DSM

DSM Employee Reviews for Technician

Technician5 reviews

Good people to work with

The job itself is not to bad but some of the rules and regulations are silly. It seems like people not in production are just sitting around thinking of ways to make production personnel miserable. For example, we do a lot of sitting during our 12 hour shift and had comfortable chairs at one time and management decided that the chairs were to comfortable so they were replaced with very hard uncomfortable chairs were when I get off work, I have sore back muscles, but the office chairs they sit in are plush and comfy.

Pros

Pay Benefits

Cons

says safety first, but its not

DSM is okay for short term work.

DSM has a high turn over rate.the pay is okay and the work is usually easy.mandatory overtime. Everyone had attendance problems.At the location I worked at, they really lacked diversity.There was little attention to my training. I ended up being entirely trained on one thing and that was where I was stuck. My training had not been reviewed and my training book was untouched when review time came around.Every worker does things their own way due to the lack of training and structure. This causes constant issues that are not addressed in an effective manner.I was not given clear information on progression and everyone I talked to made a different payrate and had a different story on what they were told in the interview process in regards to raises and progression. I was making more than someone that worked there 2 years, and he told me he got a .20 cent raise during his last review.

Pros

nice people

Cons

managment

Not a good place to work for.

Work was easy but overworked sometimes. Very poor management. Lack of knowledge in management and coworkers. Speed counts here, favoritism at its best here. Does not matter how long you work here you will never get anywhere in this company. The only plus point here are the benefits.

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

misconception of opportunities.

Not enjoyable

I didnt enjoy working there. The management play favorites with certain employees. They have unrealistic goals and standards for employees, that are enforced with some but not others.

Have fun make money and learn a lot.

A good company to work for if you deal with the hours. You can make a ton of money and enjoy yourself while making it.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

long hours, rotating shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement