Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews

Productive and efficient workplace

Productive and efficient workplace to be in. Everyone enjoys working a shift at the Tipton Sports centre. Very friendly environment, good team spirit, patients prefer coming back to have their vaccine and telling their family and friends to attend too.

Pros

Good team spirit

Lovely place to walk

I worked for the NHS for 26yrs I worked 21years in the emergency department in which I really enjoyed I loved the staff ive worked with over the years doctors paramedics physio domestic porters we are like a family unit we were always there for anyone who needed support I got on well with management matron was always supportive and if you had personal problems there was always someone who would help you rhh is a lovely place to work

Pros

Doing 12hrs a day shifts ment more time off

Cons

Or you can pick up bank shifts and get payed weekly

Insights into Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great disappointment

This is a trust, where as a temporary employee I was treated like a number, without due respect given to my personal information and individuality. You get disregarded like you don't matter for some reason. And when you raise the matter, you get victimised, to feel irrelevant and being simply ignored. No response received to a formal complaint submitted. No other choice left, but to leave as was treated so badly, unprofessionally. And no job security at the end either, so stuff your temporary job!

Pros

Temporary salary

Cons

Dealing with bureaucracy from HR, Recruitment

Excellent place to work

I Enjoy working within the Dudley group. I have made some excellent colleagues and friends and find the camaraderie to be like nothing I have ever experienced before.

No support

As a clinical support worker I loved my job. But I found the hours long as only had 12 hour days, to get a decent wage you needed to work weekends nights and holidays,constantly under staffed and pushed to the limit often not having required breaks. Having to take some time off for health reasons I received minimal support and no compassion. Felt forced to resign.

Undervalued

Undervalued, underpaid, over worked! Worked within the trust for 10 years and has slowly declined. No longer a health trust but now a business that clearly does not care!

Workplace Culture

This is a very autocratic organisation, it also has a total disregard to the culture within its workforce, there is a lack of support in addressing issues within teams and an obvious blame culture. This hasn’t changed for many years and is archaic in its bureaucracy

Maternity colleagues are a good bunch!

I was lucky to get this job which I'll feel sad to leave. My colleagues are hard working, earthy and an all round good bunch. Management facilitated my involvement in our tongue-tie procedure clinic which was of real interest to me. I attended an NHS Infant feeding course with acclaimed and inspiring speakers and I was also enabled to go to the UNICEF conference last year. This job inspired me to privately home study to inform my Infant Feeding role furthermore. I wish my contract could've been extended, my role enhanced educationally and rewarded therein. It was my intention to eventually take a Lactation Consultant course.

Pros

Uplifting. It's life-affirming supporting Moms to feed their newborns.

Cons

Shifts including my public transport commute are almost 14.5 hours long.

Very good

A very good place to work but a salaries are poor. Lots of wise and open minded people are working there great team work einvormental no pressure from mangament

Pros

Cons

a poor salaries

Excellent Culture

An excellent place to work. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful even though it was an extremely busy time implementing the EPR system. The timescales for implementing the project were extremely challenging however the staff were all committed to ensure that it was implemented on time and to budget.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Tight project timescales

Bullied and micro-managed. Do not work there.

This is a very sad place to work. It is such a shame that the very hardworking staff are bullied into submission by the completely inept management. There is something very wrong with an organisation where staff are constantly bombarded with encouragement to whistle blow and yet anyone who does then disappears without explanation. The ability to speak of concerns should be implicit and should not require advertising. Be warned, witch hunting and scapegoating is a daily pastime for management and applies to staff at all levels.

Pros

Comararderie despite culture of bullying

Cons

Disgraceful mis-management

Heads down

Very stressful place to work. Understaffed with lots of overtime to fill the gaps. No job security at the moment. Good people being taken for granted.

Fast paced demanding work environment

Enjoyed working with lovely work colleagues in what were sometimes very difficult circumstances that created regular daily challenges. The hardest part of the job was never having enough time due to constant work role demand to solve everyones problems despite trying.

Worked with a good team and enjoyed assisting the patients. Learnt a lot from working with the various colleagues I worked with and had an overall good three years despite the challenges.

Pros

Working hours, work/life balance

Cons

high pressured job

Productive workplace

Innovative work place with a open and honest culture. Staff are extremely pleasent and hard working. Hospital is in a great location. Good rail and bus links.

Dudley Goup of Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Excellent company to work for with an excellent reputation. Committed to compliance and excellence. I have line managed staff whilst being at the Dudley Group and I have an clear understanding of the sickness absence and the appraisal process to develop and encourage staff.

Lovely little job

Working between hospitals and Drs surgeries, transporting Drs specimens and medical notes. Great job if you liked driving. The hardest part the job was keeping to schedule if the traffic was bad. The best part of the job was meeting different people .

Pros

Variety of work

Cons

Traffic delays

Worst olace to work

Staff bullying is unbelievable. Stafg turn around is high always jobs going..no staff morale. Management are the worst i have seen. No flexibility even though they claim flexible working lives.

Pros

Cons

A place full.of bullies

exciting,busy,well managed

Enjoyed working in the resuscitation,triage room the most.The staff is dedicated and work very hard to achieve the atmost high standard of nursing care.Staff work together as a team.Nights shifts and beginning of the week are the hardest shifts .The staff's values care,respect and responsibility are the key points to deliver patients care.The staff especially in the emergency department is regularly praised for its welcoming and caring nature.

Pros

working closer to work, good working atmospere, team work amongs colleages.

Cons

long hours.rotational shifts.

good place to work

a good place to work some wards better than others. not enough staff on as with most nursing jobs in hospitals. Wages are good and the fact that even bank work lets you pay into the nhs pension scheme

Pros

wages

Cons

patients per nurse

Professional at all times

All members of the multi disciplinary are courteous, caring and hard working. A good working experience, although changed dramatically over the past twelve months.

Pros

Good team members

Cons

Waiting time dalays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement