Ealing Council logo
Ealing Council

Ealing Council Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Ok

Working in the council is good in general if you can get to a team with flexible working. I think as my team is strict it makes it harder. It’s all work no flexibility strict working hours

Stressful and stats focused

You are treated more like a robot than a human. Everything is focused on stats rather than the actual work.The support can be ok but it depends on your manager and your areas of work.

Cons

High stress, expected to be a robot emotionally and physically in terms of work load

Productive and fun workplace

Relaxed environment. A lot of independent work. Good management team, flexible hours, and pleasant interactions with clients. Due to cutbacks, there is a lack of hands-on support during a shift.

Nasty management

Bullying and victimisation. Not nice to work for Ealing Council. Nasty management. Treat you with disdain and ignore you. Not a nice experience working for Ealing Council.

Nice Place to work for

I have learned many skills working for Ealing council and am fully enjoying working as part of the team. I would be interested in looking or further job oppportunities with the council in other departments .

Pros

have good benefits

Cons

Not flexible with childcare

Stressful

Lack of sincerity and transparency. Unwillingness to address underlying issues. Negative culture that undermines professionalism and promotes cronyism.

Had a brilliant working experience at Ealing.

Good employer that rewards hardwork; organisation values people, very customer-centered. Open offices, safe working environment, approachable managers.

Interesting and varied

Good training Updates on policy and procedures Three monthly reviews Flexible to cover other sites Worked as a close supportive team Maintain strict confidentiality Worked with other providers

Some very good colleagues. Dreadful management.

Good calibre of elected members generally, with some exceptions. Interesting work but horrible modern, open plan workplace (Perceval House – now scheduled for demolition). Most shabby dishonest management I have ever encountered in local government. Totally untrustworthy.

Very supportive of professional development

Ealing really provided a learning community that supports the learning and professional development of staff. I attend course relevant to my practice and personal professional development with full support from management. I was provided a loan to pay for my Doctorate studies However, I felt discriminated at one point that led to my leaving the organisation - I guess it was down to an individual, not the organisation

Pros

Very supportive in staff development and training

Cons

Salaries do not rise to staff expenditures

Jobs at Ealing Council

See more jobs

Great team, great values but needs to update management style

They work for their community Great team Needs more stability for jobs Management structure and style needs updating Nice offices with loads of parking but could go with-updating

Best company

Kingdom is the best company... staff and Management very helpful .... definitely i will give 100%..........5 star company They always help new workers......................

A good employer

They treated me well, I did my job the best I could and I have received appraisals every 6 months until they scrapped the appraisal scheme due in part to Carillion's collapse. Management is struggling because of the budget issues which seems to be a never-ending problem in local Govt in Great Britain. Workers are professionals and very competent Very much enjoyed my student job Thank You.

Work experience

I compleyed my work experience here and enjoyed it very much. In addition to this, I also got the chance to work in a professional environment and enhance my skills.

A good working experience

Thoroughly enjoyed my contract with Ealing. Reshaping the SEN Transport section, writing new procedures, interviewing new staff and building the section up to cope with the future

Terrible management

The management were very unprofessional, rude, and dismissive in resolving any of my employment related issues. I did not feel protected by anyone higher up, because everyone covers for each other. And no one addresses the problem. The customers were great, though.

Good Working Environment

The two directors I worked for were very supportive. My Line Manager was also very supportive and helpful. Staff were always willing to help you if your workload was heavy.

Pros

Relaxed working environment

Cons

Poor network connection

Putting People First

Every day is a fresh challenge. The feel good factor makes it all worth while when you help someone and receive a very gracious, heart felt "Thank You". Big smiles all round.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

8 year pay freeze

Oversight, working for voters not Ealing Council

I was an elected Councillor and therefore did not work directly for the Council as such. The main problem is that as a Councillor you are part-time and have to have full-time work elsewhere. This means arranging appointments with Council officers is difficult

Landscape Management

A typical day would start at the office typing up contracts for the contractors to implement. This would involve inspection of all parks areas and the work carried out to the specification. Drawing up the new Contracts, liaising with members of the public, including taking service calls were all things required to be carried out on any given day. I learned how to negotiate at Client/ Contractor meetings and with the other specialty areas such as Arboriculture, Landscape Architects, the Conservation Section and other departments within the council such as Housing, Schools and Highways. The hardest part of the job was preparing detailed documents for a particular project, which then is not implemented due to cutbacks. Being involved in some major landscape projects was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Not being stuck behind the desk all the time.

Cons

Council cutbacks affecting the quality of work

first work role in British social services - excellent and supportive team

Assessment of young adults with physical disabilities and the writing of care plans was time consuming but with resources available it was good to know that clients needs would be met Excellent team spirit and supportive managers contributed greatly to my adjustment in the British system.

Pros

supportive team and small case loads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ealing Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement