Duval Security

Duval Security Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Security Officer29 reviews
United Kingdom29 reviews

ops manager were first rate but the MD an arrogant

I had an interview with the ops manager , she was focused on the paper work at first and then stepped through what was expected ,I felt this was a professional company but later felt the MD was of poor character ,It was like dealing with a spoilt child that had not developed any social skills ,I got TUPed over and politely asked if they could send a conformation of the holiday i was entitled to ,And he got all petty and personal, really low calibre of person ,the kind our industry should leave behind until they learn to act with some dignity and grace

Pros

no just snooty arrogance

Cons

Well the con was the first rate, ops managers made us all feel like one team, then the child MD, throw his toys out of his cot

Worst Company I ever worked for

The job itself was fine, however management have no skills, they did not pay any of my tax or NI contributions in the 5 months I worked there, they deducted work place pension and never paid that, most months I would have to chase up pay slips, they had a habit of getting your pay wrong, when I phoned to query my problem they said someone will phone me back they never did, I lost count how many emails I sent with no reply, I would not recommend this company to anyone.if someone doesn’t turn in you are left for hours on end.

Pros

They left me alone

Cons

No management skills

Official response from Duval Security

9 October 2018
Everyone at Duval FM has their Tax and NI , Pension paid by the company

Insights into Duval Security

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Duval is the best

I'm working at the moment as a security officer since 10 for different companies including Duval Security. I left Duval in 2013. Duval Security is the best company I worked with ever. the best Staff .best sites and the best Costumer ever.. I wish if I go back to work again with Duval. Good Luck Duval and More Progress.

Site is fine

The Duval management have nothing to do with the personnel on my site, they can rarely be contacted by phone. Dont take any notice of check calls. Working at the site is fine,

Pros

the site

Cons

working for duval

Very unprofessional and love NOT to pay on time.

Very unprofessional people who are never helpful. Treat their staff as animals and make false promises when they need favours. Worst company ever! Im glad i no longer work for this company. Family run bully company. Directors are Ex security guards with no management experience. STAY AWAY GUYS!

Pros

Im glad I dont work for this bully company anymore.

Cons

Not fair at all.. bunch of selfish/cruel people.

Enjoy my time

Worked there for four years was left alone to do my job but saw several supervisor and managers monthly and the Helpdesk actually helped when you had a problem and no issues with wages which was a shock

Pros

Nice bunch of people

Cons

No promotion

A good place too work... Once in a blue moon.

They are ok to work with but are very incompetent when it comes to your pay, your needs. Sometime they understood and helped you and even left you to do your own things how u wanted to do them. there is no chance for advancement of your career unless they really need your help.

Pros

kept me on the shifts i wanted.

Cons

Mess around with your pay.

was unfairly treated

was made to do split shifts morning - night I got on well with some of the control room but company never really treated anyone fairly I got on well with a lot of the traders and management hardest point of the job was if anything extra was put on the sites like events and we was not informed by the management of a site we was under full responsibility of anything what I learned is always make sure the manager of a site makes sure that they inform your company first before anything and to bend the rules on some occasions.

Pros

n/a

Cons

silly shifts

The work is so enjoyable especial the client staff are respected. The management is vital. I learnt a lot from co-workers when it comes to the hardest part of the job.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Duval Security?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duval Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement