East Park

East Park Employee Reviews

Internship

Limited experience although I worked hard. A new position and a bit 'all over the place' however glad I had the experience. Brilliant work carried out there. Staff amazing. My experience is only linked to the fact it was a new position and any difficulties experienced by me were down to inexperience and lack of clarity of the role. A tough employer but has to be. The children are cared for and taught by real professionals. Glad to have had the time there.

Bullying culture

Working at Eastpark was nothing like I expected. Minus a few fully qualified staff it was mainly full of people who were inexperienced and thought they knew it all ( in reality they knew nothing) management were aware of the situation and done nothing. It has a high staff turnover, management blame the challenges of the job but the reality is that there is a bullying culture within the team. A few staff members mock other staff in front of management and nothing is done. A horrible place to work, do not recommend it

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Inexperienced staff

disorganized and chaotic

This workplace was disorganized in its management, training, and ordering. the schedules were unpredictable and the owners employ their children who are not expected to uphold the same quality as the rest of the employees. I saw many employees fired for no visible reason while other employees who they favored were kept on even with a much lower standard of work. They do not care about their employees well being or safety.

Inclusive Workplace

My experience at East Park has been amazing. After working there for years obviously I have had some bad days at work... but overall I would 100% recommend working at East Park. The collaboration between staff and security and management is phenomenal. I have made connections at East Park that I will keep forever and may even benefit me in the future. The hardest part of the job was defiantly leaving at the end of the season each year.

Pros

Amazing discounts for staff and half price for up to 3 guests.

Cons

Since it is a golf course and it is only open in the summer and fall so it is hard to get time off.

Excellent

Working here at the moment with no issues an excellent company with lots of training and progressions. Management and staff support you in your daily role working with the young people

More for teenagers looking for summer job

Most regular staff are friendly but management can often act sporadic which can put their staff in stressful situations. My understanding is that many people in managment will be leaving the park or are having their jobs rearranged to make the work flow easier between management and workers.

Cons

Management struggles with time management and directing staff.

Fun and positive environment

Worked together to maintain a healthy balance between having a good time and enjoying work to working together and going above what needed to get done for the day and prepping for the week to come.

Security job with no authority

Worked at East Park for two summers as a Security Personnel. It was great at first, especially if you never worked security before. After a while, I noticed that the GM likes to take too much control by not letting you have some say and never has your back, when something happens. Felt like a prisoner, by not able to show what I can do as a team member. The head of security was a great person to work with. Working security there is not working security there.

Pros

Coworkers were nice, free golf and karts as an employee, no overnight shift

Cons

Not good pay, General Manager is a control freak and micromanage too much, no respect from the owner, no job security, no authority to do what needed to be done

Fun and easy place to work

Very welcoming environment. Staff is friendly and welcoming as well. Water park staff are knowledgeable and engaged in their work. Would recommend for young staff to apply.

Rewarding and fun

East Park has a great work environment which supports a happy lifestyle. I have learned management skills from being the shift leader and decision making skills on whether to call in the "on call" or not. The job was very rewarding because it was enjoyable talking to customers and their day would be brightened up after they rode the go-karts.

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Work in hot weather around loud go-karts

Jobs at East Park

See more jobs

fun activities needs more staff

Tried to run fun events for the the staff such as a water park day and foot golf tournaments. Often didn't schedule enough staff members needed to run the park.

Pros

fun events

Cons

long hours not enough people working

East Park Culture

East Park has a wonderful culture. Management and owners there have been phenomenal. You learn new skills you may not learn in retail or fast food. The hours of operation are great for working all summer and very minimal throughout the year. However these hours aren't for everyone.

Enjoyable work environment if one like to work outside.

If you like working outside this is a good place. Furthermore, it is a positive environment for both customer and employee. The hardest part of the job is that you need good time management skills and self-efficiency. To some people having no manager breathing down your neck all the time may be a good thing but to others, they may take it as an opportunity to slack off.

Quick pace working environment

On a typical day I would assist the children in their daily tasks which would include their house chores, attending school, helping them with their homework and listening to and assisting them with any queries. Co workers all helpful and was key to be able to work well within a team. The hardest pat of the job was when a child was upset or in pain, and the most enjoyable part of the job was when the children were happy and felt safe.

customer sservice representative and short order cook

I enjoyed the staff and working hear, although I did not get as many hours as I had hoped for. It was not organized very well when dealing with customers, and they were not willing to adjust in order to keep the customers happy.

Enjoyable and Fun

It was a very organized day behind the counter, always enough staff to get the job done, the manager and supervisors were always there to help. it definitely got busy but it was something everyone who was trained could deal with.

Pros

good employee deals

Cons

not enough hours, very loud inside intencity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Park. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement