DSM

3.8Pay & benefits

Insights into DSM

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Fun place to work but little career advancement opportunities in lab

People are very inclusive and helpful. Lots to do and freedom to work flexible hours. HR is remote and difficult to get clear answers from. Little advancement in the lab. Excellent healthcare options.

Geen respect, waardeloos management

People planet en profit is enkel in het belang van de aandeelhouders. Ze geven serieus niets om hun medewerkers. Afstrafcultuur. Er wordt geen rekening gehouden met een gewijzigde thuissituatie. Een ongelofelijk prestatie- en werkdruk waarbij veel van je verwacht wordt tegen een karig loontje. Amper doorgroeimogelijkheden. Het management toont geen empathie aan haar medewerkers en ze denken alleen maar aan zich zelf om hun hachje hoog te houden. Pas op voordat je hier komt te werken, je moet nogal slaafs zijn!

Cons

Werkdruk is hoog, management toont geen empathie, geen doorgroeimogelijkheden, karig loon

Great Place to Call Home and a New Family

DSM cares about who you are and how to grow your career professional. The ownership is on the individual to thrive in this environment, it is challenging and the effort is high but the rewards are worth this higher level of effort.

Pros

Career growth and Comps and Benefits

Cons

Lean Company

Empresa de ótima atuação, sempre focada na segurança dos colaboradores. Aprendi muito mesmo com grandes astros que iluminaram meus conhecimentos.

Trabalhar na dsm, seguinifica ser o melhor no mercado.

Pros

Refeição das melhores, com muito bom preparo, livres de contaminação. E sem contar o sabor que é nota 1.000

Company takes it's employees for granted

This company has gone downhill over the past 2 years. They laid off a bunch of people they deemed unnecessary and called it "fit for growth" which in turn just put more work on almost every employee whos department was effected. Upper management has a real disconnect to the lower level employees day to day job and most hard work goes unrecognized. They also have to apply a "bell curve" when ranking employees on their yearly review so even if they are a good employee they need to meet a quota to put people on both the high end and low end and may get stuck with an undeserved low rating. It's very hard to get a decent raise or promotion over time if you are not an upper management pet.

Pros

Benefits, work life balance

Cons

Upper management will put more and more on your plate over time and not compensate you for it.

Vision

Good place to work, plenty of opportunities based on the location you are at. Good place to grow and learn if you apply yourself. They are constantly setting the bar higher as it relates to safety and culture

Pros

Movement

Cons

Good people to work with

The job itself is not to bad but some of the rules and regulations are silly. It seems like people not in production are just sitting around thinking of ways to make production personnel miserable. For example, we do a lot of sitting during our 12 hour shift and had comfortable chairs at one time and management decided that the chairs were to comfortable so they were replaced with very hard uncomfortable chairs were when I get off work, I have sore back muscles, but the office chairs they sit in are plush and comfy.

Pros

Pay Benefits

Cons

says safety first, but its not

Good place for work

Good company whit oportunities to learn about diferents chemicals and prosses and combination of chemicals I was learning a lot in this company I recomend to anny person this place.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Comunication

Good company

The company has a Good pay, benefits, flexibility. There isn't an opportunity to grow. Management can be better, good company overall, and good co-workers.

enterprise avec beaucoup de politique

beaucoup de changements par le management. Blame games tout le temps

Pros

bon salaire

Cons

developpement professionel

Excellent Company to Work For

I worked for DSM for almost 19 years. I found them to be a great company to work for, and my colleagues were more like family than co-workers. I lost my job as a result of company restructuring. I spent many happy years with DSM and would encourage anyone to consider a career with them even though my story did not end as I would have hoped. I suspect there are a lot of companies that are evaluating head count due to COVID and other considerations, but on balance, I cannot give them an unfavorable review based on a business decision that they regretfully had to make. If given the opportunity, I would consider going back to work for them.

Pros

Excellent compensation and benefits, strong employee focus, strong corporate stewardship

Cons

The nature of my job was sometimes stressful, but my colleagues were always there to help during difficult times

Work Hard

Every day goals to be met. All attainable goals and needed to ensure facilities were ready on a daily basis with little to no interruption to production and the work force

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Work and Life balance

Cons

Job security

Prepared for burnout

A lot of pressure on continuous performance without fair compensation and growth opportunities. High (people) turnaround with no continuity, no place for people development, no secondary benefits...

Pros

working hours

Cons

management, development, benefits

Good pay but not a place to thrive

I've been working there for 4 years. Most of this time I was overloaded with work and I almost had a burnout. Company culture is quite discriminatory toward some.departments like Customer service. They say Customer first but they don't care at all about the development of the people who are direct contact with he customers. It is very hard to change job if you don't know peopke. have

Pros

Good bonuses

Cons

Lack of good leadership, No options for career growth, Vacancies in the intranet are most of the time taken even before the the vacancy is posted, by people with contacts.

Glad i left this job

It's a dead end job that gives you a 20 cent increase every year with things you can improve on no matter how good you are. Expectations will increase alot but not the money. You can't grow in the company unless you work in the company for 5 years then they'll consider promoting you to a senior operator that makes $21 an hour. Right now they are offering $19 starting pay because they are desperate. You can go work there but you won't wanna stay.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

No growth

Buena cultura laboral, salario regular y sin utilidades

Buena cultura laboral, moderna, proporciona los recursos necesarios, exige agilidad durante la jornada y buena condicion fisica. Oportunidad de aprender sobre mecánica y trato con proveedores externos. Contrato solo por agencia, sin utilidades.

Pros

oportunidad de aprender, buena cultura, transporte de personal muy bueno

Cons

salario y prestaciones regulares y sin utilidades

veilige werkomgeving

Heel fijn bedrijf. Ik had er graag nog gewerkt. de Internationale sfeer en samenwerking met veel nationaliteiten en respect hiervoor vond ik zeer positief.

Pros

secundaire arbeidsvoorwaarden

Cons

stressvol soms

Supportive Colleagues

Supportive colleagues and manager - love working with the young people. Year Up has a great mission however staff and teams perceive the mission very differently.

Cons

Little flexibility, low pay, little to no remote options

Fun working environment

Great to place to work and very collaborative colleagues. Many exciting projects and always given the opportunity to partake in any project of your competence.

Productive and Fun Work Place

Great culture at the workplace, looked forward to going to work everyday. The team leads made sure that the crew was doing good. Very good interpersonal skills.

Uma empresa excelente

Trabalha com segurança, otima avaliaçao comprometida com seus funcionários otimos benefícios

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement