East Cheshire NHS Trust

East Cheshire NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Bullying culture accepted, no management support. Stressful working conditions, staff are overworked and under-valued. Poor management support, some element of current NHS budget constraints evident. The working conditions have not improved in recent years within Health Visiting and in fact work-life balance is not good.
Staff are not treated well in this organisation. I was treated very unfairly by this trust and lost my job through no fault of my own despite nine years loyal service. I felt that because I wasn’t “dancing to senior managements tune” any more, I became surplus to requirements despite saving the trust a lot of money by going above and beyond my pay grade and training other members of staff to carry out various diagnostic testing!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management staff shortages
good employer excellent benefits hours of working good with life balance good support from management and encouraged to take education further and supported with this
All wards and departments are very busy. A small hospital that provides services to a broad demographic. Mornings are very hectic particularly if you work in elective surgical admissions. Very fast paced. Generally a friendly place to work although more support from the management is required especially when discharging to admit. Positive feedback needs to improve to maintain staff morale. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the gratitude of the patients before, during and after treatment and discharge.
Pros
staff camaraderie
Cons
more team work required
A great place to learn new skills and challenge yourself. Jobs within healthcare are extremely rewarding, and the hospital itself is extremely welcoming!
Pros
NHS benefits, enhancements, discounts
Very good hospital to work with also Friendly staff and environment.A clean and attractive facilities for the staff and visitors.The parking areas not enough.
Would recommend anyone to look elsewhere so short staffed now and cutting so many corners it’s scary. They are trying to save money to such an extent it’s causing staff to breakdown and affecting patient care.
Pros
Free flu jab!
Cons
See above
backstabbing culture, bullying, low pay, low moral, poor conditions, uninspiring management, over stretched resources, no job satisfaction, feels like no job security,
There was a lot of work to do and it was very well organised but the environment was too serious. The hours were very long but if you were productive you excelled in the job.
Very busy role, demanding fast paced environment. I learnt a lot about the NHS and the pressures that they face daily. There are some great very dedicated hard working people that are employed by the NHS.
Cons
Excellent working environment and supportive management. The role is varied and completed under tight timescales to high accuracy levels. Working as part of a strong team.
Pros
Flexible working environment.
After being a patient throughout the years & working in a hospital environment as well l can see the downslide at the East Cheshire Trust. A terrible place to work if you have a mind of your own. Managers who have no work ethic apart from 'Do as l say & not as l do'. Wards are dirty & have bits of paper stuck to the walls everywhere with messages from managers with little kissy kissy marks at the end of them. No professionalism. Not a nice place to work anymore
Pros
Met some nice people
Cons
Managers & Matrons doing as little as possible
Typical day is working amongst disorganised chaos due to lack of staff, No Admin Clerk!?!, lack of knowledge about the photocopier, papers filed in different areas of both workrooms used by same team of Therapists, lack of knowledge with the new Emis database. I've learnt I am very easy going as I never felt daunted by any of the above. Had the opportunity to be paid for what I do, but management had to follow recruiting criterias, instead of staff's recommendations (ME!!! Haha) Love every member of the team I work with and feel very much part of the team. Hardest part of job is seeing co-workers upset and stressed by their job and not being paid overtime from 2 months back!?! Most enjoyable part of job is working as part of a fantastic team of ladies who make me very welcomed every day I work, and also I'm enhancing my skill sets which will support my job searches/applications.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Fantastic Team, Good Work Experience
Cons
Not being promoted to 'Paid' Worker
Very busy office with varying day to day tasks. Enjoy the support and hard work from the people I work with.
Pros
Extra holidays for long service
Cons
Tiers of management
A great company to work for with many training opportunities.
I work a basic 9 hour day. It is extremely busy and demanding position but one that I enjoy. I work hard and am honest and reliable. I am able to work on my own initiative or as part of a productive team.
I was working as an auxillary nurse or HCA on the nurse bank at Macclesfield general hospital. It was not a perminant position, hence my scoring of 1 star for job security/advancement. I wanted a perminant position within my role to have guranteed hours, but due to my children & commitments I could not work the necessary shifts to gain a perminant role, which left me not being able to get my children to school or collect them afterwards. I needs a part time position which allows me to do this, I cannot work evening or weekends.
Pros
i enjoy caring for & helping people, working within the hospital is interesting too.
Cons
shift pattens