easyJet

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Great place to work excellent company benefits such as staff travel.

Great company to work but took redundancy in 2020. Had worked there for 14 years. Great work life balance. Everyone is lovely and great training. Can be stressful and long days at times.

Pros

Always home after a shift. No staying away from home. Part time worked with kids.

Cons

Sometimes very long days

Extremely busy but satisfying

the work is extremely busy with lots on with little support but if you put your mind to it is can be extremely engaging and satisfying. The managers are there whe

4 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it. It looks as though your comments have got cut off. We really hope that you've been able to share your feedback with your line manager, and/ or HR business as our peoples views really matter to us. We hope you continue to enjoy your journey with us - thriving amongst our orange spirit.

Nice company, very bad management

Unless you're a crew and bring drama in workplace rather than experience and skills, they are not interested! Toxic management, hire who they like and favor. that's all I have to say about them. Toxic and unproffesionals

21 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our crew are at the heart of our operation and appreciated for the hard work they provide on board every flight for all of our customers. Sorry to hear you've didn't enjoy your journey with us. We hope you shared your concerns with your line manager, and/ or HR business partner to allow for your feedback to be actively considered. We'll be sure to take on board all your comments. We wish you all the best with your future career.

Best employer I ever had

I left the company a month ago after almost 12 years as cabin crew / cabin manager, even before my last day I had doubts that leaving was a good idea and I was proved right. EasyJet is without doubt the best employer I ever had and I am considering returning to flying and I wouldn’t want to work for any other airline. Yes you have good and bad days, early starts, late finishes etc but overall it’s an amazing company and should I apply to go back I would feel very lucky if they were to offer me employment. I left to try something else, which was a huge mistake, but you learn from mistakes. I miss flying and my colleagues an awful lot and hopefully I will return. If your considering a career in aviation then don’t look anywhere else.

Pros

Amazing company

Cons

Long days sometimes

1 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a five star review. We really appreciate it. We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed your journey with us. We have known people to return, thanks to our orange spirit. We wish you all the best with your future career.

A decent company, if your face fits.

After waiting almost 3 years to start (the pandemic stopped me starting in 2020, that’s forgiven, outwith their control) I finally started my dream job. The training was excellent, can’t fault them. However once back home in Scotland, do something wrong, and by goodness they will find any excuse to get you out via gross misconduct.Turns out this isn’t the first time a particular manager has got rid of staff due to personality clashes.

Pros

Crew meals, opportunity to travel.

Cons

Management, short term contracts.

It is ok if you enjoy poor management

Depends what department you go in to. Some departments are a very toxic environment and I can not wait to get leave. The role itself is fine and I enjoy it but the management and dictatorship is what is ruining it. You also have management filling positions with their friends.Most enjoyable part of the day is going home.

1 September 2021
Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it. We'll ensure all your comments are taken on board, but we'd also suggest you speak with your line manager or HR business partner - if you haven't done so already. Thank you.

Dream job

Amazing people , with professional work ethics passion and drive. Excellent training structure and focus on providing exceptional service.Training was 10 weeks and it covered all aspects of ground Aviation and I loved it .I will always hold easyjet and menzies close to my heart .

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Early starts :-1am

Staff worked like dogs

Work life balance is horrendous. Staff are worked like dogs. Despite continuously exemplary reports and assessments, when I gave my notice in, they didn't batter an eyelid, didn't even ask why...

Pros

Banter with passengers.

Cons

Long unsocial hours for very little pay.

1 September 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. As a responsible employer we'll be sure to take on board all of your feedback, reviewing it against future changes. We wish you all the best with your future career.

Fun, enjoyable, productive

Best company I have worked for! The mix of different shifts help with socialising. Everybody you work with are incredibly nice and very helpful, a very teamwork driven company.

Pros

Free, Breakfast, Lunch, dinner (depending on flight time)

Cons

Early starts and can be long hours.

2 August 2021
Hi. Thank you for leaving a review. We really appreciate your five star rating and your hard work at the heart of our operation. We hope you continue to enjoy your journey with us - thriving amongst our orange spirit!

Easy atmosphere

Great place to work, the company is very efficient and welcoming to new starters. They are hands down one of the best companies to work for, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

Pros

Great atmosphere

2 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review! We really appreciate it. We wish you all the best with your future career.

I worked for easyJet for 17 years most of it as a cabin manager and mostly part time after having children. It’s a great place to work. But can be tiring as early starts and late finishes but it’s great fun. I only left because of a long commute and the pandemic.

