DWF
Happiness score is 37 out of 100

DWF Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews

Productive and friendly

On the whole like working here. Team leaders are easy enough to talk to although some times goes in one ear out of the other. The team that I work with are great and everyone is always helpful. A really good team approach

Pros

Working from home

Awful

Not a good place to work. High turnover in staff. A whole new payments team training is not good. Peer colleague training which leaves room for mistakes that don’t get picked up until month end causing anxiety and stress. Awful culture, no one to go to for help. Constant backlog of emails that don’t disappear. Too many Microsoft teams group chats with rude people in them. Impossible to do one job at a time without a query from ms teams or outlook getting in the way. Quite obvious they wanted this department in Manchester but made it awkward by splitting the team between Leeds and Manchester. Hybrid working is ok but was not planned days made to feel guilty asking to work at home. Awful processes and systems that make one job take all day. Avoid at all costs very dodgy company do not recommend especially in the payments department. No wonder I found out I got the job 30 minutes after my interview they were probably desperate

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Too many

Insights into DWF

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Poor management, lack of progression, good benefits, very nepotistic

The department I worked was very nepotistic, jobs were already awarded to people, prior to these being advertised. Very micro-managed. If the team leaders took a dis-like to anyone, it is very hard to progress, regardless of how well you perform. The job itself is not difficult, but its pretty much call centre based with some legal work. Behaviours from other firms are transferred here, for e.g. managers who have worked together previously are fast tracked roles.

Pros

Good benefits system

Cons

Micro-management, lack of progress, nepotistic culrture

Dreadful

Dreadful place to work. The whole company is totally disorganised. Bad management, IT systems appalling. No pay rises for years. Staff leave and never replaced. Micro managed so bad feel like you can't leave your desk. No job satisfaction whatsoever. I would avoid working for this terrible company at all costs

There are better places to work.

The firm I worked for was taken over by DWF so I still stayed within my team which was the part I enjoyed. I did not like the DWF culture. People were micro-managed and I didn't feel there was much in the way of support from either my team leader or HR. The only reason why I stayed for 3 and a half years was because I was working with my team and not for a team within DWF. All the firms that DWF had taken over all worked differently to DWF so it was like different companies within DWF.

Pros

I was able to reduce my hours due to health reasons.

Cons

Micro-managed, lack of support from HR and secretarial staff were not really treated well.

Boring and dead end.

If you have a good degree, then you will succeed. They dont offer training contracts to low university graduates but they do not get rid of their staff. You leave when you want to leave

Shareholders first, staff last.

Used to be a great place to work until it became a faceless corporate entity. HR are absolutely useless, take weeks to answer a simple query. No support provided whatever level you are. There's a reason that entire departments leave and set up shop with another firm!

Wonderful place to work

I started working at DWF barely two months ago, it’s a dream job. My role as a Support Staff is the best and there’s also work-life-balance which is what I was looking for. Beautiful people, great management and the benefits too are to die for! It’s a great place.

Pros

Agile working

Cons

Nothing to complain about to be honest

Worst Company Ever

Worked for DWF at Liverpool Office. Culture is TOXIC!!! Unless you suck up to the management/supervisors and are in the clique you are just worked to death and there to be thrown under the bus.NO TRAININGNO SUPPORTNO TEAMWORKOffice politics are awful and the turnover in staff is unhealthily high. Senior management completely out of touch with the reality of how bad it is on the shop floor, and clearly do not care. Everything is geared towards the shareholders not the staff.There is an everyman for himself attitude where colleagues will happily stab you in the back for anything, just so they can carry favour, and this is encouraged.A definite throw you under the bus policy from supervisors. They cannot be bothered to train you, and when things go wrong the answer is always, "Its the file handlers responsibility". Its their get out clause for everything.DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!

Pros

There are none

Cons

Long hours, Cliques, no support, toxic culture, no leadership, no training.............the list is endless

Good place to work, salary could be better

I enjoy working at DWF, my colleagues and manager are great. There is a good amount of work and I have been given the opportunity to progress. The salary offered could be higher, but it’s not the worst out there. The positives generally make up for the slightly lower salary.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Salary on the lower end of the scale

People friendly terrible IT systems made the work hideous.

