DSM

Production Operator8 reviews

Insights into DSM

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Fun place to work very relaxing

This is a great place to work. It's in order the management do a great job at keep the plant in order and ran professionally. They are big on safety and care about there workers. Great pay and benefits.

Awesome Production Supervisor on 3rd shift

I am a fairly new production operator on the 3rd shift. I was welcomed on board in such a manner that I was super comfortable and felt valued. My supervisor and his assistant are amazing. As a woman in what would be traditionally a masculine type job, I am encouraged to learn and work in any space and perform all tasks. My Supervisor is extremely smart, funny and compassionate. All my coworkers are so friendly and accommodating.

Pros

Really great pay and benefits. Awesome staff and Supervisor.

Cons

Very short 10 minute break and a 30 minute meal break. That’s it.

Bad

This place is bad. All the production manager cares about is certain people and getting work out as fast as possible no matter the outcome. Alot of favoritism!!! She sits on a table chews gum loud and texts on cellphone during meeting. Very professional right??!!

It’s ok

It’s a great place to work but the only thing I hate it’s a lot of dirty things goes on out there. People look out for the people the cool white and let them get buy with anything.

Very Professional Work Environment

DSM Food Specialties is a very corporate environment. Management is strict and vigilant. They do not mess around at this facility. Quality control does and excellent job. Everyone working at this site must be competent or will not last long.

Pros

excellent benefits

Cons

strict management

Toxic and cut throat

Has good benefits and competitive pay, but extremely lacking in management knowing what to do how to do it and also the way people are spoken to. Problems never get solved only covered up. Must go 1 to 2 levels higher to get any results for a problem.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Poor management, no advancement, and poor culture.

Great place to work. Awesome benefits. Great hours. Management is helpful and listens. Coworkers are awesome people to work with. A+++ company! Highly recommmended.

Diversity at any cost

Culture is awful. There is a great disconnect between the top and the bottom. Promotions are based more on diversity than merit. No diversity in production. We have college graduates working in the plant for supervisors who barely passed high school. If you ain't Dutch you ain't much.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement