Eastern Airways

Eastern Airways Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews

Hard work but fun

Good group of engineers. Alays ready to have a laugh, but hard working at the sametime. Biggest downside is the lack of spares and the fact that management and accounting do not understand that they have to spend money to get spares!!!!

Horrendously disorganised

Very disorganised, hard to believe they are an operating airline sometimes. Outdated policy’s, constantly changing their mind about what they are doing, cancelling flights, cancelling routes, closing bases etc

Insights into Eastern Airways

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Toxic Place to work

If you have a chance to work somewhere else then please do, if you don't want to be in control of your life then this is the place.Constant changes to your working pattern, never expect to be able to go home on time, and make sure you love to work extra for no money what so ever.

Cons

Long Hours, constant changes, maximum days in a row, never allowed to take holidays when you ask for them.

Badly managed with no respect for front line staff

Very poor management decisions. Lack of support for staff from any level. Poor moral. Poor treatment during and after shifts, such as being ignored when trying to contact the relevant departments.

Pros

Job itself was fun with interesting places to fly

Cons

Bad management, Poor rosters, Favortisitim from management, poor pay

1980 culture

It is like stepping back in time to the 1980’s There is a bullying culture at this company. Smoking in the work place is over looked. Not the most professional experience.

run of the mill place. no back up from managment

could be a good company with the right management. incompetent management who only looked after themselves and gave no support or back up to their employees. Wasted thousands of pounds to save pennies with knee jerk reactions to situation and very poor communication.

brillient place to work

I really enjoyed working for Eastern airways as a workshop engineer but was sadly made redundant, I worked for the company for 10 years, everyone who worked there was very friendly

Pros

good salary and service pay and the hours

Cons

not enough overtime

Good company to work for

Good company to work for with health benefits. I have enjoyed my time with the company unfortunately they are moving out of self handling so it is time to move on

Pros

Health care benefits

Cons

Can be late nightd

Good managment, fun workplace.

A work day is never the same, very dynamic environment.Excellent management that are very understanding and accommodating. Fun place to work. An enjoyable job.

Good experience single cabin crew

Good experience flying on Embraer as a single cabin crew. Lots of responsibility, being responsible of 50 passengers, safety on board - love my job take care and being helpful with passengers.

Poor Management

A typical day working on the Ramp was usually enjoyable dealing with various aircraft and equipment to ensure the safe and efficient turnaround of flights. Management was poor with little information. No or limited opportunities to progress. Staff redundancies followed.

Exciting environment

My work experience at Eastern Airways taught me the ropes to a variety of different areas within the industry, all workers were welcoming were highly helpful and teaching me about their specialties. Overall the experience was enjoyable and encourage me to wan to peruse a career in the industry.

Good company spoiled

Good company to work with. Great team of staff who were always under rated. A company is only as good as their work force and must be a two way process.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long Hours and being available 24/7

Eastern Airways

I enjoyed working here for the short time I was there. I especially enoyed the first part of the role where I was uploading documents onto the data room.

Pros

Website Design

job description

I was part of a team responsible for meeting incoming aircraft and offloading and loading of bags. also the safe turnaround of aircraft. I also worked 2 shift patterns and was part of de-icing team.

Pros

great work colleagues

Cons

bad weather

Fun work place, advancement easily achievable

There was no such thing as a typical day's work, as anyone within civil aviation maintenance will tell you. From entering to what appears to be a 'normal' day's work, can soon descend into being pulled 20 different ways, on 10 different subjects. Whilst requiring the ability, and skills to ensure the decisions made, and information given was correct and most of all compliant with safety regulations.

Pros

Amazing learning curve

Cons

Low salary benefits, many false promises

Busy and varied roles

I thoroughly enjoyed working for Eastern airways, they were a great company, with a good management team, and some very good engineers. There was never one day the same as another, maintenance tasks would vary substantially.

great place

great place to work fun and friendly learned loads co workers were great own office and loved the environment in the hanger

Pros

friendly

Good working enviroment.

Interesting and varied work roles each day. A very good enthusiastic skilled work force.

Pros

Good commuting distance from home

Cons

Long hours, salary.

Busy workplace

Eastern Airways was a pressured workplace.Learnt a lot now ready for a new challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Airways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement