EAST DURHAM COLLEGE

EAST DURHAM COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great staff and good friendly industry to work in. They are very helpful and supportive. They always make sure that they get the hole potential out of all clients.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
In East Durham College, the staff are very caring and easy to get to know, lovely people to talk to. I learned you won’t get far in life if you don’t try, practice makes perfect.
Pros
easy to get to know people, get along with people, make new friends, cooperate
Cons
Very welcoming environment Especially for trainee teachers and support staff I am currently learning a lot from the staff there, they all have lots of experience
East Durham college was not for me , this is why I’m wanting a job instead. I didn’t like the students as I’m outgoing and funny and everyone else was always miserable and I’d rather be around outgoing people like myself
I enjoyed being a student teacher here, its the college I have always been part of ever since I left school in 2013. Provided me with a friendly, safe environment to work in and develop my teaching skills. The students were excellent with me and always provided top quality pieces. The staff were also very helpful looking after me and helping me learn things along the way.
Small college with progress for learners and enjoyable place to work Teaching and assessing from 14-19 learners with a range of courses catered for all types of learners
Their is some amazing opportunities to meet some animals you may never have thought u would have met, so many different animals and you get the chance to work with them all. Most of the animals you are able to handle and they are well behaved as long as you know what you are doing and confident obviously their is risks but if you are confident in what it is you are doing ,handle correctly and try and ensure the animal it can trust you your probably safe. You learn some amazing things and staff are really good too.
Pros
Lunch, drinks
Cons
learned so much in performing arts because dancing was the thing I wanted to do in the future I enjoyed some of my course work I had to do and some of the dance performances I had to do in the college or outside of college but with my college people. I also enjoyed doing drama at college.
Pros
dance performances
Cons
music course work
A typical day at East Durham, is filled with work and many tasks. I learned plenty of new things which I had never even heard of before, which could also help in the near coming future.
Good to brush up on IT skills and get experience in the office enviroment was a computer and call advisor learning course with interview techniques and completed numeracy and arithmetic from level 1 to level 3.
ok to work for lots of friendly staff and students, always something going on, learnt alot of new skills along the way mnost enjoyable part the staff and friends
For east Durham college I never really worked with the customers as I was always in the kitchens but the environment was good because we all would communicate with eachother and the job was an easy one. The hardest part was learning to make a new recipe for a new dish but you would learn eventually. The management was good because they would talk us through our role and they would give us any help we would require.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Difficult
The college have helped me achieve hands on experience in construction work, I have ganed excellent hands on skills with tools and materials, the team skills and teachers advise really helps and is a great help for working with electrical cables and working as a team all together.
Pros
Amazing new skills
Cons
No salary
Overall it was the best days ever. Practical was fun and theory was good. I cant fault this work place. The management is brill all
I enjoyed scripting a radio advert which allowed me to be creative and get involved in a media platform I have never had any experience in before. It also allowed me to meet new people and become more of a thinking media worker.
Some days it was busy some times it was really quiet. I learned a lot while I was there I learned to ale loads of dishes I've never made before . Management was good . I got on well with my co- workers. The hardest part of the job was when there wasn't many people in and it was busy . The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good place to work in .
Pros
Sometimes got free food
Cons
When it was busy and there was only 1-4 people in .
East Durham college is a very relaxed but stable workplace environment. During my time at East Durham College I really enjoyed working alongside with the employees. East Durham College is a very professional workplace and I have nothing but positive feedback.
Pros
Free Lunches, New Friends
there is always plenty to do although I did this while I was doing my education I was a new experience which kept me on my feet
I found it very helpful and I enjoyed the hands on experience during my time at East Durham College. The main part of the course I enjoyed was keeping fit and active along with learning the technical aspects of sport science.
I learnt how to deal with customers and find out what their needs were, and how you could help them the best way you could! It was a fun place to work and i loved working with my colleagues and learning with every aspect i could. I completed all tasks that were asked and was always up for new projects through out the job.
Pros
full time work, good salary
I had to make sure the horses were brought in and out of the field. I learnt how to ride a horse and how to care for one. The management of it was excellent they told you if you did anything wrong and told you how to do it better . The hardest part of the job was to make sure that you had given the correct horse the right medicine. The most enjoyable part was learning how to ride the horse.
Pros
something that i enjoyed