Colleagues were wonderful and helpful, there was lovely social aspect friday night fridge with free drinks for staff every week I think it was or every month can't remember though some folk got a little to merry at times. The IT systems however were absolutely unusable so many mosaiced systems for the finance teams to jump across from one to the other simple tasks took forever and managing your workload was very difficult.

Pros

Friday fridge

Cons

Horrid time consuming technical set up

Horrendous

Micromanaging is very high, private meetings where changes happen and you never know what they are until it's too late. Team meetings do not happen so if you want to get a point across about how you and your whole team think something would benefit the way we work, this will never be put forward (Your opinion means nothing). Promotion is based on favouritism and not hard work. Also the staff turnover is extremely high, people do not stay long. You are treated almost as if you were back in school. Positives - Some benefits you get are quite good. You do learn a lot if you manage to stay over 6 months.

Pros

You get some good benefits.

Cons

New starters should be told DO NOT WORK HERE!

stressful job working in DPU

this is a highly stressful job working in the document production team, excessive stats to be reached, no consideration given for different types of work picked up

Avoid at all costs

Thank goodness I was only there for a short period as I was on a fixed term contract. One of the worst firms that I have worked for, would not recommend working here. - Little to zero support from the line manager and business support co-workers. - Lack of communication. - Bad management. - Line manager constantly providing harsh feedback via email which causes frustration that reflects on work performance. - No clear business infrastructure or guidance. - Most of the people I've worked with are focused on throwing me under the bus and blame me rather than finding solutions. - High staff turnover. - HR takes forever to respond to simple queries. - No room for advancement or career progress. - Line manager is basically: poor listener, provides no support or guidance, always busy, treats some colleagues badly which results in their exit. - I was promised alot during the interview and received nothing when I joined.

Pros

Some colleagues are friendly, being paid on time

OK for lawyers, not the "fee burners"

An abysmal leadership culture in HR, presenteeism, reactive, fire-fighting, order-taking behaviours. Zero support for team members, over 50% attrition across the department, much higher in the learning team.

Still work there and I’m dying to get out

I’m a manager in Manchester who has never been so miserable. Bullying, time wasters and no support. Turnover of staff is absolutely ridiculous and replacing them is even more of a chore it’s like getting blood out of a stone. The way people think they can treat this team is unbelievable especially from a law firm. Some of the email and comments I’ve had directed at me would result in a claim. Do not work for this firm!

Stressful but fun place to work

Ok place to work - Stressful, fast pace workplace. Management has changed since I was worked there, I have had great feedback and that things have changed massively in a positive way. I think the administrators are not given enough credit for what they do in such short deadlines. Very stressful but very rewarding and very friendly staff. I wish DWF all the best for its future :)

My life at DWF

I asked for training in an office and was advised training was only done remotely. A colleague I found out later from did receive office-based training. Very poorly managed, people in charge who no nothing about the work. Jobs are actually created for people. You are micro managed so badly, you are afraid to leave your seat.

Please try to avoid

I knew things would be bad when the person training me had only been there 3 months herself. In the short time I was there amost the entire team (approx 7 people) that I started with left and half of those who were their replacements also left before I did! Noticeable staff turnovers in other teams too within the same office while the recruitment team and hr advisors seemed protected with hardly any staff turnover compared to mine. Please note that within a few months of starting they will transform the job you applied for by gradually adding work from other people in different teams (that they are already looking to get rid of) so that you eventually end up doing 3 peoples jobs within 9-12 months. You will then burn out and leave and they will do the same thing to the next person. At the heart of it is limiting certain teams staffs bonuses, pay increases and - should it ever happen - redunancy payouts by keeping most staff too new to be eligibible and the money pot can then only be distributed between protected teams and individuals.

Professional and supportive workplace

I did a week's work experience in July 2016 and again in July 2017. Everyone was very helpful, supportive and kind. There was a very friendly atmosphere. The teams got on well and provided a great experience for me.

Work Placement

The work placement was very insightful. I gained lots of experience - the senior associate that I was assisting was very helpful and showed me an array of different information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DWF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement