DSM

Procurement2 reviews

Insights into DSM

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Good company, poor management

After almost 13 years with the company my role was made redundant as part of a restructuring, because the business wasn't doing as well as they wanted. In truth, the company was performing well in a competitive market, certainly better than the majority of their competitors. I enjoyed my time there, as most people were knowledgeable, passionate and friendly. Unfortunately, the reason the company wasn't performing to their expectations was purely down to their management team - more interested in a culture of agreeing with each other, rather than challenging the status quo to improve things.

Pros

Good salary, Good People

Cons

Management ineptitude

DSM is a overall a good place to work

Benefits such as health insurance and 401k are good. Pay is competitive. People are relatively nice. Little room for advancement, if you are not a favorite. Some locations have a high turn over due to lack of good management and people are constantly changing. Company is strict on employee safety and well being. Good work-life balance in my department - I can't speak for others.

Pros

competitive pay, good 401k match

Cons

little room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DSM