easyJet

easyJet Employee Reviews

It is ok if you enjoy poor management

Depends what department you go in to. Some departments are a very toxic environment and I can not wait to get leave. The role itself is fine and I enjoy it but the management and dictatorship is what is ruining it. You also have management filling positions with their friends.Most enjoyable part of the day is going home.

1 September 2021
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it. We'll ensure all your comments are taken on board, but we'd also suggest you speak with your line manager or HR business partner - if you haven't done so already. Thank you.

Staff worked like dogs

Work life balance is horrendous. Staff are worked like dogs. Despite continuously exemplary reports and assessments, when I gave my notice in, they didn't batter an eyelid, didn't even ask why...

Pros

Banter with passengers.

Cons

Long unsocial hours for very little pay.

1 September 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. As a responsible employer we'll be sure to take on board all of your feedback, reviewing it against future changes. We wish you all the best with your future career.

Fun, enjoyable, productive

Best company I have worked for! The mix of different shifts help with socialising. Everybody you work with are incredibly nice and very helpful, a very teamwork driven company.

Pros

Free, Breakfast, Lunch, dinner (depending on flight time)

Cons

Early starts and can be long hours.

2 August 2021
Hi. Thank you for leaving a review. We really appreciate your five star rating and your hard work at the heart of our operation. We hope you continue to enjoy your journey with us - thriving amongst our orange spirit!

Easy atmosphere

Great place to work, the company is very efficient and welcoming to new starters. They are hands down one of the best companies to work for, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

Pros

Great atmosphere

2 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review! We really appreciate it. We wish you all the best with your future career.

I worked for easyJet for 17 years most of it as a cabin manager and mostly part time after having children. It’s a great place to work. But can be tiring as early starts and late finishes but it’s great fun. I only left because of a long commute and the pandemic.

Pros

Crew, staff travel

Cons

Long hours, early starts

1 July 2021
Thank you for leaving a 5 star review. We really appreciate it. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your journey with us. We wish you all the very best with your future career.

Fast-paced and rewarding

My time at easyJet was extremely rewarding and what a great bunch of people work at the EDI base. The role is fast paced and there is high standards to follow. No 2 days are the same and the training experience was probably one of the best experiences I have had with any employer.

Pros

Fun, competitive salary, everyday is different

Cons

Long hours, tiring

What a dream job

Easyjet was one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Great fun, loads of amazing people, just not amazing job security be prepared to start on a temporary contract (6months) with the possibility it won't be continued. Pay was fantastic there is not much to fault. Perfect if you are young with no commitments

Pros

Great pay. Great colleague.

Cons

Not a secure job

One word : family

Working at Eayjet is like working with your family. Everyone cares about each other! The management is very close to the staff and always ready to hear and help. As we always said at easyjet : “we are all in it together”

Pros

Crew food onboard

Cons

Could be long days

30 April 2021
Thanks for leaving a 5 star review. We're pleased to hear you're enjoying your journey with us. We really appreciate your hard work at the heart of our operation and cannot wait until we're all back in the skies.

It's good if your face fits!

After working here for a number of years it became very clear that you would get a head of your face fits. There is a lot bullying that happens especially in the office departments. If the management took a dislike to you you'd have no chance for any type of promotion. It is a thankless company that would expect you to continually go "the extra mile" for very little gratitude. Not great job security as if you have had any sickness for any reason you'll be the first to go! The company started going seriously down hill after getting the current CEO.

Pros

Sometimes you get pizza delivery if there is disruption

Cons

Poor communication poor management

30 April 2021
Thanks for leaving a review. As a responsible employer we'll be sure to take on board your feedback for any future changes. We wish you all the very best with your future career.

A good place and good people.

I liked working there, the hours were flexible, no two weeks were the same. The people were lovely, always positive and generally very hardworking. Everyone worked as a supportive team.

Pros

Flexible week

Cons

Late nights

30 April 2021
Thank you for leaving a five star review. We really appreciate it. We wish you all the very best with your future career.

Jobs at easyJet

See more jobs

Bonne entreprise

Chez easyJet, vous avez toujours quelqu'un à l'écoute si vous avez un problème (collègues, hiérarchie, RH). L'honnêteté et la transparence sont les maîtres mots dans les relations et ça fait du bien.Environnement de travail agréable malgré les incertitudes et changements de programmes à la dernière minute inhérents au métier. La bonne humeur et la positivité de tous rendent le travail agréable.

