E.ON
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

E.ON Employee Reviews

United Kingdom506 reviews

Fast paced, performance driven yet supportive.

I have worked as a Field Team Leader for approx 4 years and have always felt supported. Excellent opportunities to grow and clearly defined expectations.

Pros

Company car Good salary Great Support

Cons

Can be stressful occasionally but support is always there if you look for it.

Hard working

Can be very stressful and sometimes long hours depending on the job role you have. Great benefits package if you stick the stress that is sometimes involved

3 nuts and 4 cables can lead to unnecessary stress, apart from that benefits are good within the company.

Too many procedures to catch you out, if you can handle unnecessary stress because of non technical management and over the top auditors then you won't have an issue. Work life balance is good, pay and benefits are decent and holiday entitlement is probably the best I have seen

Good because its a permanent home working role

The only good thing about this role is its a permanent home working role. Other than that, you are given too much responsibility for what you are actually paid. Hardly any lunch or break time.

Pros

home working

Cons

rubbish pay

supervisors dont care

Dont work for eon highways and lighting (grid) in burton. Supervisors are ignorant and look after number 1., they feather there own nest. There are the favoured few who think they can do what they want.

Pros

working field staff, good hours

Cons

Management, moody supervisor

Good job terrible management

Good job terrible auditors not backed by managers in anyway rules and regs strict but not followed by company just made to suit awful company to work for dnt join

Pros

Time on jobs

Cons

Too many to mention

Soul destroying

Worked for the original Eon Energy and it was great then it became Eon Next. Job description does not match what you actually end up doing. Training is not adequate and does not stand you in good stead for actually doing job. Manager is pretty much non existent. They say that there is support available but in reality you either get ignored or passed from pillar to post with no one giving you a actual answer. You are basically expected to sit there and take call after call and get moaned at if you don't meet targets. Advisors are now expected to do the jobs that about 5 departments did in Eon Energy. You are expected to stay past the end of your shift to get call volumes down regularly. You are also expected to work over your contracted hours every week.Work colleagues are lovely. Pay seems reasonable but not when you consider the amount of work expected.

Pros

No weekends

Cons

Everything else

Very stressful job

They tell you that they give you all training you will need but most of the training you will never use in the day to day doing the job, more training and help needed on the job you will be doing. Like billing account and dealing with customers accounts.

Micro managed

Managers are very selective in whom they like. If your face fits they love you. Toxic place, literally can’t lift your bum before putting a code in your phone!

Pros

Prayer room

Cons

Get some new managers

People made the place good to go to

Had good times, I worked in a few different departments. Depending on the department depends on the work load and hours. When I was they the bonuses where really good

A pleasant environment to work.

The work entailed prescribed tasks with the opportunity to advance within the role. Application of the Safety Rules with both electrical and plant procedures. The management were supportive. The culture was progressive. The hardest part of the job would be having confidence in your own decisions, whilst being willing to accept advice contrary to your beliefs even if it means having to review your choices. The most enjoyable part of the job was having colleagues who became friends and working as a team.

Pros

Pretty much everything

Cons

None really

Got gradually worse over the years

When I started, just as it changed from PowerGen, it was a fantastic fun place to work. However with recent government initiatives, pressure from shareholders and rising costs, the employee experience has been cheapened and cheapened. To the point there’s no bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen, subsidised green travel or anything else that was considered a benefit when I joined.

Pros

Reasonable pay

Cons

Cheap employee experience.

Great job

Great job, great benefits + good performance bonuses.Loads of flexibility with the role. Shame smart metering brought it all to an end. Had some good years tho working on the sme only built a great rapport with some of our customers

Pros

Flexible working hours -+ bonuses

Cons

Smart meters

Supportive environment

Consistent support and family environment. Cater around life commitments and any health struggles. Understanding management and constant team meetings to check in on everyone and take any feedback onboard. Constant updates on any changes

Pros

Support

Cons

System issue

Just dont.

Used to be a good place to work. In more recent years they have become greedy and don't want to pay staff what they're worth despite them doing the job of several advisors, including a sales role.

Pros

Contacts offer protection. To a point.

Cons

Shift patterns. Ever changing goalposts.

Meter Reader

I have never worked for a more wastefull company in my life.The only future proofing they are concerned about are the profit margins.Was even told I didn't actually lose my job with them by a member of staff online recently too.That tells you all you need to know.

Pros

easy to waste time and customers money

Cons

wastefull use of customers money

Avoid unless you like to tell lies

People you work with all smiles to your face behind your back the daggers are in, could be a really good firm if the management took a grip and knew fact from fiction.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Workforce

Friendly and adaptable

Eon was a really good company to work for. There was ongoing training and development. The role was target driven but there is scope for you to climb the ladder. The staff are friendly and work life balance was acceptable. Overall, I was happy with my time there

Pros

Canteen, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Unsociable hours at times

Avoid

The only good thing about this job is money but not worth the stress. Micromanagement at its finest. System issues almost everyday, mobile app will probably never be fixed. Lines are quite busy and no support from management. Youre just left to deal with it and tell customers that company is going through yet another “system refresh” because that sounds better than “we’re having system issues”. Management are constantly on the haunt, trying to find anything just to be on your case. Very toxic work environment.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Micromanagement, toxic work environment, short breaks, no support, system issues

Extremely poor management

Although I worked there for a number of years, it was not a good experience as the management only cared about their family or friends who worked there, this was the same when trying to progress. Management lie and tell you what you want to know true or not, as for higher management I've never met people so two-faced in my life, I've never been happier since I've left, the only down side is that I met some amazing people along the way, who I'm happy to say I've stayed in contact with.. avoid this company, your sanity with thank you in the long run

Pros

Met some amazing people

Cons

Poor management, no progression

Sweatshop for calls

I worked at E.ON from 2016-2017 in Customer Complaints Resolutions. This is the worst job that I have ever had. A group of us were taken on as “contractors” which basically means that you have no career advancement and no support from HR.The job was stressful. Constant calls, constant queues of customers waiting for HOURS on the line to get through and shout at you. The issues were varied, some caused by colleagues in other departments, some on-going and long-winded, either way you didn’t have time to do your job and fix the issues - it was all about getting on to the next call. I had to leave due to a stress-related breakdown. It took me around a year to get back to normal, working at another job. All of the intake of contractors also left between 12-18 months. Avoid this place if you want to keep your sanity!

Pros

You get paid weekly if contracted

Cons

Everything. Work culture. Poor management. Stress. Lack of support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E.ON. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare E.ON with