Eastern Western Motor Group

Eastern Western Motor Group Employee Reviews

Oppressive working environment with poor quality management. They try to rule by abuse and fear. All the recruitment blurb about a family business that care couldn't be further from the truth, they only care about reporting figures nothing else. They are closed to any progress or ideas unless they can claim them. The Franchise Principal runs on ego. The HR department have no confidentiality and report all to the "Powers That Be". So don't feel that fairness will be exercised. On the up side they are not that astute or not as astute as they think they are in my opinion. Staff are bullied and humiliated and when it is reported to HR, it is played down and blamed on these staff members not being up to the job. Sales meetings are just the blame game to cover up poor management. There are some very good employers within the motor trade, this isn't one of them in my opinion. The Furlough Scheme there was made play of by boasting 100% pay for staff, this was for 1 month then they took back 1 weeks holiday pay to cover it and then played on it ever since . Strangely enough they never mentioned that they themselves as a company were receiving business support funding from the Government at an average of their last 3 years returns and the furlough pay also. Really, do yourself a favor and find a position with another company.
Pros
They cant see past themselves and trip up all the time
Cons
Walking through the door every day
Worked here for nearly 2 years. Good team and my boss is supportive. Coped well during the pandemic thought my job was at risk but they really looked after us well. Have refered a friend of mine last month and she is enjoying it too.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Hours can be long but I am well paid
Not getting paid correctly not interested just want add on sales , please stay away it is the worst place I ever worked, working hours so long, pile on more work that you dont have time to do, I have worked for 30 years and thus was the worse months if my career
Cons
No flexibility or compassion shown if personal problems.Managers were bullies and spoke to me like something they had stood in. Never been made to feel so low in my 25 year working life!Treated like school kids. Management didn't like different departments mixing and didn't like you being friendly with colleagues outside of work.Very poor hourly pay. Only decent wage due to having to work long hours, every other Saturday and bonus scheme.So glad I left when I did. Still work within the motor trade but working less hours, getting paid alot more and treated like a proper human being!
Pros
Met a few nice people who have also now left!
Cons
Everything else. Avoid this company if you can.
Always made to feel unappreciated no matter what the outcome, company is still in the past, top line managers looked after but below that watch out. Who's checking the checker?!!! HR dept needs to be looked at many staff left due to the bullying manageress. The family run theme is just that and nothing more, they couldn't care less about your family. Targets are the only thing that matters.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Not family friendly
A Very poor working atmosphere with constant pressure none of which is recognised. Staff are expendable and a negative culture is prevalent daily The management run the departments with a negative dictatorial approach. There are some very good companies in this sector this isn’t one in my opinion. Avoid this company read the other reviews this should make my point they can’t all be wrong. This my opinion but I have experienced this company , to save you from having to.
Pros
Applying for a new job
Cons
The negative culture that exists
After many loyal years supporting the company unfortunately no support though COVID-19 no updates when asked told "I Don't have that information" all other staff returned doing overtime and achieving bonus while I was left on 80% wage when asked told "not enough work to return".... other's feel the same but scared to speak out for been shot down for speaking out, many other employees constantly say they want to leave, made to feel that I was not wanted in the company I gave a lot of my time and effort to and went above and beyond serval time's to help just to be hung out and made to leave thats what 4years almost 5 gets you!(worked here for 3.5years before this returned as it was a good place to work)There are no systems in place, huge warranty issues charge excessive amounts to customers for small jobs this once was a fantastic place to work and unfortunately has gone down hill! large staff turn over because how they are treated made to feel insignificant and unappreciated only focus on the top line keep silent and work no laughter allowed. Horrible atmosphere constantly blaming other people for issues, As mentioned this was a great place but no longer!
Pros
Good diagnostic equipment/some staff are fantastic
Cons
Poor management/100% target driven
Great run family owned company, they care about you and want you to succeed. Nice modern showrooms with a great head office for training. Good benefits such as vouchers or cycle to work scheme😊
Pros
Good salary and incentives
Cons
6 day week
Extremely target driven, you should give everything 24/7 and spend as much time at world as possible, having a personal life is not acceptable. There are rewards but they come with great cost.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Lots
Only interested in ripping customers off. Management think they something else and try to speak to there staff in the most horrific way. Work load and expectations are never ending, never appreciated. No work life balance due to working hours and can never seem to leave on time. Due to management having no interest in anything other than making money, The list just goes on
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Under staffed, bad management, lack of appreciation
Management attitude is we have always done it this way so it must be right, and if we keep saying we're the best we will convince everybody we are. The management are so far dettached from reality its scary. Company paid off all probationers and new starts post covid. Deserve no loyalty. hardworking
Pros
New workshop with good heating
Cons
Want experienced competent technicians to work for fastfit salaries
RIP customers off and add hours and parts to bills that don’t get done. No flexibility for appointments if you need time off. Absolutely awful place to work and just get rid of you.
Working here has so many opportunities and such variations of different jobs, once you're within this business you have loads of chances to move about within the business.
A poor company who treat people like dirt. They actively rip customers off & take pride in doing so especially on selling cars with a huge margin on used cars that are not prepared to the correct standard
First class Company to work for. I put in the effort and was rewarded very well. Progression was always available and I went quickly through the ranks once I had proven my ability and dedication to my positions. Very fair.
Management dont have a clue what happens in place more interested in figures. Some staff got payed off with no notice and with no reason. Rip customers of by adding work that doesn't need doing. Terrible working hours. Company has drastically went downhill over the years. Most unorganised place I have ever worked.
So disorganised and chaotic, staff have no clue what is going or where cars/keys actually are. Management constantly complaining. Sales team do whatever they want. No career Advancement or pay increase. The working area is a health hazard. All about quantity over quality HR department is a joke. Never any thanks given for doing over whats expected. Unreasonable workload, always adding more at the last moment. Unpaid sick pay. Fully realise what a shambles the place is now that i have a new job.
Pros
Holidays, Reasonable hours, Good laugh with the valet team
Cons
Everything else
I started with the company as parts manager and was full of great expectations after attending the staff induction and hearing all the employee benefits etc. I should have realised there was a problem after hearing the previous members of staff had left the company at the same time. This added to the problem due to a lack of systems training when i arrived. I brought with me a parts advisor who i had worked with in the past. The induction had stated if you refer a new member of staff into the company you will receive a bonus. (this doesn't apply to managers) (Child care vouchers no longer apply also) .After working a couple of Saturdays i asked how to log my hours and was told i would not receive any overtime as im a managers and on a salary! This was not mentioned during my interview (My advisor however would recieve paid overtime) .As my travel time was 50mins each way i opted to take the company car for the first month. Do your research as this usualy doesnt work out cost effective after considering the tax implications. My management "Salary" was so poor that after the advisor had been paid for overtime he almost came away with the same wages as me. The daily demands quickly began to grow to an unrealistic level along with weekly management meetings generally lasting over an hour. (10mins would suffice) No one seemed to know what the systems and procedures should be as basic errors were happening daily. The department had been neglected since the other members of staff had left and a backlog of basic problems needed attention before moving forward with demands of hitting - more...
Pros
Coffee and sugar are free. (Bring your own milk)
Cons
VERY long hours 11 hours due to my travel time.VERY high demands.undervalued, low "Salary" No overtime"
Great Leadership Financillay secure,family owned business, where staff matter Fantastic facilities and best in class training Best staff in the industry work here
As above. Superb people and culture. If you work hard and are good at what you do you will earn very good money and become part of the family. Genuine people from top to bottom.
Pros
Superb working environment.
Cons
There are none.
Terrible management and awful/negative atmosphere in workplace. Staff literally terrified of Senior Manager and they knew this and took full advantage of it. Incorrect wages/commission not paid to staff by management and no notice given. Staff would not go to HR due to repercussions. No structure, poor training and no support offered. They'll bleed you dry and give nothing back, not even a thank you. Unreasonable workload Poor holiday allowance Unpaid sick pay Unpaid lunch break that was still grudgingly given. No career prospects No pay increase/salary review in whole time I worked there and this was 7+years. It's only now that I've left and found other employment that I realise how badly staff are treated and how unacceptable it was.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Bad management, long hours, no support, no structure, poor pay, witheld wages and commission with no prior notice, unachievable targets, ridiculous workload.