E (Gas and Electricity Ltd)

E (Gas and Electricity Ltd) Employee Reviews

I have worked for E for nearly 6 years. I have started from the call center and worked myself up to the smart team. I have enjoyed working here and have learnt something new everyday. As long as you work hard you will progress in this company. I have worked in the office during Covid restrictions and social distancing was put in place in the office which was followed and helped keep any case to a minimum within the company. I felt safe working at the office.
Pros
Free breakfast such as cereal, coffe and tea
Cons
Restrictions on dress down Fridays
Where to begin, I served at E for over 4 years. Initially the place had a lot of potential; the call to staff ratio was good so you weren't inundated, management were hired from within so they knew the difficulties of the front line job and targets weren't as arbitrary.But over the years these were gradually chipped away. Senior management only bothered to hire long after the horse had bolted so call to staff ratios were through the roof, arbitrary targets were implemented and worst of all, lower management were no longer hired from within.This is truly the sticking point, middle to upper management became fixated at paying recruitment agencies to find external managers, many of who had no experience of the energy industry. It would take them months to get to speed and nearly all the time would end up getting sacked. As of when I left the company, no externally hired manager had lasted more than a year. The company was purposely paying more for(generally) lower quality team managers. This in turn depressed morale and ramped-up turnover. Progression by the time I left became effectively non-existent.Also, having to work every other Saturday is sickening.
Pros
Not far from train station. Decent break area Free Cereal
Cons
See main review
Joined the company in January. Excellent training. Staff are friendly, helpful and approachable. Work for a very good, flexible, understanding and extremely knowledgeable manager.
Pros
Gaining new Excel, Access and Energy Industry knowledge. Shower Facilities available. Very Pleasant working environment
I have worked for E Gas and Electricity for 5 years. The first thing I noticed when I arrived was what a great atmosphere there was in the office. Everyone is friendly and helpful. My boss is fantastic straight to the point but fair. Yes I have targets to meet but they are realistic and fair as you would expect at any business you work in.I've worked in the office all through covid restrictions and I feel safer here than I do when I'm out shopping. The company have really looked after us putting social distancing in place, one way system and providing hand sanitiser and antibacterial cleaner for desks. All in all love working for E.
Pros
Refer a friend incentive. Free drinks. Free parking. Loads of progression opportunities
Cons
Great, understanding and fair management. Fast paced and fun place to work. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very supportive during COVID restriction. Would definitely recommend!
Pros
Refer a friend incentive. Free breakfast cereals, coffee, tea, cordial
Great atmosphere in the office at all times! Plenty of developmental opportunities. It can be challenging at times, like any other job, but it is equally as rewarding! Everybody is treated fairly and with respect
Pros
Free Breakfast, great management
I have been working at E now for 4 months. It’s a busy but friendly atmosphere. The training is great and there’s always someone on hand to help you. I had no energy experience when I started so was pretty nervous but it all made sense when I got on the phones! I am settled and enjoying my job:-)
Pros
Free parking and cereal!
Colleagues were very helpful during the training process. Uniform was provided, including a waterproof jacket. The manager was good at inspiring and pushing you to make sales and give the best customer service experience to potential customers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Working outside in all weather situations. Self employed (only paid when sales achieved).
Company are very flexible during interview process. However this changes once start training. You are expected to arrive 10 mins start time. Never let off before 5pm even if finished required training for the day. Once out in office again expected to be logged in before start time ready to take first call. Also you can get caught on a call and not able to finish on time. This can be up to 20 -30 mins. Taking this in to account and 10 mins to log in first thing. That means up to 40 mins unpaid the company has from you. Happens on a regular basis.Also they do not like you to go toilet unless its in your break time. Bare in mind you cannot eat at your desk or get hot drink while on your shift.Job its self was ok
Pros
The actual work not to difficult
Cons
Expected to use too much of your own time, management tell you one thing and do the opposite
DO not apply for any jobs here, they treat employees TERRIBLY. causing stress, depression and all sorts other. ABSOLUTELY VILE. Don't care about you, treat you like children and the management are useless
Cons
everything
You are made to pay a deposit of GBP 250 for an iPad worth just GBP 30 at Cash Convertors,after two weeks when you get better at the job your commissions are cut in half,the regional managers are awful at the job betwen two of them they earnt just GBP 80 in one week so how can they train anyone?You are totally isolated from all other advisors with no-one to talk to,compare notes with or bounce off no team whatsoever.When you leave they don't pay you they still owe me money and I am taking them to the small claims court for payment,they ripped me off just before Christmas this is the worst company you have ever worked for do yourself a favour and just don't bother!
Pros
The day that you leave
Cons
Working for E Gas and Electric
It started off well at first, the overall atmosphere was pretty good, but that has taken a very negative turn in recent years. I can honestly say I have felt absolutely no motivation to better myself in my role within the company anymore, no matter how much effort you put in, improvements you made there was never a worthy reward in the end. This is why I left. You continually get asked to take on more and more responsibility much above your pay grade with this idea that you will get a good amount of recognition for your efforts in your next review. Then your review comes, you sit down with your manager, you go through everything you've been doing, all the effort you've put in to be the best you can and continually improve, your manager agrees. Then they turn around and say, none of that actually matters as we can only increase your wage by up to £1000 a year. It's very likely in this year that you've taken on enough additional tasks and responsibilities that you've realistically moved up to the next role within your team, but you'll never be paid that amount, you may even be offered a new title but it won't come with the monetary reward to warrant you taking it up.
Pros
Free parking
I have worked at E for about 6 months now and absolutely love it! The relationship between management and colleagues is brilliant and you can tell they have interest in making sure staff moral is the best it can be. There are no office politics and colleagues are reviewed fairly on their work. Brilliant incentives, great atmosphere, fair approach!
Only been with the business for 7 months but it’s great to be part of a team that wants the best for their customers and their staff! Great incentives to keep the competition alive amongst colleagues, all in good fun ofcourse, and even better rewards! Great management, great members of staff, great office! Can’t fault the place 👍🏽
Team I worked with were great, very helpful and made sure you had everything you needed to work, including winter coats with company logos, iPad for putting deals through and daily check ins on the phone and a face to face check in once a week.
Over the years I've worked in a number of call centres, but at E it's completely different. The managers, trainers and the colleagues are all so helpful. Since joining I've build a great working relationship with my manager, who has also installed self confidence into me which I didn't know I had. Opportunity for progression. A number of colleagues have moved departments and stepped up to be managers.
Pros
The peolpe
If you're willing to put the work in you can achieve some great rates of pay. Uniform provided. Worked here for coming on 7 months and plan to continue for sometime. Highly recommend to anyone who Is willing to put the hours in
Pros
Pay
If you've had previous experience or if you're looking to venture into the Call Centre environment, E (Gas & Electricity is for you. Working environment is great. Colleagues and management are lovely. Management always willing to go the extra mile and provide constant support whether on a work or personal level. Opportunity to progress and so many different areas to move into within the company. Social events throughout the year which brings everyone together outside of the working environment.
Pros
Free breakfast!!!
I recently started at the company as a customer service advisor and I can honestly say I’m loving my time here. To start with the variety of training techniques received during the four weeks of training. The trainer was so helpful and approachable which made my nervy start that much easier. The workload is varied as no two calls are the same and the days seem to fly by. To top it off we recently had a Christmas Party which was completely free!! This was a first for any company I’ve ever worked for in the past.
Pros
Training was a personal highlight
Cons
As of yet, none
I was unsure about this company from the start but after having my interview I was convinced I didn't want to work here ! The interview questions are ridiculous not to mention the team leader and the manager taking the interview ! I was offered the job and took it as I needed money but guys! for what's it worth I wouldn't recommend this company to my worse enemy ! They have bizarre expectations and the management employee are always leaving! don't blame them its very unprofessional and they just want you to be a robot !
Cons
100% By far this was the worst place I have worked. The manager expects you to put work Life over home life 100% of the time. The atmosphere in the office is awful, you feel as if you’re constantly being watched, team members are very sly and very quick to throw you under the bus if you did make a mistake. Expects you not to talk to any of your colleagues or he will come running over to ask what you were talking about. You get told to face the front like you’re in some type of school class. Promised lots of progression in interview but failed to see any staff member working there who had experienced progression.