EARLY YEARS

EARLY YEARS Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

A very good place to work, the staff were welcoming and friendly. The children had lots of fun, and staff knew exactly how to benefit the children's education.

Fun and engaging

Great fun so rewarding. Good culture with great work life balance Good benefits and working hours I was working for a private client looking after two young children

I would like to work in a productive and fun environment

I am looking forward to inspiring others to be the best at what they do. I am proud to be in a position to share my knowledge and understanding with other. Knowing I have helped them to realise their dream is extremely rewarding.

amazing manager

best nursery ive worked in. great management, the girls that are employed are always great at their jobs. the children have so many resources to help them develop and grow

High energy trying to create solid foundation

A typical day at work requires a person to of had adequate rest. Caring for children requires lots of energy,participation and interaction,this is a must in order to be a part of a child's world.Children are continuously learning from their environment and especially from the adults who care for them.It is always important to be aware of ones behaviour and attitude around children. Management should adhere to recognise the hard work and dedication of front line staff. Children are unique and come from all types of backgrounds. Therefore it goes without saying that rightly or wrongly there will be many learnt types of behaviours which have been transferred to children which will then be transferred to the carers of children. Working in partnership with parents and valuing their input has become a big part of the workplace culture. This goes along way to ensuring a child's individual needs are prioritised. However the hardest part of the job in an Early Years setting is keeping up with the paper work. Less and less time seems to be spent interacting with children, as more time is spent carrying out daily observations on children. Satisfaction and a real sense of achievement comes when children run with their arms open wide towards you, this indicates to me that they are happy and I have sense that I must be doing something right.

Pros

Acquiring new knowledge everyday

fun

An enjoyable place to work as everyday is different and there are always new challenges to overcome so it is never boring. The staff do a great job at overcoming these challenges in an effective way.

fun workplace

loved working here with the children, and helping them have fun and learn new thing I also enjoyed helping new children settle into their new environment and make new friends.

Pros

lunch

Cons

judgmental staff

nursery assistant

It is an amazing qualifications and lets me do the job that I have always loved to do. It is always different in the job ever single day but it is so rewarding.

Enjoyable atmosphere and children

Greet the children and parents, registration is time to have a chat to the children about things they have been doing. Observations on the children whilst playing alongside them if invited. I have learnt a tremendous amount of knowledge surrounding the learnning and development of children and working alongside families in Early Years. The hardest part of the job is the paper work management are requiered to complete. Helping children develop and learn by supporting them in their interests.

Pros

watching children develop

Cons

Management paper work

exciting and challenging

great place to work, fabulous learning curve and experience for working in other businesses, meeting an extensive range of people in a varied range of settings, learning and developing skills daily.

Pros

challenging and each day different

Cons

enjoyed the courses they were running

I joined the parent sure start team and supported the creche. I undertook a number of courses to help me in my career development I learnt good communication skills, hold meetings and stress busting skill.

Pros

training courses

Cons

part time

Fun Workplace

I attended a lot of training courses and thoroughly enjoyed my time working here. I am now currently looking for somewhere to continue my qualification.

worked in different settings so got to learn different roles within early learning practices.

My typical day would be to plan and organsie activities for chidren aged from 2-5 years, planning and keeping recorded information, observations and learning journals on keychildren. Making sure that the children learnt in a happy and safe environment. I worked hard and enjoyed beening a part of the team bringning ideas and meeting new challages.

Pros

lived local

first placement

Fun place to work, lovely children, parents and co workers. Was able to progress from nursery assistant on training to nursery nurse.

Pros

local

facepaced enviroment

here I have learnt about customer service and how to reach set targets. it is a fast paced environment working quickly and effectively.

Pros

location

Fun, Productive

I enjoyed this work experience, I loved working with the people who were open minded, non judgemental, and were happy, kind people to be around.

Fun Workplace

I enjoyed working at early years as I had a good bound with the young children. I enjoyed playing games and reading them books. I learnt how to keep the children happy as in reading books, playing games and going outside. The hardest part of this job was watching a young child cry as I wasn't able to make sure they was ok as this was only work experience I'd have to refer back to a teacher. My most enjoyable part of the job was making pancakes and sat with the young child watching them learn how to butter there pancakes and put a limited amount of sugar onto there pancake. I enjoyed this placement a lot as it boosted my confidence a lot as I got great feedback from the teachers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EARLY YEARS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement