Dutton International

Dutton International Employee Reviews

I worked for Dutton in Huddersfield as an agency worker for approximately 3 months whilst waiting on a permanent job, I have to say my experience as I had never done agency work before, was very good. Once I had done a few shifts and receiving good feedback, I would get regular text messages on shifts available and could pick when I wanted to work. I would highly recommend and would gladly work for them again if needed.
Pros
Worked when I wanted.
Cons
None.
They will offer you any anount of money to travel and they will ask you to cover one shift straight after another such as a 12 hour day shift then ask you to cover a night shift aswell on the same day. Could not speak to managers when ringing the office and did not get support or a reference when I wanted to move on
Recommend to anyone who want to work for reputable agency, loads of work. Good pay rate. The management is very good as they look after their staff and clients
Sheffield branch recently rang me for work in port Talbot steel works Dutton were not paying the rate, It is a blue book site and the rates are set by an agreement, when I asked about this I was hung up on ?
Pros
Being lied too about a place I've worked for 23 years
Cons
Being hung up on coz I'm right 😂
Constantly messing you're wages up tell you one rate pay you another never repaid fully promised jobs close to home an only got jobs 40mile pluss away not an agency I will work for again
Poorly run shifts getting canceled and office staff not passing it on, lied to about rates of pay. Being paid poorly. Lied to about holiday pay. Avoid the company if you dont want to be lied to and under cut on your wages
Pros
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
I working now for Duttons about 6-7 months i love working here as i can be flexible, no pressure, very lovely and friendly Agency staff, lots different shift i can choose for my availability, good pay,never late,pay weekly and always on time,never have problems with payments which its good bonus. Really recommended this agency!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Non
Absolutely rubbish agency applied for job in September for job supposed to start in October labour work nobody ring me I called them in midle of October they sad start next week again did not called me now is end of November and that promised job still not started!!!!! Liers try to avoid them and salary posted on indeed and Jobsite every week is different !!! Not relaiable at all !!! Useless !!!
Cons
They cut your wage sometimes even more than £1 per hour. After I call them they lying and didn't recognize the deal about hour rate.
Treated with disrespect. manager never in the office, poorly run business. Employees constantly using business phone for personal calls. place needs closing down.
Pros
Cons
badly run, treated with disrespect
This was a great company to work for and I wish the contract had been longer so I could have stayed there. If work came up I would go back there.
Payroll duties with colleagues who became good friends, friendly atmosphere and sound company values. Duties included processing payroll to deadlines which could be stressful at times, with paying temporary workers and resolving their personal queries was always a pleasure.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Working to deadlines
Best team of employers I've worked for. Excellent communication and information, Placed me in some good companies
Pros
Know exactly what's happening pay good and punctual
Cons
work slowed down
Worked a 12 hour shift away from home and although I was told lodge would be paid, it was withdrawn as I didn't work the weekend! Totally against employment law and trying to find out who to report them to!
Pros
Dutton is a good company as for what agencies are like , only down side is lack of work available . Ive had my issues with wrong hours payed but they rectified the faults eventually . Over all they are better than some other agencies.
Pros
They find local work and also get in touch when clients asks for me
Cons
Not enough hours allocated so weekly wage is low
Avoid this place if your looking for work. I was on their books for 18month worked once for them and didn't get paid. Never known such a lack of professionally in my life..
Pros
Cons
See above
working for an agency , which u wasnt always guarenteed the hours
Pros
travelling
Cons
I work 24 hours shifts which includes a sleep in. The main role of my job is to ensure the children are looked after and to encouragegood behaviour and basically be a role model. I love working as part of a team.
Pros
the hours suit work my work/family balance.
Cons
no job stability as an agency.
As working for an agency you feel very insecure about the future as you can get paid off from day to day, so thats always an issue that plays on your mind (not a nice thing). But I was there for over a year and have some good frinds and colleges and I think that is a major reason for me going to work.
Pros
flexible gaffa and yard foreman.
Work experienceall it was was school work experienceGood Day at worki learned phone skillsmanagment looked after methe co workers looked after mehardest part of my job was that it wasnt much to dogetting the experience in a workplace
Pros
work experience
Cons
work experience