Pros

Repas gratuits, réductions sur les vols, réductions à l'aéroport

Cons

Horaires très flexibles, travail tôt le matin/tard le soir/les week-ends

30 April 2021
Thank you for leaving a five star review. We're really pleased to see such great feedback. We wish you all the very best with your future career.

Once Aviation gets into your blood, it enpowers you to progress! Unique hours, fast paced enviroment, always on guard!

Fun, Fast paced enviroment to work in. Good team spirit to get the job done! Finishing most days, you feel a sense of achievement and job satisfaction!

Pros

Fun Enviroment to work in, good team spirit

Cons

Unique Hours, Expect the Unexpected!

12 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a 5* star review. Our Orange Spirit really is infectious and we're glad this comes through in team spirit. Here's to 2021.

Encouraging,diverse and motivating place to work

I love working at easyJet. Despite recent events and changes, it is still a great place to work. The people i work with on a daily basis are very diverse and they motivate you to be the best you can. Even though there are over 2000 crew at my home base, it is like working in a large extended family, with all the variety and diversity that includes. Management arent as good or empathetic as they used to be, but there have been a lot of changes to management so this is to be expected while they settle in to their roles. Crewing and Operations team are amazing, and usually say thank you for answering their call from standby and remember when you have done them any favours

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Long hours on occasion, Promotion could be made fairer.

12 February 2021
Hi. Thanks for your 5* review. We really appreciate your hard work at the heart of our operation and hope you continue to enjoy your journey with us.

Not seen as a person just a number

Loved the training although it was tough but when actually started flying did not feel welcome by existing employees, left the company due to Covid 19

1 February 2021
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We really appreciate it. We are sorry to hear you feel this way about your journey with us, especially when we pride ourselves on creating a warm welcome for everyone. We wish you all the best with your future career.

Competitive and fast paced. Always difficult and interesting situations to deal with in the avation industry.

Interesting from the very first dy, no day is the same as the last. If you work hard your efforts will be recognised. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Exciting.

Cons

Long hours.

A rewarding job

Every day is different to the day before as no two days are the same. Some days can be more difficult than others but a crew will pull together to get through any challenges of that whether it will be because of bad weather or a medical situation. More often than not it was a very rewarding job even though some days were longer than others depending on the destinations you were going to. You were there to give passengers as much of a comfortable experience of possible to get from their starting airport to their destination airport.

Pros

Pension, S.A.Y.E scheme, B.A.Y.E. scheme, Advancement in other departments

Cons

Could be longer hours than expected, diversions due to bad weather or medical situations

Exciting job - poor management

Being cabin crew is one of the most amazing jobs in the world in my opinion. When I joined easyJet we were all treated like one big family however ever since the start of the covid-19 pandemic, management have taken advantage of their staff by trying to change our working conditions. The company does not communicate well to their staff at all and most of the time you find out stuff from your other colleagues that should be communicated by management. Some days are long, flying 4 flights in one day however every day is very different and you deal with a wide verity of people and situations so the job never gets boring. You get lots and lots of time off with this job and you have the option to bid for late shifts or early shifts.

Pros

Staff travel. Friendly colleagues. Always kept going.

Cons

Long days. Poor management. First year salary is hard to live with.

Good work life balance

Good work life balance and well paid. Great commission. Friendly atmosphere. Lots of opportunity for progression to cabin manager. Lots of gossip at times.

Good workplace

Good workplace. Recommended to all who would love to travel and enjoy customer service facing roles. Many benefits of working for easyJet! Great opportunities available around the company also.

Best job I’ll ever have

I worked two years at LGW as cabin crew, the culture and diversity is outstanding and you feel so at home and welcome to the orange family from your first day. The pay is amazing and the trainers and management are supportive and there is lots of career progression programmes. Best two years working here and was very sad to leave, I highly encourage anyone thinking of this job to apply!

Pros

People, pay, diversity, culture

Cons

Hard work but can be rewwarding

I enjoyed my time here due to the people I worked with being welcoming and every day was different. You can make a positive impact on someones day by helping them. There is no work life balance and recently the treatment and communication between management and staff is appalling. You work long hours but the pay can be good but this will not be the case form now on due to the impact Covid-19 has had on cancellations and restrictions. Your pay strongly depends on how much you are flying. Sick pay only based on basic salary (around half your actual wage) when Management and Admin staff are paid in full on sick pay. Severe lack of promotional opportunities unless relocating and even then an external team recruit with no input from your own team so allows people to pretend they are suitable with good answers but are disliked and bully people in reality.

Pros

good pay. good culture

Cons

long hours. no promotions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at easyJet. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement