Eastleigh Borough Council logo
Eastleigh Borough Council

Eastleigh Borough Council Employee Reviews

Wages paid on time and good amount. Need more communication between departments, some things seem to take a long time to be sorted out. Overall happy with my job

Read your contract

Worked for ebc for over 15 years, was a fun friendly place to work, now a cold very corporate place with bad management. Please read your contract carefully before you sign.

Relaxed Environment

Working at Eastleigh was in a very relaxed environment and for the time i was there, the council seemed to be good to its employees e.g. with wage, flexitime etc.

Flexi Time is a great benefit

Flexi time is an additional way to take time away from work without requesting annual leave. The departments are not always trained to the best of the their abilities.

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

Not a great opportunity for progression.

Very corporate council

What used to be a lovely place to work for us just like any other corporate company . Lack of staff retention, staff expected to deliver several jobs for one salary is the norm now.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Low salaries, lack of career progression

A wonderful place to work

Friendly staff and a variety of great projects. A brilliant place to learn, develop and forge friendships for life. Some long hours required, but plentiful job satisfaction.

I thoroughly enjoy working for Eastleigh Borough Council and have grown and development tremendously while working here.

Educational and inspiring

Providing one to one support for children with learning disabilities is very rewarding. Constantly working with these children on a day to day basis has developed my understanding of their needs and educational development. This job has provided me with opportunities to converse with professionals such as Educational Psychologists and Physiotherapists which has improved my insight in helping these children. The hardest part of my job was that the pay was not ideal for the work that was expected. I really enjoyed engaging with children and watching the grow and learn.

Fun workplace

Everyone is very friendly and management are easy to talk to and very approachable. the environment is always welcoming and generally a great place to work.

Friendly and relaxed environment

Greeting visitors and helping and teaching them using online resources how to use a computer. Answering the telephone and taking session bookings. Entering visitor information on database on a daily basis. I have learnt new computer skills and have gained valuable customer service skills and experience. Worked as a team with manager and other co-workers, creating a relaxed and fun learning environment. Not always having the knowledge to help, but gained this as situations came about. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help a visitor achieve their objectives and when they showed their appreciation of my help in them accomplishing this. I gain great satisfaction from knowing that I have been able to help someone gain the computer skills and knowledge which will help them in their daily lives.

Pros

Friendly and Relaxed environment with opportunities for training.

Cons

Manual paperwork to be completed at time of visitor registration process.

Jobs at Eastleigh Borough Council

See more jobs

I liked working here, but there was not enough hours to support my lifestyle.

Management was great and did their best to work around my second job. Only left to pursue management training at Dominos.

A great place to work

A great public sector employer despite the current challenges. Colleagues are very supportive and opportunities abound to expand and develop your career.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Uncertainty to look into the future

Working as a councillor

This has been the most challenging and rewarding time of my life, dealing with people from all walks, being able, where possible to assist and improve and support people. During my time, I have been able to assist the homeless into homes, meet senior business leaders from across the community and even be of assistance to some, starting the "Meet the Buyer" event in Eastleigh. I have learned much about how local government works and its relationship with the community and business.

Pros

Challenging and every day different

Cons

None that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastleigh Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3