews

Insights into DSM

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Productive, laid back atmosphere with good work and pay but poor management.

My experience with DSM was almost entirely positive. The pay was good, the environment was laid back and positive, the culture was great. The only drawback was the management. Most of the management at DSM Food Specialties seemed to have no idea what they were doing, and there was at least one manager for every two to three employees on the floor, which left way too many voices trying to overpower one another. If it weren't for the management, this would have been my dream job, and while I do recommend giving this place a shot, I encourage future employees and customers of DSM Food Specialties to be wary of the leadership team.

Pros

Fantastic culture, wonderful facility, good compensation.

Cons

Too many chieftans to too few warriors.

No leadership and accountability

Worst company I have worked for. Management did not have leadership or the character needed for this location to function effectively. Safty concerns that were brought up were ignored if it conflicted with the company's safety narrative that they had already decided. This company is missing some imperative things needed for success like leadership and getting out of the way of people who can do the job instead of making excuses and covering for the dangerously incompetent managers that don't have the skillset for their positions.

Pros

I am no longer employed with DSM

Cons

Management /lack of upward advancement/PPE policy over safety

Glad i left this job

It's a dead end job that gives you a 20 cent increase every year with things you can improve on no matter how good you are. Expectations will increase alot but not the money. You can't grow in the company unless you work in the company for 5 years then they'll consider promoting you to a senior operator that makes $21 an hour. Right now they are offering $19 starting pay because they are desperate. You can go work there but you won't wanna stay.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

No growth

Not fun to work here

Pendergrass location is the worse place to work at DSM. Management can't plan anything ahead. They plan as they goes. Alway working on the weekend. Shift lead alway fired anyone he felt threatened his job or talk back at him.

Pros

1 hr lunch

Cons

Dirty, dusty, no break except lunch

No no no!!!!!!!!

Plain and simple if you are not part of Management you will have no voice with this company. If you are not a butt kisser you are a bad person. if you get a job with this company they want you to keep your mouth close work work and work. Do what you are told and don't question anything that management do or say and you will fit right in. There is a lot of hidden Racism,and to much nepotism at this plant seriously if at all cost avoid this place if you can.

Pros

Great pay, Great benefits, Enjoyed my shift.

Cons

Poor poor management on the plant and corporate level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement
  • DSM
  • Operator
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?