Pros

Crew, staff travel

Cons

Long hours, early starts

1 July 2021
Thank you for leaving a 5 star review. We really appreciate it. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your journey with us. We wish you all the very best with your future career.

Fast-paced and rewarding

My time at easyJet was extremely rewarding and what a great bunch of people work at the EDI base. The role is fast paced and there is high standards to follow. No 2 days are the same and the training experience was probably one of the best experiences I have had with any employer.

Pros

Fun, competitive salary, everyday is different

Cons

Long hours, tiring

What a dream job

Easyjet was one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Great fun, loads of amazing people, just not amazing job security be prepared to start on a temporary contract (6months) with the possibility it won't be continued. Pay was fantastic there is not much to fault. Perfect if you are young with no commitments

Pros

Great pay. Great colleague.

Cons

Not a secure job

One word : family

Working at Eayjet is like working with your family. Everyone cares about each other! The management is very close to the staff and always ready to hear and help. As we always said at easyjet : “we are all in it together”

Pros

Crew food onboard

Cons

Could be long days

30 April 2021
Thanks for leaving a 5 star review. We're pleased to hear you're enjoying your journey with us. We really appreciate your hard work at the heart of our operation and cannot wait until we're all back in the skies.

Professional and fun

Brilliant, friendly, very helpful and polite, intense Training on safety and all relevant information you will need to become successful in DHL. I all never forget my Training.

Pros

Great Employment

Cons

Hours i would have to work, but have my 7 year old

It's good if your face fits!

After working here for a number of years it became very clear that you would get a head of your face fits. There is a lot bullying that happens especially in the office departments. If the management took a dislike to you you'd have no chance for any type of promotion. It is a thankless company that would expect you to continually go "the extra mile" for very little gratitude. Not great job security as if you have had any sickness for any reason you'll be the first to go! The company started going seriously down hill after getting the current CEO.

Pros

Sometimes you get pizza delivery if there is disruption

Cons

Poor communication poor management

30 April 2021
Thanks for leaving a review. As a responsible employer we'll be sure to take on board your feedback for any future changes. We wish you all the very best with your future career.

Challenging at a personal level

It is a very challenging place where someone can learn a lot in terms of airline company procedures and also how to deal with the most complicated situations at an airport, however if we are not careful a bit exploiting when there is not much time of a break regarding the hours at work, very hard to take holidays when we need, mainly depends on company interests an seasonal time, and the worse is it depends a lot on favouritism so, either you make the profile they like and you get quick to the top, either you get stuck where you started for a lonf time. Good luck

Pros

Good social contact with all people of different backgrounds

Cons

Favouritism and night shifts

A good place and good people.

I liked working there, the hours were flexible, no two weeks were the same. The people were lovely, always positive and generally very hardworking. Everyone worked as a supportive team.

Pros

Flexible week

Cons

Late nights

30 April 2021
Thank you for leaving a five star review. We really appreciate it. We wish you all the very best with your future career.

Bonne entreprise

Chez easyJet, vous avez toujours quelqu'un à l'écoute si vous avez un problème (collègues, hiérarchie, RH). L'honnêteté et la transparence sont les maîtres mots dans les relations et ça fait du bien.Environnement de travail agréable malgré les incertitudes et changements de programmes à la dernière minute inhérents au métier. La bonne humeur et la positivité de tous rendent le travail agréable.

Pros

Repas gratuits, réductions sur les vols, réductions à l'aéroport

Cons

Horaires très flexibles, travail tôt le matin/tard le soir/les week-ends

30 April 2021
Thank you for leaving a five star review. We're really pleased to see such great feedback. We wish you all the very best with your future career.

The best place to admire how miserable human beings can become

The worse parts of the company are the recruiting department and the managers. The policy of the company may be resume as follow: "The more lazy you are the higher you will reach on the company".

Pros

overtime

Cons

people you have to work with, work on all weather condition, everything else

Once Aviation gets into your blood, it enpowers you to progress! Unique hours, fast paced enviroment, always on guard!

Fun, Fast paced enviroment to work in. Good team spirit to get the job done! Finishing most days, you feel a sense of achievement and job satisfaction!

Pros

Fun Enviroment to work in, good team spirit

Cons

Unique Hours, Expect the Unexpected!

12 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a 5* star review. Our Orange Spirit really is infectious and we're glad this comes through in team spirit. Here's to 2021.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at easyJet. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement