East of England Ambulance Service Trust

East of England Ambulance Service Trust Employee Reviews

Managers are bullies. Hard work no thanks. Constant pressure from managers No home life balance. No support. Poor training Other staff good to work with and try to support each other.
Pros
Pension and job security
Cons
Stressful poor managers
I've worked for EEAST for just over 5 years now and I absolutely love it. Yeah some days are cr*p like any job, but 99% of the time it's great. I've met some lovely people, people I hope will be friends for life. Its not an easy job, some days are difficult, but if it was easy all the time I would be bored.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Turnover of staff
Worst place I’ve worked. Bullying claims are real and takes place on a daily basis. Managers who can’t manage but only micro manage by intimidating and confrontational behaviour. No appreciation. Lack of support. Poor leadership. Appalling team management.
Pros
Each day comes to an end
Cons
Everything. Do not recommend!
I enjoyed my temporary job with the East of England Ambulance service while I was there I did electronic tagging onto the ambulance equipment on board the ambulances
Pros
No pressure from the job
Cons
There were no cons
Management shockingly bad, unsupportive, never respond to emails or complaints. Bullying culture. Very long hours. Stressful job made enough more stressful by management team.
Pros
The drive home
Cons
Everything about the place.
Management needs to change, not enough support for MH or home life problems that could also effect work life, do not work as a team. Working environment is very uncomfortable, lots of groups of people that bully.
Pros
Unsocial pay
Cons
Need more support, bullys in workplace
All that paramedic profession entails but ambulance based. This is the world of pre-hospital care and blue lights, rarely have two jobs alike and you will experience and take part in the best and most tragic parts of people's lives. Not for the faint hearted but, definitely for people wanting to make a difference for it's own reward.
I worked here as part of the HR team. Unfortunately I was horribly bullied by another HR person, which my team were ineffective in providing protection from. Just within HR there were multiple cases of long term sickness, bullying and even a suicide when someone was badly supported on their return to work from long term sick. I was told that as I was an HR person I should be able to fix the bullying without my managers help. I was left in an increasingly fragile state. If it hadn't been for the support of 3 non-HR managers, I really think that I wouldnt have survived either. I eventually resigned as I was so distressed at the frankly hideous working environment, that there were no other options. This employer just truly sucks. There is pressure to not do anything proactive (as "it risks job losses if we look like we have spare time"). It is the most toxic, angry and unpleasant environment. People take the pressures out on each other and you will most likely be put in the position of having to turn a blind eye to medical errors/avoidable deaths. If you want to work for the NHS, there are other organisations which will have less risk in terms of your survival. Please dont think that it will be different for you. They will sap all joy out of your life.
Frustrating job as every one is passing the bucket. Doesn't matter if you are university trained or unqualified staff, everyone is taking most patients to hospital just to protect their job. No support from management and to get promoted it is about who you know (or how good looking you are) not what you know. Very corrupted and crazy hours plus always finishing at least an hour late and
My team was fab not sure if it’s the same with all others. I was non emergency and liked the people I worked with and they had been there some time. Although some days could drag
You will love this job to start with, the thrill of driving on blue lights the buzz of trying to save a poorly patients life. Due to volume of work there is no time for decompression between jobs and burn out is high. The average front line career length is now approximately 5 years.
Given the impression in training that it’s fab, supportive etc. On only my second shift with a mentor I fell apart, burst into tears and left. It’s really hard at first using a script and using three screens. I was expected to remember every single icon and was constantly put under pressure to go faster from my third call, whilst my mentor sat there stuffing donuts, sweets, bagels, McDonald’s or whatever other food had been delivered
Very badly run and terrible management that have no concern over your well being or work life balance. Any complaints or grievances that you officially enter are never auctioned especially when it comes to bullying. A whole new management clear out is needed and listen to the staff.
My role involved the maintenance of the Rostering Database (GRS). I became a qualified trainer for the GRS Software Package. Recently Restructured Management Chain The Organisation has a strong focus on operational effectiveness. Constant Deadlines Variety of work streams
It is rewarding being able to help people especially when it is usually when they are at their lowest point in their lives. The public are grateful for your help.
It's a shame as it could be a good place to work, but unfortunately there is no managerial support what ever grade you are, apart from other on the road colleagues. No staff morale. Career progression is hard unless you what to be a manager and you face has to fit. Difficult to understand the different job roles they have as they keep changing them and expecting staff to have portfolios completed after requirements being changed. keep pushing pay boundaries further away from qualified staff. The only positive is that you get to meet some lovely people and patients.
For a care organisation the management certainly do not care for their staff. So many rules and time regulations. Only get 30 minutes break in a twelve hour shift. You finish one to two hours late every shift.
Pros
Being paid
Cons
Too many to mention
You are purely be a number, a bum on a seat.Lip service only is paid to staff welfare matters. Leave requests are repeatedly refused due to poor staffing levels. little and no career progression within the organisation if your not a paramedic. Your rest break of 45 minutes in a 12 hour shift are repeatedly interrupted for non life threatening calls that are hours old. If your a bully or incompetent usually both you’ll be promoted it’s certainly not done on merit or ability. If you leave nobody cares AVOID AT ALL COSTS
The unhappiest I’ve been in my entire working career. Childish behaviour. You may be on the phone trying to calm down a mother that has just found their son hanging and have your supportive ‘team’ laughing, and messing about whilst dishing out McDonalds all behind you whilst the script you’ve been trying to read has gone to pot. Talking of script. It’s all scripted. Never EVER deviate from the script. It is audited. You’ll be on a warning if you do. Do what you’re told and never speak your mind. You’ll feel harassed from the moment you log on until you log off twelve hours later. You’ll be abused on the phone. I’m all for the odd drunk shouting and swearing at me but this is relentless. I’ve dealt with the most heartbreaking calls and it’s impossible to always leave it at the door. There’s no buffer. There’s a beep in your ear and you might be speaking to the same person who’s phoned 60 times that day already or hearing someone take their last breath. The money for what you do is terrible. I should probably just go and work in Lidl.
Pros
Help people
Cons
No one cares.
The stress of this jobs is too much but the lack of support from managers is awful. Very much a blame culture control room, soneone always wanting to blame the call handler ! This place nearly broke me ....
Cons
I can unreservedly recommend not working in EEAST IT. I have not found any other organisation where bullying, harassment, intimidation, micromanagement, emotional and verbal abuse are all part of the exclusive package. You get it all here. Don’t worry about training or self development either, you won’t get any. If you are a self starter who can manage work flexibly and have a can do attitude then this place can offer nothing for you, there is no flexibility, it is over-bureaucratic and attending pointless meetings and writing endless reports is far more important than doing any real work. It is not all bad though, the management will back each other up and close ranks quicker than you can say dignity at work. Be assured that any complaints will be thoroughly covered up and you will be down the job centre in no time. Another bonus is that this ethos does not just stop within IT, the culture is openly ignored all the way to exec level too. Don’t hesitate to not apply straight away!
Pros
NHS pay and benefits
Cons
No flexibility, abusive and controlling management, toxic culture including bullying, harassment and intimidation, no support, no training, no career progression, bureaucratic, absolutely no trust.