DSM

DSM Employee Reviews for Scientist

Scientist3 reviews

Fun place to work but little career advancement opportunities in lab

People are very inclusive and helpful. Lots to do and freedom to work flexible hours. HR is remote and difficult to get clear answers from. Little advancement in the lab. Excellent healthcare options.

Realxed atmosphere with flex hours

Relaxed atmosphere, managers are not micromanagers and are very approachable. Hours are flex and I set my own schedule. As a scientist they was quite a bit of time spent in meetings and administrative work.

Pros

free coffee, training offered

Cons

high up managers are located in Europe.

Difficult work environment.

I was in a group where there was a lot of favoritism, and if you weren’t part of the group you were pushed into the background. All good opportunities were given to the favorites and their friends. Timelines were stringent, but often there was little feedback or managerial assistance. Speaking up creates more problems than it solves. Management and the company want employee engagement to be positive, but doing the actual work to make it real and change the culture didn’t happen when I was there. Management mistakes are put on the shoulders of employees. The work was very interesting, and the company is committed to making the world a better place through green initiatives, sustainability, and helping to feed the poor. There was a strong commitment to programs for health and wellness.

Pros

Great 401K, on site yoga, and health and wellness perks like free DHA supplements.

Cons

Poor management with no real interest in improving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DSM