Dyson

Dyson Employee Reviews

Good benefits, strange culture to work in. Can be desorganize but at the some time a lot of autonomy is given. Good communication from CEO on a weekly basis.
This company grows so fast un suitable people and up as managers, they in turn care little about the staff as they try to move further up the fast moving ladder, good salaries, excellent benefits, but a corporate culture all of it's own, if you have a idea by the time it's gone through all the commities its irrelevant Not the place you believe it to be, all smoke and mirrors, sad to have left mainly because of the good salary
Pros
Benefit package, sickness, maternity
Cons
Goals change constantly, management not a clue whats going on to many divisions
Dyson is an amazing company to work for spending 5 years with Dyson was exciting, Training was always very interesting. A real family feel. Dyson encourage and reward hard work and thinking outside the box. The company are very accommodating and supportive if any personal issues arise. The people centred approach to management. Perfect place to work and wish I’d never left.
Pros
The whole family feel working at Dyson, Also working with amazing products. Great bonus packages with achievable targets
Cons
Not enough footfall in my store it’s hard to sell to nobody.
They over work you for not alot of break or time to yourself after the abuse from customer's. They expect you to be a certain kind of person that just turns up sick or dead. Doesn't matter. You got to like time pressures otherwise you won't get on with this job. On top of that the management is a joke and they employ kids to be mangers.
Pros
The food
Cons
A fun place to be an intern or graduate. The work culture is relaxed and there is a lot of collaboration within the teams. Very secretive projects are quite cool.
I absolutely loved working for dyson. The training was fun, hands on and so in-depth and it really made me become passionate about what I was selling and now I have so much knowledge about technology. Management were very friendly, you would be encouraged to perform well with really amazing acknowledgment and incentives across the team for good work. There were also great benefits. I made so many great friends working for dyson!
Pros
Fun working experience, great team to be around and the products are amazing. There were also great benefits, Great pay and amazing experiences
Cons
There could be a lack of communication sometimes with management, on occasions my pay got messed up but it was eventually sorted.
Management were extremely supportive and energetic. The hardest part is selling against cheaper brands or better advertised brands. The quality of the products are always a safe bet to fall back onto.
The work environment at Dyson is very fast paced. Each day a lot is expected of you and your output is depended on as part of the bigger picture. You may work on projects that get pushed back but if that’s the case, there’s always plenty else to get working on!
Pros
Pay for graduates is very competitive, you get a lot of responsibility and expectation is high, management are approachable, buses for Dyson employees organised from major cities nearby, international opportunities available!
Cons
The location of the campus in Malmesbury, a village in the middle of the whiltshire country side, lots of people have to drive, there is little/ no social life as people are concerned on missing the traffic
There's a certain fit at Dyson, mainly because it doesn't run like a normal business, so if you don't like constant change and can adapt to it you won't last long! It can be rewarding at times, but it is not a particularly people focused organisation, so you often feel like an afterthought. The product is the most important thing, bar none. If you are an engineer then you will no doubt love it, but if you work outside of RDD you kind of feel like a second class citizen, which is a shame!
No job security, no future It’s a gamble You never know what happens next You might get notice to leave anytime No matter how hard you work either you are permanent or temporary employee. Be ready to get kicked out anytime
Worked in the kitchen as a kitchen porter. Hard work every day it was relentless. Catering for 200 dyson staff daily at lunchtime. Hardest part was multitasking. So many tasks to do. Could not keep my eyes open going home with lift from work mate.
Management bad, Support bad, the people are nice. Pay is decent you get more than the managers of currys. Do not work there it isnt worth the hassle. You are judged based on percentage sold and not numbers unlike other sales reps. You must get the inventoy for other companies. If your in a low income area its pretty hard to sell the v11's and v10's as no one can afford them. The store i was in had the best shark rep in the country. Lovely lady but dyson gave me no support to country a sales rep of 40 years. Work for shark they are much nicer. Dyson are not good employers. The only benefit is the pay thats it
Was told this was a great place to work , but no way is it management of cafes are a disgrace they treat there staff and let others away with things totally disgraceful!!!!!!!!
Good training, part time hours are good. Gym and a machine after 6 month’s service at minimal cost. Essentially too much high pressure selling for me in the long term but the job suited me in the interim
Pros
Hours
Cons
All in all I had a very positive experience, I would especially point to the possibility for progression within the business as a really positive factor. However, there are problems, I would say that a lack of direction from management on the operational side of the business is problematic. This does not apply, from what I can tell, for the engineering side, who are given a more direction. The office culture was, for me, very positive, and it was always very exciting to work at a company with such great tech, I would suggest Dyson to a friend.
Started at dyson as a line operator and worked my way up to technical analyst. This was before Dyson ever had an IT department but i pushed for it as the product was great and knew the opportunities are and still are.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great place to work with one of two issues - Not enough desks for all staff members. - Slightly fragmented knowledge sharing within the business. - Not as collaborative as one would like
Business is trying to sell itself as a company with high performance and culture where as it is dysfunctional and chaotic. A real shame because of there aspirations.
Dyson will put you up in an amazing hotel for two nights pay for travel down to head office and sugar coat your job. Your actual job will be nothing like it here’s why: I worked every single Friday Saturday Sunday, alone in a store which was naturally quite. I was aloud 30 minutes break over a 9 hour shift, the 9 hour shift included me STANDING!!! For the whole time. You see your manager rarely. My manager was lovely may I add however when I handed my notice in she became extremely cold. EXPECT to work every single bank holiday, your holidays not being authorised if there in a “busy period” yet you could be stood there with little to no custom. You will have Selling targets that are unrealistic £299.99 for a hair dryer in a store and an area in which is quite is HARD!! And when you aren’t selling your asked why? Your store will be compared to bigger stores in your region making you look bad. As a part time job it takes over your life quickly!!!! And this job isn’t suitable for students. I got asked to take time out of my degree YES!!! My degree.. to attend a overnight stay 4 hours away on a day that weren’t my day to work anyway. I wouldn’t recommend as a company. But the pay is good!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional managers
Mes managers et l’équipe avec laquelle j’ai travaillé étaient géniaux . J’ai également aimé pouvoir aider les clients à résoudre leurs problèmes avec leurs appareils .
The typical day at work is typically full of innovative things happening all around the business buildings. I learned a lot about the industry problematic, dynamics and how to act under tight deadlines. The workplace culture is such that you never fill stressed and really enjoying meeting co-workers to discuss and solve engineering matters. The management style, however, should be improved. Since Dyson grew very quickly in the last few years the teams structures tend to vary significantly and therefore is very difficult to have a consistent judgement of your own work.
Pros
Freedom to work and not feeling afraid of mistakes, flexible working hours
Cons
Quality of performance evaluation (never been stable in the last six years)
  1. Employee reviews