DXC Technology

DXC Technology Employee Reviews

Good work life balance, great people.Redundancies every quarter spoiled the experience but otherwise I enjoyed working on different projects. New CEO gutted the management’s levels so very little opportunity to advance moving forward unfortunately
Pros
Work / life
Cons
Redundancies, old internal systems
Worked in DXC after the CSC HP merger. I changed managers like I changed shirts. Although I was in very senior level, I had no clue about what the strategy for the company was.
Management is awful, short term approach only, no thought or comprehension of planning for the mid/long term... Little investment in people, always seem to hire from the market rather than promote from within.Pay well to hire, but then nothing in the ongoing years
Pros
Cons
Typical American bleed the "doing staff" to death, whilst managment sit back and moan
Training is none existent.Was moved teams and advised role was really flexible with shifts and working from home etc. only to be told days into new role I had to work certain shifts and could NOT work from home at all. Had new manager every few weeks (literally) due to redundancies and restructuring.Did not have pay rise in years and did not have appraisal in nearly a year.Made to wait months for OT payments but expected to work OT to help business out at the drop of a hat.
Pros
Some nice colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Users are toxic, some of the tenured employees are toxic, they have a strict sched that even if you have difficulties on your malfunctioning device that they issued they will still rush you to do your work. They also have post shift huddles that take 3 hours but they only pay 1 hour as an overtime.
Cons
Long hours, toxic work environment
No customer service, clueless mgt. No training or career progression. Only interest was to lower ticket volume by any means possible which usually meant closing with no attempted fixes applied or bogus contact attenpts meaning issues closed with no contact
Cons
We went into lockdown and working from home was hard as well as I were getting very anxious talking over the phone to someone new every one - 5 minutes as not my strength. Also had 8 different managers due to previous one either leaving or DCX letting them go. This in lockdown had an affect on my QA course work and by not fault of my own as could pass every aspect of course work with ease if I had been giving it .
Pros
Getting experience in a work place
Cons
In lockdown working from home were hard
from the beginning DXC Has placed staff at risk of redundancy month after month its always hung over you like an axe waiting to drop and when it does drop you feel relief not upset. I was recently made redundant and its the best thing to have happened. Don't expect a pay rise even if you move roles to one 2 or 3 grades higher your pay will remain the same, in the 13 years I worked there I had 2 pay reviews. Appraisals are a joke just a pen pushing exercise
Pros
the other staff are lovely
Cons
Redundancy low pay lack of recognition for roles
DXC is a good place to work if you know the right people to help get you through the corporation, otherwise you are likely to stay in the same position.
Very corporate. Management only care about targets. Little support. Little job security. Poor attitude from management. Would not recommend working for DXC. Hire and fire like anything.
A global IT service company that has grown through acquisition and sometimes struggles with its own culture. Work is competitive and working hard is not always a guarantee of personal growth success. You will get to learn a lot of skills and apply your knowledge and skills if you are willing to find the roles and assignments that are more interesting.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
middle management navel gazing and job protection
As a current employee all I can say is that you will only get anywhere in here if your face fits. The managers are inept, have no idea how to run a contact centre and will quite happily leave you work an 8 hour shift with no breaks. If you are ever stuck on call after you have finished your shift, you can consider yourself working for free; you will never get your time back. You will however get a stern talking to if you are 8 seconds late for logging on the phones. If you work bank holidays and get time off in leiu, trying to get that time back from the inept leadership team is like talking to a frozen chicken. I and many others are continuously ignored by management when we ask them questions. We also had a group of people join the team on a apprenticeship basis who were put on the phone and have little or no idea about the job. The training was non existent. When trainees ask the manager for genuine help, they only response they get is 'google it'. In short, its a terrible place to work, they are not interested in the quality of the calls or helping people out, they just want bums on seats to take as many poor quality calls they possibly can. The manager who took charge only seems to be able to get people to faill in line with fear and intimidation (unless he likes you). Not management material whatsoever. They even changed the overtime rate for weekend work AFTER people had worked it then refused to pay them the correct rate. AVOID!!!!!!!
Cult like and fearful; always re-structuring and very American. Face fits, intolerant to change or advisement. It was rare to find a good manager, and when they want prpogress they fly in a yank to create a "crisis". Dreadful place to work.
Pros
None really, except you can manage them by confusion, and a lot of them are simply not as bright as they think they are.
Cons
Toxic culture; lack of support; prioritsation, etc., etc.
The primary focus is profit at the cost of staff. DXC are committed to replacing experienced and underpaid staff with graduates with no experience. DBA teams were laid off giving us the inability to support our account fully putting us in a very serious situation when there were database issues and upgrades required
Pros
Rest of the staff were great
Cons
No pay rises, bonuses, or recognition no matter how hard you work.
Spent 21 years with 5 or 6 roles over the years. Learned a lot from very good managers and worked with some great people. Took a while to progress through the ranks and wanted to achieve more.
No opportunity to promote or get pay rise as company unofficial policy is not give pay rises or promote within. Brand of the company not good but new CEO trying to make steps to improve overall. Great team to work with and work very interesting and rewarding.
Some people are lovely, others make work difficult. No consideration for the human, people are process driven and will work you to your death. Promises of promotion and pay rises are dangling carrots and never obtained. They will work you until you realise their game and give up, to which at the last minute they seem to be able to action promotion/pay rise, but by then it's too late.
Working in a small highly productive and responsive team alongisde other teams was very positive, a great group of people to work with. The work was challenging at times but the local teams always helped each other out. The role allowed us to specialise in different areas and learn new skills. Towards the end of my time they introduced an 'agile' way of working to cross train people in each others jobs. This was apparently to secure our positions there. Ironcially 2 months later and I'm redundant (admittedly by my own choice). DXC offers 'benefits' that are paid for by salary sacrifice. The concierge service being a particualarly tempting offer that I sadly had to decline because of the cost. It was interesting to find life and sickness cover cheeper elsewhere! After 3 promotions it was also interesting to find that DXC were bringing new staff in on the same job code then requiring redundancy from this job level. Whilst also bringing in 2 new graduates to do some of my work. DXC does not reward performance, I was promoted without a pay rise or bonus and received no pay rise in 5 years despite consistently doing very well on my appraisals. Many others were the same, some not receiving pay rises for 7 years. I cannot recommend a company who does not invest in their staff. The on call rate did not increase after over 19 years!
Avoid at all costs - not sure what else to say but have to pad this out to 150 characters apparently. Anyway, hope you're having a nice day and good luck in any job search
Constant change and lack of leadership during my tenure. Great people but difficult to see how they will adapt in the market. Growth slow and constant cost cutting mentality
DXC has a high number of employees and it is possible to get lost amongst the size of the company. Its best to get involved and share information and listed to others who have more time and experience at the company.
  1. Employee reviews