E (Gas and Electricity Ltd)
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

E (Gas and Electricity Ltd) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom105 reviews

May seem daunting but stick it out!

Enjoyed my time at E! Lots to learn, it may seem daunting at first but my best advice is to stick it out!Free car parking and tea/coffee is an added bonus!

Very accommodating

I have struggled to find part time work to fit around my children and home life and after been out of work a couple of months I was starting to think I wouldn’t find anything but E have been so accommodating. They have offered me a contract to fit around the school runs but I did have to commit to full time the first couple of weeks for training.I have never worked in the energy industry before so there was a lot to learn and it probably took me a bit longer only working 20 hours but now I’ve settled in I love my job and everyone is lovely and really helpful. I also love the fact that we get free breakfast, I never get time in the morning with the children a so for me that is an added bonus!

Pros

Very accommodating around home life Free breakfast Lovely staff Good pay

Cons

Full time training course for two weeks

Great Workplace

I have worked for E for a few months. Initially I found it hard as there is a lot of information to take in but I’m so happy I stuck with it and I really enjoy my job. The trainer was great and so is my manager. The rest of the team provide a great atmosphere and offer extra support if needed. The company benefits are also very good, much better then I’ve ever experienced with other employers and the whole company was provided with dominoes yesterday for hitting our targets. Other benefits include free tea, coffee and breakfast as well as discounted gym membership. The free parking is a big bonus for me as I used to pay over £100 a month previously. I also like how E reward loyalty and service, for each year service we get an additional £1000 salary increase and 1 day holiday. Overall a very nice atmosphere to work, although it can be challenging at times it is very rewarding and I am glad I persevered.

Pros

Free parking, free tea/coffee/cereal Pizza days Additional holiday each year Yearly salary increase

Cons

Challenging calls but very supportive team and manager.

Great Company

I really enjoy working here. The managers & other staff are very friendly and welcoming.The training for the role is very thorough and gave me confidence working in an industry where I had no previous experience.

I have been with the company now just over a year and have received my first £1000 salary increase. I love my job and the people I work with, my team manager is so approachable and always happy to help. The employee benefits are a bonus and there are lots of opportunities within the business to progress. I think the referral scheme is a great incentive too.

Pros

Extra holiday, yearly salary increase, free food and drink, parking.

Avoid at all cost!

Overall I am ashamed to work for this organisation. What I have found concerning is that I have become aware that cultural differences exists which includes certain remarks which l find shocking.. To make it worse, the people who make these awful remarks are management themselves about their staff.

Challenging job with little rewards

I've worked at E for 2 years as a customer service agent.The job can be challenging at times, especially when dealing with difficult customers. There is a lot to learn but the training is really good.Management isnt the best and there is a lot of micromanagement.One team manager is great, the rest are average at best and have less knowledge then the agents taking calls.Pay is alright and is increased each year subject to no sickness, late etc.They are quite strict with toilet breaks and monitor this regularly. Moral can be low as so many people leave on a weekly basis.

Cons

Weekend working.

Great Company To work For

I have worked for E for a few months and I am really enjoying the job. It’s such a lovely place to work and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The free parking is great and it’s a great incentive that your pay and holiday increases with length of of service.

Pros

Free parking Free tea and coffee Free breakfast Yearly pay rises

Treated like a robot to answer calls

they would tell you off for going toliet, management don't have a clue whats going on half the time and contradict eachother. Wage is POOR. Not one staff member enjoys going in. Everyone hates eachother

Pros

Cons

long anti social hours, low paid and management go out of there way to make you feel rubbish

Poor place to work if you’re looking for advancement

If you want a progressive job you won’t find it here. People have been here for 5 years and still stuck in the same position. Managers refuse to take complaints leaving the call handlers to deal with it. The poor excuse of managers who don’t deal with these also don’t come from energy backgrounds an so have no clue what they’re talking about. Furthermore, atleast one of the managers is micro-management Queen and the second she sees you having fun she will be straight over to chastise you.

Pros

Nice break area

Cons

Poor management Salary not enough Spoken down to

Very good

Great place to work, money is good, people make the company, management ok, customer are really nice, free parking just a shame the vending machines are not free

A good place to learn regarding utilities and learn information relating to industry.

Like every call centre there are challenges and there are rules and they are there for a reason. My time at E came with personal challenges and professional but I gained a lot from the role , life experience , transferable skills , and knowledge.

Previous employee

You get spoken to by customers very badly by being sworn atManagers don’t support youManagers won’t deal with complaintsYou get spoken to as though your at schoolNo benefits

Pros

Staff

Cons

Shifts, lack of support

Terrible place to work

Managers unable to do the basic role but tell you how to do itNo supportBad payRefusing emergency credit to desperate customersManagers have no respect for staff

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Working there

Amazing workplace

Can not beat the people you work with here from staff on the customer service Floor to managing directors. Everyone at E is welcoming and supportive.

I wanted to write this to thank everyone at E as my logins have now been closed down so I can’t email you all! It’s been a great 4 years and through a really stressful last year working during Covid everyone has pulled together and got on with the job. I’m really going to miss everything - apart from the air conditioning!

Pros

Great people

Wasted potential.

Where to begin, I served at E for over 4 years. Initially the place had a lot of potential; the call to staff ratio was good so you weren't inundated, management were hired from within so they knew the difficulties of the front line job and targets weren't as arbitrary.But over the years these were gradually chipped away. Senior management only bothered to hire long after the horse had bolted so call to staff ratios were through the roof, arbitrary targets were implemented and worst of all, lower management were no longer hired from within.This is truly the sticking point, middle to upper management became fixated at paying recruitment agencies to find external managers, many of who had no experience of the energy industry. It would take them months to get to speed and nearly all the time would end up getting sacked. As of when I left the company, no externally hired manager had lasted more than a year. The company was purposely paying more for(generally) lower quality team managers. This in turn depressed morale and ramped-up turnover. Progression by the time I left became effectively non-existent.Also, having to work every other Saturday is sickening.

Pros

Not far from train station. Decent break area Free Cereal

Cons

See main review

Friendly and inviting place to work

Joined the company in January. Excellent training. Staff are friendly, helpful and approachable. Work for a very good, flexible, understanding and extremely knowledgeable manager.

Pros

Gaining new Excel, Access and Energy Industry knowledge. Shower Facilities available. Very Pleasant working environment

E Gas and Electricity great place to work

I have worked for E Gas and Electricity for 5 years. The first thing I noticed when I arrived was what a great atmosphere there was in the office. Everyone is friendly and helpful. My boss is fantastic straight to the point but fair. Yes I have targets to meet but they are realistic and fair as you would expect at any business you work in.I've worked in the office all through covid restrictions and I feel safer here than I do when I'm out shopping. The company have really looked after us putting social distancing in place, one way system and providing hand sanitiser and antibacterial cleaner for desks. All in all love working for E.

Pros

Refer a friend incentive. Free drinks. Free parking. Loads of progression opportunities

Cons

Good place to grow your skills and career

I have worked for E for nearly 6 years. I have started from the call center and worked myself up to the smart team. I have enjoyed working here and have learnt something new everyday. As long as you work hard you will progress in this company. I have worked in the office during Covid restrictions and social distancing was put in place in the office which was followed and helped keep any case to a minimum within the company. I felt safe working at the office.

Pros

Free breakfast such as cereal, coffe and tea

Cons

Restrictions on dress down Fridays

Great company to work for.

Great, understanding and fair management. Fast paced and fun place to work. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very supportive during COVID restriction. Would definitely recommend!

Pros

Refer a friend incentive. Free breakfast cereals, coffee, tea, cordial

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E (Gas and Electricity Ltd). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare E (Gas and Electricity Ltd) with

• E (Gas and Electricity Ltd)
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?