DSM

DSM Employee Reviews for Production Worker

Production Worker10 reviews

Good place for work

Good company whit oportunities to learn about diferents chemicals and prosses and combination of chemicals I was learning a lot in this company I recomend to anny person this place.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Comunication

Terrible

They kinda sell you on the job when you’re in orientation on how great the atmosphere is but once you start working you realize it was a big lie. You even have to document when you use the restroom the senior operators don’t follow GMP rules and at the end of the day it is definitely not worth the hard work and labor you put in.

Pros

Non

Cons

Co-workers/Lunch Breaks/Pay

worst place ever

worked 6 yrs there. over worked, harassed all the time. they make up b.s rules and levels of offenses as they go. mandatory 6 days a week in the summer 2 ppl off for vacation time at a time, every shift is for themselves. u work 8 1/2 hrs because they dont pay for lunch, you get 1 10 minute break. there california plant gets 2 15 min breaks and a paid lunch break. if you love over time and being harassed telling you to work faster and need to produce more go ahead. alot of products there cause cancer. if you call out twice you get deducted on your quaterly bonus wtf does that. says you cant use your sick time. i got fired for b.s thats not even a rule at the company . worst horrible place ever dont work here youl never move up you get less then 50 cents for a raise every yr at this place the most i ever got in 6 yrs was 39 cents for a raise. you can bust your nutz here and you wont move up or ever get promoted.

Pros

Cons

everything

Production operater

This place is toxic. Management communicated poorly.They always have broken equipment. They spend time in and money in other places instead of things that really need attention.They will use you by any means necessary to get the work done. "Getting the work done"is all they care about.They don't care who do it or if the have break procedures to do it. Your issues will go no where with management or HR. It's was they worst place I've worked and my life.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Environment

Productive and laid back place to work

I really do love this job its just I hate the occasional chemical burns. They take a while to heal and and must be treated properly or it would take even longer.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Hot warehouse and chemical burns

cool people ok management

the people there good for the most part management need a lot of work their is some good this like company party's. but there is no job security if i can give -stars i will, management talks down to employees and only promont people who kiss up to them. as we became more part of dsm management has no idea how to handle things, and if you want to talk to a hr person you have to call a 1800 number but the 1800 number only handles payroll the 1800 number gives you a email adders to contact.they was always on you to produce even if there was little to no jobs to do.

Pros

good 401k ok Benefits

Cons

no Job Security/Advancement

Good people around you, NOT management.

Worked there (Fortitech) several years before it got acquired by DSM in 2014 and until that point it was running smooth. Once DSM steped in and gave the plant manager power, then all productivity levels came to a fall. Manager hand picked her best friend to be her right hand (assistant manager) in accordance with HR person. Bad decisions lead to good workers leaving and getting fired left and right and no longer looked forward going to work. Constantly firing and hiring new people all the time because that is how management the ONT facility make it work. If DSM were to appoint a new manager today, I will honestly go back because there is a lot of good people working there.

Pros

Full time job, good 401k and good people around you.

Cons

Management controls this facility their own way, not the DSM way.

Unorganized management, doesn't fix equipment, no maintenance, no materials to work on a daily basis.

Get assigned a room and partner Produce materials Loading and unloading of blender Use of Scales Hard part of job is impact on your body Stress level is high I enjoy the bonus benefits

loved the work and enviroment

I like the work but unfortunately they are moving the company to Wisconsin.

Pros

the work is light work

Cons

they are moving the company

Temporary employment that turned in to more of a permanent position

I was employed to DSM Nutritional Products by a temp job agency. I ended up working here for two years though. I was more then a temp. I was trained to do much more than what I was doing originally. Although the pay was okay at the time, the work was hard. It was hard on my body and health because of the hazardous chemicals I had to work with on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement